London United Press Conferences

McWolf

1) What does your normal day to day look like?

Work, home, kids when I have them.  Weekends I sleep in obviously.  These days I'm spending alot of time cleaning my apartment.

2) Music talk - what's your genre of choice?

Metal, rock, progressive, trance techno genres, instrumental, love video game soundtracks.

3) Some teams have a post game tradition of handing out an item to the "player of the game". It could be a hard hat, a coat, whatever. What should London have?

Probably a pint.. I'd say a trophy since those are hard to come by for us...

4) it's almost lunch time. What's your lunch today

I'll probably eat out on the road while I'm working, so maybe a wrap or sub of some sort.  Maybe some shish taouk Lebanese food, that's so damn good.

5) do you have an NHL comparable for your player?

Aaron Ekblad, idk why I modeled after him he's average like Rose

6) Are you going to buy my debut novel whenever it comes out? If yes, thank you. If not, how dare you?

Ooo what's it about?!?!

1) What does your normal day to day look like?

Wake up and drink a tea, get some warm ups in while eating breakfast at the same time, get ready and go to practice with a positive attitude, end the day with a meal at one of the restaurants close to the arena

I love all types of music, there's something for everybody and every situation except a few but I usually listen to rap/hip-hop most days, been listening to it and finding artists since I was 9? So 17 years now. One of my hobbies actually 

3) Some teams have a post game tradition of handing out an item to the "player of the game". It could be a hard hat, a coat, whatever. What should London have?

Beer, always beer

4) it's almost lunch time. What's your lunch today?

Turkey sandwich with bacon

Would like to become a player like Karlsson, Green, Rielly, Giordano.. There's many that come to mind. Any defense-man that can takeover a game pretty much

6) Are you going to buy my debut novel whenever it comes out? If yes, thank you. If not, how dare you?

Sorry but I don't have any extra cash laying around to buy a book I'll never read but my fingers are crossed and I hope it goes well though, I'm sure there are many people excited to see what you have to offer. Cool we have somebody on our team that can write :)

Fresh questions, United!

Moose: Right now it's a lot of working and trying to fix things around the house. It's been a tough Winter on my house and appliances within it.

Moose: I like bands and songs more than genres themselves if that makes sense. If you categorized me though it's rock and metal.

King: "It's London. Watches. Old style gold pocket watch for player of the game because they're timeless."

padre de familia animation GIF

Moose: Josh Anderson. I've actually been told I look a little like him (I don't see it) and play style wise yeah. Anderson.

Sure, what's it about?

On 2/17/2021 at 11:13 AM, der meister said:

Fresh questions, United!

1) Malone wakes up, always eats a banana and a peanut butter bagel for breakfast. Then he goes to practice, works with the trainer, and plays NHL with the boys when he gets home

2) Best way to describe it would be like low key EDM - say like Kygo or Avicci or Chainsmokers

3) A cup of tea obviously since that is British. Or maybe a tea mug then

4) Ham and turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat bread with some rasberries on the side.

5) Carter Hart - Doesn't usually look flashy because he is in the right position, doesn't often give up leaky five hole goals

6) No but good luck with it! 

1- well, we fell short. What are your offseason plans to help push London into the playoffs?

2- do you have a team you're rooting for now that our season is done?

3- what's the last movie you watched, and how would you rate it out of 5 stars?

4- if you were going to start a side business, what kind of shop/service would you have?

5- the United are putting on a charity event. What kind of event would you want to participate in?

6- Evaluate your player's performance this season. Highs and lows, or just a quick rating of production based on expectations.

@McWolf @okochastar @Corco  @MattyIce@Boragina @SirRupertBarnes @Peace @TheFlash @WentzKneeFan036 @Biggreen10 @Strider @Nordin@Hendrix Cobberson @IamMOOSE @Nepto @Goliathus @tinafrombobsburgers @16z @Eagle Eye @Flames1Fan @Howie McMeeker @Kolby@HatrickRoy @IHateBobNutting

Edited by der meister

1- well, we fell short. What are your offseason plans to help push London into the playoffs?

I'm banking tpe for regression next season, not sure which direction to go in.  Maybe pass more since I'm a defenseman.

If it's not London United, I'm rooting for no one.

I'm not a big movie guy, so I gotta think back... I think it was Don't Mess With the Zohan, watched it with the kids a few weeks ago.. gotta love silly humor now and then!

4- if you were going to start a side business, what kind of shop/service would you have?

Probably start up a Youtube channel dedicated to my rock music lol.

