London United Press Conferences

McWolf

LDN_Banner.png

LONDON UNITED PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending March 28th

1 tpe for 3 responses. 2 tpe for all six!

1. London revamped their roster and we're looking pretty dangerous right now.  How do you handle high expectations for your player?

2.  Who do you think is our biggest rival is in the Euro Conference?

3.  Speaking of rivalries... with all our new faces, who are some player rivalries you have in the league?

4.  Is your player highly popular with the media, perhaps a past scandal?  Or does your player prefer to stay lowkey and out of the spotlight?

5.  How much money does your player have in your wallet, right now?

6.  What type of music or specific song would pump you up at the warmup and intro for home games at the arena?

London Management: @McWolf @SirRupertBarnes

London UNITED: @der meister @okochastar @IamMOOSE @Strider @Beketov @Cornholio @Peace @16z @HatrickRoy @MexicanCow123 @Biggreen10

London Prospects: @Howie McMeeker @Nordin @Kolby @Hendrix Cobberson @Flames1Fan

1. London revamped their roster and we're looking pretty dangerous right now.  How do you handle high expectations for your player?

I am pretty nervous I do admit. Big change coming up to VHL this season and I hope to perform well.

I would probably have say the Preds gonna be are rivals for sure, big time

3.  Speaking of rivalries... with all our new faces, who are some player rivalries you have in the league?

Right now I am straight gonna go for the top and say Mikko Lahtinen. Don't get me wrong he is a great guy. I just got a lot to look up to.

4.  Is your player highly popular with the media, perhaps a past scandal?  Or does your player prefer to stay lowkey and out of the spotlight?

Defiantly lowkey. I would like to get some spotlight on the ice though.

Bro, I carry all my cash in my pocket. That's why it split in two.

6.  What type of music or specific song would pump you up at the warmup and intro for home games at the arena?

I would probably say "Can't Be Touched." Just to hype up everyone and to have a great season

Yeah we seem to have all of our offense in place, our goals for should be a lot higher next season. I'm just going to play the same as before and if I need to make adjustments during the season I'll do that

Probably Prague, they're different in turns of strategy and roster builds plus they have an awesome coach in diamond_ace

Kind of awkward because it was Lahtinen, my brother idolizes him and doesn't stop talking about how great of a two-way forward he is so whenever we both hit the ice before my hitting game was turned to full. Now I guess we can team up and become the best Finnish duo to be in the VHL :)

Whenever I played in the VHLM I tried to stay out of the media and focus on my game but since joining the VHL I've been pretty active on social media. Nice getting involved and seeing what other teammates are doing

Got it all banked and invested so nothing but penny sits in my wallet

I like most music so play it all but never on repeat. If I could have a song for s shootout/penalty shot attempt it'd have to be I Can Feel It by DMX or Lose My Mind by Young Buck

Edited by 16z

First three are questions asked to me last week:

1)If you had to make a trade with any team right now (player for player swap), what would it be and why? 

I'd want to acquire The Rock. Not sure what it would take to get him, but I think The Rock is a type of player we're lacking at the moment, and he's a good dude.

2) About that book you mentioned.  What's it about?

It's a gothic fantasy about a woman who gets dragged into purgatory but is still alive. Think Alice in Wonderland with demons and knives.

3) You're the last one of the three players that wore the United jersey since day 1.  How you feelin Trivium?

Old, honestly. Hopeful that I can spend my entire career here in London, but seeing everybody come and go makes me feel my age.

4) London revamped their roster and we're looking pretty dangerous right now.  How do you handle high expectations for your player?

Produce goals and points, win hockey games. Teach Lahtinen a thing or two.

5)  How much money does your player have in your wallet, right now?

(in character) When I'm on my own, maybe $20. When I'm hanging out with Maki Itoh, more like $500. Girl's got expensive tastes.

6)  What type of music or specific song would pump you up at the warmup and intro for home games at the arena?

