OT: Coach got engaged

CoachReilly

Just put a laptop at the altar and run skype and we can all be your best men

Congrats dude :)

Does she know about VHL or have you managed to keep that hidden

Haha. My girlfriend's reaction when I told her about the VHL was "so you write articles about your imaginary players in this imaginary league with these imaginary people you've never met before and you find this fun?"

Congrats on the engagement Coach.

Who's the lucky guy?

ANYBODY GET IT??!?!?!?!?!

I DOOOOOO. I get it! Well in lad!

Also, when telling someone about sim leagues just say its a Fantasy Hockey league with a forum/blog

Congrats Coach. Well deserved man hope you have a great ceremony/life ahead with the future Mrs...Coach. :P 

Also whenever I've talked to females or anyone non VHL related about the VHL the conversation goes like this. 

"You play and post as an imaginary player and update your attributes in an imaginary league with people you've never met?"

Of course they say that layered with so much judgement in their tone. And I laugh, casually and go.

"Yep, just like you and most of the world watch movies...about fictional imaginary people pretending to do things that most of the time never happened, or play a video game set in worlds that in some cases could never exist as you play pretend."

Ultimately...we all enjoy pretending. It's just more common for graphics, and TV's and music to be the method to "trick" us into immersing into said activity. Your imagination is just as useful as those things, so selling yourself short and saying that all these other forms are so much more legitimate is nothing but a joke. Fake is fake. The enjoyment you get out of things is all that needs to be legitimate. 

Congrats Coach. Well deserved man hope you have a great ceremony/life ahead with the future Mrs...Coach. :P 

Also whenever I've talked to females or anyone non VHL related about the VHL the conversation goes like this. "You play and post as an imaginary player and update your attributes in an imaginary league with people you've never met?" Of course they say that layered with so much judgement in their tone. And I laugh, casually and go. "Yep, just like you and most of the world watch movies...about fictional imaginary people pretending to do things that most of the time never happened, or play a video game set in worlds that in some cases could never exist as you play pretend."

Ultimately...we all enjoy pretending. It's just more common for graphics, and TV's and music to be the method to "trick" us into immersing into said activity. Your imagination is just as useful as those things, so selling yourself short and saying that all these other forms are so much more legitimate is nothing but a joke. Fake is fake. The enjoyment you get out of things is all that needs to be legitimate. 

Fixed for 3 paragraphage.