S75 WJC GM - Team Canada

bigAL

🔥WORLD JUNIORS HYYYYYYYPE 🔥

Becoming a GM at the World Junior Championship is a big deal. It's only fair that we make the announcements for these prestigious jobs a big deal too. Someone messaged me today and said, "wow you're going to write a media spot for every single hire?" I accepted that as a challenge.

Team USA's GM was announced yesterday. Thad had been a lock since the first round of applications. Today, we'll meet Thad's North American rival:

Team Canada.

Your Team CANADA General Manager for the S75 World Cup is......

Spoiler

Scotty Kaberle @fromtheinside

The Canada-USA rivalry is going to be heated with these two young guns as GMs. Scotty is another one of those first-gen power users who shows up and immediately starts making shit happen. When the Mad Hatter took charge at VSN, one of his first hires was this young man right here. FTI became the voice of the VHLM. His encyclopedic knowledge of recent minor league teams, standings, and stars has made him the go-to source of information about the VHLM season. Scotty's weekly recaps and power rankings are solid pieces of analysis and reporting, and his deep dives for Under250 are easy-to-read, entertaining, and well-researched pieces of journalism.

Scotty Kaberle knows how to build a winning team. He's been literally writing the book on Building a Powerhouse in the VHLM. On the hit podcast VHL Roundtable, Kaberle has been getting inside the brains of some of the leagues leading thinkers (and also Esso last week). FTI is also a leader in the locker room, first as a #SaskiBoi and now as a key member of the powerhouse San Diego Marlins. His early engagement in another offseason tournament led to record levels of hype for a non-VHL related tournament. Expect Scotty to be a vocal leader in the Locker Room and being a real "player's coach" while also being a thoughtful guy and a great quote with the media.

Congratulations to Scotty "FromTheInside" Kaberle as he gets his first managerial job here with Team Canada, on the biggest stage in the VHLM. Good luck Canada!

rick moranis bob and doug mackenzie GIF by Warner Archive

Stay tuned for the next announcement when we put things back in alphabetical order: Team Asia!

Other S75 WJC Announcements:

Spoiler

Team USA GM - Thaddius Sales

Team Canada GM - FromTheInside
Team Asia GM - Blazzer

Team Europe GM - Ledge & Dairy
Team World GM - Jiggly Gumballs

Edited by bigAL

Wow thanks for giving me the opportunity to do this guys. When it comes to hockey, i have alot of national pride, and in real life the World Juniors tournament is something I look forward to every year. So to get an opportunity to assemble and help lead Team Canada is a real honour and a privilege. There's a ton of Canadian talent to choose from, so from a GM standpoint I feel a bit spoiled. I can't wait to choose an AGM and start assembling our roster. I will do my best to make my country proud and lead us to a championship! 

2 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

Excellent decision here, congrats! It's sad that Team USA will be crushing him and Canada, but that's the price they are willing to pay. 

@fromtheinside I hope we can still be friends, even after Team USA wins gold...

Friendly rivals :)

Congrats @fromtheinside on reigning supreme with Team CANADA. I know you will do okay but not as good as USA. We Americans look forward to showing you how it’s done.

Hope you brought your rub A535 because we’re gonna toss y’all around, EH EH EH. 

11 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Congrats @fromtheinside on reigning supreme with Team CANADA. I know you will do okay but not as good as USA. We Americans look forward to showing you how it’s done.

Hope you brought your rub A535 because we’re gonna toss y’all around, EH EH EH. 

challenge accepted, frig off ya hoser

On 12/23/2020 at 12:35 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

In all honesty I'm waiting or not if I get the job for one of the other teams before I either congratulate you here or tell you you're going down

So uh....

YOU'RE GOING DOWN BITCH

(Also hand me your leftovers)