5- the United are putting on a charity event. What kind of event would you want to participate in?

Definitely a golf tournament.  Golf is big in England and could raise decent funds for a good cause!

6- Evaluate your player's performance this season. Highs and lows, or just a quick rating of production based on expectations.

I took alot of penalties, low shooting percentage shots, I'm a minus player my whole career.  I dont know how to change that.  Maybe a 4/10?

Thanks for the question, Mr. Sniper.

1- well, we fell short. What are your offseason plans to help push London into the playoffs?

Trade everyone away and start over. 🥴

For real though, we might have to make some moves to make sure we are competitive next season. We shall see how things go

I invite everyone to root for the Vancouver buzzin' Wolves. Hornet has been pretty good so far.

Last movie I watched was a Ghibli Studio classic, My Neighbor Totoro. It was alright. Maybe like a 2.5/5. I prefered Spirited Away, which I watched recently for the first time too. That was a solid 4/5.

4- if you were going to start a side business, what kind of shop/service would you have?

Bees?

The only right answer is to organize a mandatory talent show where every player has to perform surprising talents on a stage.

6- Evaluate your player's performance this season. Highs and lows, or just a quick rating of production based on expectations.

It's been Hornet's best season, but I wished he would have peaked higher than that. Now regression starts and he'll start sucking again 

I've had tons of time to develop and adjust the past few seasons I think it's time to level up and become something more for my team, blood, sweat and tears on every shift!

They're are lot of strong players on Moscow and I like most of the roster but the team they're going up against has a good crop of players who want it more. Overall it's going to be a good match up but I can see the Menace going all the way

The last movie I watched was "Cell" another Stephen King novel-movie, it was a little farfetched but overall it wasn't bad if you don't ask questions.. 3.5/5 would be my rating and I'm a big time critic

Probably something to do with food, music or animals and maybe marijuana 

Well I'd like to have and maybe host a meet and greet with the team just outside the arena to raise awareness for mental illness in hockey, free burgers and soda and whoever decides to donate goes into the 50/50 player signed merchandise raffle

Sub-par, yeah I passed my numbers from last season but my usage rate was a lot higher and considering I only got around 10 points more with a huge drop in plus minus, they're was a lot of gaps and holes in my game for sure. Next season is the real test though, we'll have another big change in talent and a lot of pressure to perform

I'm still looking for that spark to get me thrown back into the league personally. It's been a little bit of outside stuff that has kept my activity down but I'm also still fighting that dread I felt all season.

Vancouver. Spyro deserves to be a champion on his way out.

I've been watching Ghost Adventures lately. Not a movie, I know it's goofy but it's been fine. 3.5/5??? Sure 3.5 out of 5. lol

I would open a restaurant that is pet friendly. Bring your pet, hook their leash to spot on your table, there's food for you and for the pet. Little piece of fenced in land in the back for the dogs/whatever to run. Logistical nightmare but I'd love to work out how to make it happen.

Easterseals for sick kids is a wonderful charity. Steve Dangle does a much better job of pitching their impact than I can here but I've been silently donating to them for years and they really do great things for those kids.

I'm disappointed with the production on some level but also still content it was over that ppg mark. Highs this season were the 6-game streak with Vancouver and then coming to London and finally getting that shot on #1 Center. Low point is this continuous lack of passion. I've just felt empty since returning.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:13 AM, der meister said:

1) Well Malone just re-signed for another year so that should help. Hopefully I have enough tpe this year to make a difference!

2) My heart always will be somewhat with Moscow what a beautiful team

3) The new Joker Movie - 10/10

4) I could definitely do some excel tutoring as that is like 75% of my job

5) Something with homeless dogs - dogs are the best

6) Horrible season gave up way too many goals

1- do you have a favorite actor/director that you try to make a point of seeing most of their work?

2- offseason sucks when you're not in the playoffs. What can the VHL do to make it better?

3- am I going completely mad?

4- stat projections for your player next season?

5- are you active in any other sim leagues?

6- it's Monday and it feels like it should be Thursday. Do you have any advice on how to cope with that situation?

1- do you have a favorite actor/director that you try to make a point of seeing most of their work?

Not really, I know some names and see the differences but I usually watch whatever looks good instead of following a series or collection of the same actors 

2- offseason sucks when you're not in the playoffs. What can the VHL do to make it better?