Carpenter Brut - Turbo Killer

11 hours ago, MattyIce said:

1. Everyone knows their role and we need to play it. You just have to take it one game at a time all season long. It’s easy to get lost in the numbers or expectations but if you set that aside and play your best each night, we’ll do just fine.

2. I’ve just always disliked Malmo so I’ll go with them.

3. I don’t think I really have one to be honest.

4. A bit of both. Depends on how I’m feeling that night but the spotlight isn’t too bad. As a playmaker I’m usually cheering on the goal scorer.

5. I tend not to carry much cash with me. I think I got maybe $100 or something at most.

6. Money City Maniacs always gets me hyped. Could just be from seeing the Mooseheads come onto the ice though.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:32 AM, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending March 28th

London UNITED: @der meister @okochastar @IamMOOSE @Strider @Beketov @Cornholio @Peace @16z @HatrickRoy @MexicanCow123 @Biggreen10

1.) I don’t worry about expectations. I just focus on whether or not our team is able to execute. If we can do all that the coach is asking of us then we can do some great things this season. 

2.) I’m new to the team so I don’t have any history content. So let’s say... all of them?

3.) I don’t have anybody that I hate or hold a grudge at the moment. But I do try to keep track of my fellow draft mates’ progress. 

4.) My guy is new so he is still getting the hang of our London beat writers. I hope that folks will like him. 

5.) I think 20 pounds. I’m a cashless person. 

6.) Oldie but a good one. Who Let the Dogs out by Baha Boys 

Edited by Cornholio

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending April 4th

1. What do you think about the team's performance lately and what do we need to do stay consistent?

2.  Which teams have over-performed and under-performed this season?  Do you think we have advantages we can take?

3.  Team doesn't have a mascot.  What would it look like and what would you name it?

4.  What was the first person to milk a cow trying to do?

5.  Why is it that when people are asked what they would bring to a deserted island, they never answer "a boat"?

6.  Trade deadline is in a few weeks.  What wacky moves do you think teams may do just for laughs?

Edited by MattyIce

4 hours ago, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending April 4th

1. What do you think about the team's performance lately and what do we need to do stay consistent?

2.  Which teams have over-performed and under-performed this season?  Do you think we have advantages we can take?

3.  Team doesn't have a mascot.  What would it look like and what would you name it?

5.  Why is it that when people are asked what they would bring to a deserted island, they never answer "a boat"?

6.  Trade deadline is in a few weeks.  What wacky moves do you think teams may do just for laughs?

1,) folks in the locker room have been saying that we have the talent but not the chemistry. That kinda makes sense to me in a way.... we just have to learn to play with each other in a way that somehow pleases the sim engine. 

2.) we have the star power and the goaltending to back up our claim for a postseason run this year. Prague is maybe the only other team I’m gauging because I monitored my fellow countryman Wolf Stansson Jr so it’s been nice to see this franchise eventually turn the corner? 

3.) Big Ben. Or one of the Queen’s guard you know? Those guards that are not supposed to do anything at all right?

4.) I think the first person was just trying to figure out how to please a cow and... no, I’m not going there. 

5.) I think when you hear those two words, you usually come with the mindset that you’re doomed on the island so you try to think of something that would help you pass the time by. 

6.) Trade third rounders for future third rounders. 

I knew we had it in us, just needed the right flow and all of our attributes seem to be working well with each other, everybody should continue doing what they have been when applying and we should stay consistent

Holy shit the Los Angeles Stars have been on fire and if anything happens they'll only drop a few spots, that momentum this early can be deadly to team still trying to figure out strategies and line ups. Looks like D.C. is in that position because they have some very strong players but can't seem to get the puck between the pipes

Easy. Some kind of English knight with our team colors. Keep it simple but sweet

Gross. Maybe see if the utters were edible by checking how much fat content were in them? 

