the paper is done!!!!!!!

fishy

Half of @fishy’s class going to be our new rookies, hopefully fishy has plans for all that recruitment tpe ;) 

ngl I was not expecting to make an appearance at all, especially because I’m rarely around these days.

Great job and I hope you get a mark that exceeds your expectations. You managed to keep your paper interesting and explored though a view very different than my own. Congratulations for taking us all down the rabbit hole with you, hopefully we weren’t too much of a trippy ride for your class and faculty. 

46 minutes ago, Hylands said:

shoutout to bill nyfe the syens guy

respecc

BiLl NyFe ThE sYeNs GuUuUy

BiLl BiLl BiLl BiLl BiLl BiLl 

BiLl NyFe ThE sYeNs GuUuUy

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Holy shit there's a Horny Police paragraph. I am dying.

Good stuff; I don't know what the assignment was but this feels like a unique take on it.

if they really wanted the full picture I feel like my brief stint as Chief of Honey Police was a necessary mention :P 

But for real this is really cool @fishy, it's pretty funny to see a paper about all this stuff with forum posts and discord chats as citations lol

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

It's fucking hilarious seeing you write about what I said on Discord like I was in a court of law.

well said, your honor

19 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I don't know what this is but apparently I'm the star so I'll need to read it.

It's an academic paper I submitted for class about the VHL!

47 minutes ago, fishy said:

It's an academic paper I submitted for class about the VHL!

Nothing says academic paper like:

1,000 words about the VHL.

In Book Y, Author X said "this" about this current topic.

1,000 more words about the VHL.

Add another reference to Expert Z in Book O

1,000 words, end paper.

9 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Nothing says academic paper like:

1,000 words about the VHL.

In Book Y, Author X said "this" about this current topic.

1,000 more words about the VHL.

Add another reference to Expert Z in Book O

1,000 words, end paper.

my prof required us to use 5 readings from class 😭

You're a great writer fishy! Quik said "accessible" which I think is bang on, you're very good at breaking things down and explaining them in a way that is easy to understand for people who have no familiarity with the topic. Very good read, it was concise and interesting throughout (you can see the results of the "writing too much and paring it down" as mentioned in the DVR discord haha). It's cool to see an academic paper on a topic like this, and hilarious/great to see some of the VHL inside jokes in there

2 hours ago, tcookie said:

You're a great writer fishy! Quik said "accessible" which I think is bang on, you're very good at breaking things down and explaining them in a way that is easy to understand for people who have no familiarity with the topic. Very good read, it was concise and interesting throughout (you can see the results of the "writing too much and paring it down" as mentioned in the DVR discord haha). It's cool to see an academic paper on a topic like this, and hilarious/great to see some of the VHL inside jokes in there

thank you 🥺 this is so kind, and I really appreciate it. i do think that writing 2000 words over the limit seriously benefitted the final product, you're totally right!

2 hours ago, chatfan036 said:

awesome article Fishy! I love that you could actually incorporate VHL into your paper. What is your major? 

i'm doing an interdepartmental major between anthropology and linguistics and a second major in linguistics. This paper was for an anthropology class about ethnography of communication!