Probably wont happen but maybe give everybody eliminated some sort of power as a crowd, shifting the momentum a little bit however the losers choose

No, why do you say that? I say keep up the good work if anything 

25 goals, 50 assists, 12 ppg, 6 gwg, 2 shg, 75 hits, 275 shots, 50 pims

I'm part of 5, the other leagues I have a depth forward in the SHL, just retired 2 all star players and recreated in the EFCA, I have a starting batter in the new cricket sim league Howzat, 6th man in the SBA with the New York Rail

6- it's Monday and it feels like it should be Thursday. Do you have any advice on how to cope with that situation?

Just don't think about it, keep busy during the day and get an early sleep!

Edited by 16z

Not really, but the ones that release a hyped film sure make it interesting.  

By having a lottery tournament and offseason drama of course!  (it helps to be in other leagues as well)

That depends, just how 'terrible' is The Terrible Trivium??

In 72 games, I'd say 12-45-53 points, -18, something like this is par for Rose's career

Yeah 3 others, 3 hockey ones in total, but I'm semi-active in those

Just chalk it up to 'it's been a long year these past two months'

Oh so many. I could do a podcast on it. Off the top of my head Stanley Kubrick. Such a great director with an eye for the industry."

I think the ProAM tournament is a good start but I'd like to see an All-Star Game during the playoffs that only features players who are eliminated.

I so tired doing this so I feel you. Yes, probably.

I will have 100 points. No questions, no excuses. This season must be the start.

Not anymore. I was in the EFL but I just don't have time. I would like to maybe do another run there one day.

Work on what feels comfortable for you. Sometimes it's just a matter of keeping yourself busy.

On 3/1/2021 at 2:55 PM, der meister said:

1) A lot of the Game of Thrones Actors are great, especially the old people. The actor for Tywin Lannister and the actress for Olenna Tyrell are my favorites. Pedro Pascal is pretty awesome too.

2) I don't know what else could be down really. Would anyone really give a shit about a losers side tournament?

3) You already went completely mad seasons ago so "going" would not be accurate

4) Be at least a league average goalie please and thank you

5) I am in Dil's fighting sim league for now, no others

6) Take a "sick" day - just don't abuse it to often or you are the boy who cried wolf

I love the old Kevin Smith movies, but haven't watched all he has made. The thought of watching Tusk still scares me. #WalrusYeah

All teams enter the playoffs? :P

Nothing has changed over the last 9 years then ^

Too early to call, but it will be a challenge for my new gm to get me to a point per game.

Yes, isfl / efl actually active,  sba / shl i'm updating but not that active around it

Longer weekends would definitly help with this!

New week questions:

1) thoughts on the blockbuster trade? Sorry @WentzKneeFan036:(

2) predictions for us for next season?

3) what's for dinner tonight?

4) what did you want to be when you grew up, and did you accomplish that goal?

5) favorite and least favorite logos in the VHL?

6) ask me a question! I'll try to answer all of them.

New week questions:

1) thoughts on the blockbuster trade? Sorry @WentzKneeFan036:(

Right now I'm still kind of shocked. Thinking about it a little more I see our team being a little more offensive despite losing so many familiar faces and we lost a little bit of defense for some more goaltending so that should balance out but for me it looks like my career is about to take-off playing alongside Killinger, a player I've been following my whole career. It'll be very different from my previous 2 seasons.. Can't wait until the puck drops!

Middle of the pack probably, there's a lot of competition out there and it's very hard to predict if you'll be a top team, I just think we'll make it into the post-season this season

I had chicken nuggets and fries from Burger with a Pepsi and chocolate cookie for dessert

Wanted to play hockey actually, guess my dream came true because my name is about to be at the top of the leaderboards next season

Favourite: Vancouver, Helsinki, Riga Least Favourite: L.A., Chicago

What type of player will you be building next if you decide to return? 

Edited by 16z

Nope. Don't watch hardly any movies or shows. Don't know any actors of the ones i do watch.

I think moving the WC and WJC was a good start, id enjoy a All-Star game during the off-season as well.

Probably, we all go mad at some point in our life. Its just time for you to go mad. Enjoy it.

I think Tonn is going to have another settler year. My goal this season would be to post a 0.932 SV% and a 2.30 GA, I want to continue to improve my game.

Just joined the SBA. Just claiming Affiliate PT. Not to interested in getting really evolved. Liking what I'm doing now.

Not really, you just gotta suck it up and get through the days.

1) thoughts on the blockbuster trade? Sorry @WentzKneeFan036:(

It sure was a big one to rock London, but hopefully some star power can get the fans talking again!

Playoffs, Conference finals, then we shall see

I made a shepherd's pie, they always turn out pretty great, it's an excellent family meal.