Maybe because some of us truly want to be lost on an island sometimes. No for real though that's 100% right, why not? I know my answer in the future

Honestly I used to think I knew what our GMs plan was but he could do anything, he's smart and wants to win so I'll just stick to hockey and let management handle things. Who knows, maybe we'll see a few minor league player moves, hopefully it's an interesting one though 

1 - our depth is our biggest strength. We need our scoring depth to keep picking up the slack for each other.

2 - I think 16 hit the nail on the head, but unfortunately they're both NA teams, so we can't exploit the situation as much as we'd like.

3 - Agreed again with 16 - a knight mascot, and before playoff games we have a full VGK style live intro where our mascot is fighting off a dragon or whatever.

4 - Calvin and Hobbes has a great strip about this very subject.

5 - Hard to pack a boat, unless we go full Jetsons and have one that collapses into briefcase size 

6 - future 5th rounders for other future 5th rounders most likely. 

1 - it's spring break here, which means that I'm still working but no one else is around. What are you / would you be doing with your spring break?

2 - tell me your favorite vacation story (player or user)

3 - how's the weather where you are?

4 - London is in good shape this year - what's your prediction for where we finish?

5 - Are you happy with your player's stats this season?

6 - What languages besides English do you know, and how well do you know them (fluent, conversational, intermediate, beginner, I only know how to count in Spanish because of Sesame Street)?

5 hours ago, der meister said:

1 - it's spring break here, which means that I'm still working but no one else is around. What are you / would you be doing with your spring break?

4 - London is in good shape this year - what's your prediction for where we finish?

6 - What languages besides English do you know, and how well do you know them (fluent, conversational, intermediate, beginner, I only know how to count in Spanish because of Sesame Street)?

NEW PRESSER EVERYONE, THANK YOU DER 

Been doing the same thing, keeping to myself and getting shit done

Don't really go on vacations so they're not that many stories, maybe a trip I went on in 2006? (Grade 6) we went to Mont Tremblant for 4 days, we had our own cabin!

Right now it's beautiful, sunny but not too hot with a slight breeze. Gets cold at night with the wind though

I think we are getting better every sim, expect to see us in the top 3 of the European Conference 😎

Very, not much else to say here other than WOOOOOHOOOOO LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I can pronounce some Swedish words and some French words, that's it if you don't count in slang and lingo 😛

Edited by 16z

Dammit 16z beat me to it lol... nap time was fun tho.

March break was a month ago here in Canada, so spring break is usually time to do your first outdoor chores and home cleaning!

a vacation I took with my gf at the time, we went to Cuba and did all kinds of cool things like excursions and stuff.  Proposed to her on the beach at night and of course she said yes.  We're divorced now so that's that, still a fun memory.

Finally warming up slowly, nice to not wear these damned huge work jackets, although im clamoring for more pockets on my clothes...

Top 3 or 4, some teams are just overachieving and we should be higher, but thank Simon for us for that!

Meh, it's the same story.  High PIMS, check.  Low hits, check.  Minus player, check.  At least I'm not dragging London down, I'm doing that with Riga this season.

I'm French native, but I went to english school (I was allowed to because my parents went to english school in the 60s), I understand a little Italian and even less Spanish haha.

On 4/6/2021 at 12:29 PM, der meister said:

1. Working at a golf course I’m just starting back at work again. When it’s a little warmer I’ll probably go kayaking.

2. A couple years ago I went to Argentina. The food there was amazing and cheap too. You could get a full steak meal at a restaurant for $9 Canadian. They have some beautiful beaches and rolling dunes. It was pretty cool taking 4 wheelers out on them.

3. It’s getting warmer now. Consistently between like 10-16°C everyday. Where I live it’s seems like it’s almost always sunny

4. Standings wise I have no idea but I’m still hopeful for the cup. We haven’t been as dominate as I thought we would but we are a good team none the less.

5. Yeah, I believe I’ve been on second line this season and I’m still about a point per game. Not sure why I’m a -7 but other than that I’m happy.

