SEA/QUE ; S38

Mr. Grumpy Bear

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because Frank wanted it written in stoopid. Besides that, it's done every season so who gives a shit besides Riga? Nobody, that's who.

<KNPantiesOT>

Helsinki ruined the market when they sold everyone. They should still be competing with Tukio in net

TBH. Broke the mold of getting every player really old/retiring before selling.

#mustofbeenasickGM

For yourself. Nice.

My name is Kendrick and I am the shit

The best thing to ever happen to the VHL is when I hit

I troll mothetfuckers all day long cause I am the tits

I'm not going to stop until you call it quits

I'm just a sad motherfucker who got bullied in school

It don't matter now, I'm in the VHL and I rule

I'll run bitches outta here because I think they're all a tool

I'm in the VHL bitches and I sure am cool

You got me there, the 40 year old man got me. Better go inactive

• Admin

From my experience, markets develop through trends, and who can realistically compete. In this current season, I would say the market is dry for the aforementioned reasons. First, several teams have established their core, and few teams are just initiating their rebuild like Quebec. Second, and perhaps more importantly, teams realistically understand that New York will be incredibly difficult to defeat, and would prefer to not offer major assets to slightly improve their already daunting odds. This truly hurts Quebec, because they are the only team willing to sell off legitimate pieces, but few teams are vigorously attacking the market. Tough break for them, and Frank HAD to get something for pieces that are expiring.

Hate to break it to you but no one actually gives a shit about New York's regular season. Largely because it's the regular season.

The cap though is a problem. But then again, while we have shitty teams, is the salary cap doing its job properly? There can be a genuine argument for all of lowering it, keeping it as is, and increasing it.

As for the trading draft picks loophole, that does seem to be getting worse and probably needs to stop.

So...this happened.

Is this real life?......

Hate to break it to you but no one actually gives a shit about New York's regular season. Largely because it's the regular season.

Regular season or not, you mean to tell me that teams are not aware that eliminating New York will be tough, hence not willing to significantly invest in assets for this season?

• Admin

Regular season or not, you mean to tell me that teams are not aware that eliminating New York will be tough, hence not willing to significantly invest in assets for this season?

Yes that's what I'm telling you. No one has that mentality. If I had assets and cap space I would look to trade for someone to fill out my roster, regardless of the fact Davos has a 1-3 record against NY.

Lines play the deciding role in the playoffs and lots of team will use some decent lines for 72 games and then change based on opposition. The contending cycle is not long enough to 'skip' a season because another contender is doing better during the regular season,

Yes that's what I'm telling you. No one has that mentality. If I had assets and cap space I would look to trade for someone to fill out my roster, regardless of the fact Davos has a 1-3 record against NY.

Lines play the deciding role in the playoffs and lots of team will use some decent lines for 72 games and then change based on opposition. The contending cycle is not long enough to 'skip' a season because another contender is doing better during the regular season,

I understand your though process, and I concur; lines play a significant role within the playoffs. However, just based off logic, and probability, a fringe team (one good enough to make the playoffs, but perhaps not compete) will nonetheless not empty the bank for a rental. Especially when the odds are heavily against such an upset, regardless of lines.

Perhaps this argument simply stems from differentiating trading philosophies.

Edited by Seth