A pro hockey player.  I sure did, in the VHL.  I took awhile to get there but it's been quite a journey through it all

London, Davos, Helsinki are my faves, least fave is the Toronto one.  That baby blue with white is too soft.

a- About that book you mentioned.  What's it about?

b- You're the last one of the three players that wore the United jersey since day 1.  How you feelin Trivium?

On 3/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, der meister said:

New week questions:

1) thoughts on the blockbuster trade? Sorry @WentzKneeFan036:(

1.) It is rather unfortunate that somebody has to get traded - but it looks like we got the better end of that trade. Any time you get a premier player, it's always a good one. Should get us into the playoffs this year. 

2.) Playoffs, baby. We gotta go far and I'll try my best to help the team out this year.

3.) Yesterday I had leftover pasta. So I'm hoping for something fresh this year. Maybe Tacos?

4.) I wanted to become a professional athlete. I think it's safe to say that I fell short of that goal, but working in the school athletic department is kinda close enough, right?

5.) Favorite - London United 'cause I'm here. Least favorite? I think Helsinki, that Titan is so boring.

6.)  If you had to make a trade with any team right now (player for player swap), what would it be and why? 

LDN_Banner.png

LONDON UNITED PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending March 21st

1 tpe for 3 responses. 2 tpe for all six!

1. So, London showed up to training camp today and I hope everyone's getting pumped.  Which new linemate would you want to play with and build some chemistry?

2.  What area of training are you focusing on the most?

3.  Will there be any changes to your diet or pre game routines?  What did you do mostly in the past?

4.  What are your favorite combinations of color?

5.  If you try to fail at something, and succeed at that, what did you actually do?

6.  Why do we say that something is ‘out of whack’? what is a whack in the first place?

London Management: @McWolf @SirRupertBarnes

London UNITED: @der meister @okochastar @IamMOOSE @Strider @Beketov @Cornholio @Peace @16z @HatrickRoy @MexicanCow123 @Biggreen10

London Prospects: @Howie McMeeker @Nordin @Kolby @Hendrix Cobberson @Flames1Fan

Edited by MattyIce

1. So, London showed up to training camp today and I hope everyone's getting pumped.  Which new linemate would you want to play with and build some chemistry?

By the looks of it Killinger, he's on my level and if I can keep up with his experienced play I'll be one of the best defenders

Getting my scoring, defending, puck-handling and skating up to 99 and maybe work on passing next, keeping checking and strength the same. Not sure if I should starting saving now or not

3.  Will there be any changes to your diet or pre game routines?  What did you do mostly in the past?

I'll be eating some of my signature Kankkunen Krunch crumpets from my new shop, they're healthy and amazing!

Green and orange or black and green or all three green, black and orange together

5.  If you try to fail at something, and succeed at that, what did you actually do?

Get better?

6.  Why do we say that something is ‘out of whack’? what is a whack in the first place?

Maybe out of whack means something to do with whacko, out of whack or going crazy?

6 hours ago, MattyIce said:

1. I’m not sure who I’ll be linemates with yet but I’m looking forward to learning from an all-star like Lahtinen. His game is exactly what I try to model mine after. It’s gonna be fun.

2. Right now I’m just trying to work hard and keep growing my entire game. There’s no one thing I’m too focused on right now.

3. Stick to the plan. It’ll payoff, just gotta keep working.

4. Unbiased opinion Blue and Red or Black and Yellow go really well together. I think it’s really just any colour combination that contrasts well with each other.

5. Task failed successfully.

6. You know, it’s whack. It’s messed up. It’s no good. But honestly who knows? It’s just one of those things people say

King: "Right now it's getting the reps in and finding that early chemistry with the lockeroom. I've had a quiet offseason and that was by design so right now it's getting back in that lockeroom and being the teammate and leader I know I can be. That'll help us in the long run with every teammate."

King: "I think it's focusing on the areas of strength I have. This is the prime of my career so right now it's about getting those numbers where I want them to help the team. Offense will be key for me this season, points early."

King: "I don't think the routine changes much. We got a heavy roster who all know what needs to be done. I'm healthy, physically and mentally so I'm ready to go."

Moose: Probably Blue and Silver/White

Moose: I had to read that a few times lol. Honestly, if you try to fail, you're not accomplishing much but on the same token, sometimes failure even in a purposeful way can be enlightening to what you're doing wrong in the first place.

Moose: Whack is controlled chaos. A routine set of events that are comfortable. Being out of whack means that routine has been broken.