6. I only know a few words in French, Spanish, and German. 

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending April 18th

1.  Theme Week has been announced!  Which alternate reality would be interesting about your player?

2.  Do you think London management should try to make a move to improve any weaknesses, or do you think they have faith in this current roster?

3.  Which artist/album/track are you binge-listening to these days?

4.  Which ridiculous reason would you get banned from Buckingham Palace grounds?

5.  If you pamper a cow and give it lots of stuff, does it produce spoiled milk?

6. Why did they name Donkey Kong that way if he’s a monkey and not a donkey?  Shouldn't it be Monkey Kong?

4 hours ago, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending April 18th

1.  Theme Week has been announced!  Which alternate reality would be interesting about your player?

2.  Do you think London management should try to make a move to improve any weaknesses, or do you think they have faith in this current roster?

4.  Which ridiculous reason would you get banned from Buckingham Palace grounds?

5.  If you pamper a cow and give it lots of stuff, does it produce spoiled milk?

6. Why did they name Donkey Kong that way if he’s a monkey and not a donkey?  Shouldn't it be Monkey Kong?

1. I think it would have been interesting to see how That Dude and his Minnesota Storm won last year’s VHLM semifinals against the Mexico City Kings. Surely we could have a chance against the Houston Bulls and who knows. We might have won it all 

2. I think we have faith in most of our roster. A little more depth on defense certainly would have helped out a whole bunch but it is what it is and we’ve got to make the best out of it as a team effort. 

3. Believe it or not, I actually haven’t listened to music in a bit. Guess I’ve been a bit preoccupied with the family, house and stuff going on at work. Now that you mention it, I’ll find something. 

4. Tripping one of the Kings guardsmen. no regrets

5. No. The said cow would produce whole fat milk. 

6. That’s actually a good one. Never really thought of it like that as a kid growing up on Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). Probably cause DK rolls off the tongue a lot more lively compared to Monkey Kong? 

**Not sure yet was thinking about taking a week off but now I must get my brain fired up to think of something, need that bonus**

2.  Do you think London management should try to make a move to improve any weaknesses, or do you think they have faith in this current roster?

**If the staff can figure out a way to improve on what we already have be my guest, I'm here for the playoffs so that's not my focus right now**

**Quite a few each day, they're all rap & hip-hop artists**

**Getting way too drunk probably, don't usually get up other than for practice**

**Ask a local farmer, I'm not sure**

**Yeah but I the sound of D.K. so gonna go erase that from my memory**

Edited by 16z

1 - Trivium sets single season scoring record, leads expansion United to league championship

2 - that's above my pay grade. I trust them to make the moves that make sense.

3 - Shadowrun Hong Kong soundtrack

4 - not raising my little finger as I sip my tea

5 - I boo this joke through my giggles

6 - I'm guessing it's a copyright thing. Even though he's clearly a monkey, monkey kong was already a thing from the 1930s. Either that or just a bad translation, Like PakkuPakku -> PukMan -> PacMan

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending April 25th

1.  Sorry for the late press conference, it's been an eventful week IRL... So how has your week and your player's week been shaping up so far?

2.  London chose to not make any moves a the trade deadline.  Would you have made a move, or not made any moves either?

3.  London is on pace to set franchise records this season and also in the hunt for a Victory Cup.  How cool is that?  How cool are we?

4.  Why are chickpeas called chickpeas when they’re neither chicks nor peas?

5.  You're all VHLers now, so you've made alot of money.  Describe the house you first bought!

6. Do you need to set an appointment to see a psychic or will they be expecting you?

10 hours ago, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending April 25th

1.  Sorry for the late press conference, it's been an eventful week IRL... So how has your week and your player's week been shaping up so far?

2.  London chose to not make any moves a the trade deadline.  Would you have made a move, or not made any moves either?

3.  London is on pace to set franchise records this season and also in the hunt for a Victory Cup.  How cool is that?  How cool are we?

5.  You're all VHLers now, so you've made alot of money.  Describe the house you first bought!

6. Do you need to set an appointment to see a psychic or will they be expecting you?

1.) No worries, it happens to the best of us. I think that our week has been going pretty well. That Dude is chipping in a little more on offense which is nice to see... oh, and there's the winning streak and climbing up the standings for London which is even more awesome. We may even have a chance at home rink advantage throughout the European Conference playoffs which would be mindblowing considering the start we had.

2.) I think it could have been either way. We could have used a little more depth on defense, but at the same time - why mess with a good thing we have going on right now? I mean, the game plan settings have been on fire. Let's ride this wave for as long as we can and hope the top-end talent will win us more games than not in the playoffs.

3.) Very cool. London is very cool. Not as cool as Big Ben, but we're getting there. 

4.) People ran out of common terms to associate with food so they just started putting two things together to make a new word. 

5.) I haven't bought a house yet. London is notoriously expensive and I don't earn enough for that. I'm trying to save up as much money as I can for the career regression fighters. 

6.) The psychic will know that somebody is coming, but not the identity of the person. So it's kinda half and half on that one? 

Pretty good. I'm up there for defenders and assists but if I can get 70 without earning a #1 spot my life will be made! 

2.  London chose to not make any moves a the trade deadline.  Would you have made a move, or not made any moves either?

If it were me probably not seeing how well our roster has worked out from building outside of the season, obviously acquiring the players we did already were the right move early on to get into the position we are now

Very cool but keep it down, don't want to catch the attention of a hockey God, you never know how it'll play out so we have to take it one game at a time

They are peas I thought? Chick is I  the name because they're small? Maybe I got it wrong 

I still live with the prospects, player store is too intiscing 

I would say.. Probably expecting you butnonou when you're close to the psychic

On 4/21/2021 at 11:21 PM, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending April 25th

1. As Toronto's GM our week has been really good, Killinger's had a solid week too... but IRL I suffered from barometric headaches for six straight days. 

2. Roster seems to be meshing well together right now. It was a good call not to make any moves at the trade deadline. 

3. We're fucking cool.

4. No idea. 

5. I bought a M1079 Camper and make it rock solid. 

6. They'll be wise enough to say that when you call to make an appointment.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:21 AM, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending April 25th

1. Ehh, business as usual. Got some rare points

2. No need to fret with trading, we're already the best there is

3. We're so cool we make Joe Cool look not as cool *mic drop*

4. They were probably named by the same cottonheaded ninnymuggins that named parkways and driveways

5. Nah I live in hotels. Bought a pretty sweet Porsche though

6. Definitely expecting me ha

1. Sorry for the late press conference, it's been an eventful week IRL... So how has your week and your player's week been shaping up so far?

Week was okay. I was super busy and stressed but thing went pretty good overall. My player also had an alright week had some big performances and some terrible ones.

2. London chose to not make any moves a the trade deadline. Would you have made a move, or not made any moves either?

I think we don't have the assets to really go get another piece. And this team is in a position were we don't need to make more moves. Were playing good the way we are, that just needs to continue.

3. London is on pace to set franchise records this season and also in the hunt for a Victory Cup. How cool is that? How cool are we?

That's pretty nice. But also it hasn't been an amazing season. Shouldn't be too hard to smash this record in the near future.

4. Why are chickpeas called chickpeas when they’re neither chicks nor peas?

Who tf eats or cares about chickpeas. I don't even really know wtf they are. 

5. You're all VHLers now, so you've made alot of money. Describe the house you first bought!

Just a big old mansion in downtown London. I've been in quite a few different House's since I've been moved a lot. I think this one's definitely my favorite.

6. Do you need to set an appointment to see a psychic or will they be expecting you?

Wtf even is this question. Just stop. You guys made no sense.