Why Montreal should have a team!

Dom

Some will find me annoying with that VHL.com article but I’m doing it anyway. There is why Montreal should have a VHL team!

Its an original 6 in the NHL:

Unless you live in a grotto, if you are a hockey fan, you should be aware of the original 6 teams of the NHL which is Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Detroit, Chicago and New York.

Countless fans:

It is known, Montreal is one of the biggest hockey city in the world. Not only the whole city watch hockey but the whole province of Quebec do!

Faithful fans:

The habs has been bad for 20 years and they just start being decent and the fans are still there.

There is habs fans in the VHL:

In less than 3 months of VHL presence, I already noticed a few habs fans in the VHL and I’m sure they would enjoy having a team in the VHL.

It could make a French friendly team:

The whole VHL is in English and they keep trying to get new members, what if one team is french friendly? This could bring some French Canadians to the VHL and they could learn english at their own rate with the help of fellow French Canadians.

Other cities I would consider for an expansion:

Every other teams missing in the original 6! Which means, Boston and Detroit.

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, domg5 said:

It could make a French friendly team:

The whole VHL is in English and they keep trying to get new members, what if one team is french friendly? This could bring some French Canadians to the VHL and they could learn english at their own rate with the help of fellow French Canadians.

Vancouver actually existed as the Quebec City Meute for most of its existence to fill this niche but actually for the reverse rep with people not wanting to play for a “French” team. Also a terrorist group stole the name... bastards.

In any case Montreal has always been high on my list for potential expansion locations in NA along with Boston and Detroit.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Vancouver actually existed as the Quebec City Meute for most of its existence to fill this niche but actually for the reverse rep with people not wanting to play for a “French” team.

yeah I get that point and it makes sense but maybe it could be a good idea as a vhlm team so it helps with french waiver claims and those who get drafted there only have 1 season to do before going up so its no big deal. On my side, I'm billingual but I know its a big issues for many french people. Once they are in the VHL, even if its all in english, they would still have that french friendly locker room with many people to help them in their discord channel.

• Commissioner
28 minutes ago, domg5 said:

Once they are in the VHL, even if its all in english, they would still have that french friendly locker room with many people to help them in their discord channel.

FWIW a team being placed in Montreal wouldn’t change its locker room’s language to French. Having a language barrier be involved with a specific team isn’t something we’re interested in doing as unfortunate as it is for non-english speakers.

Just to stir the pot so to speak.  All of the reasons for having a team in Montreal could be applied to having a team in Italy.  I have assembled a very wealthy ownership and they are ready to go.  Of course they would need the next 4 first round draft picks as well as being able to poach a player from each VHL team (like the Kraken and the Knights).  They even have a logo:

image.png.dc1f6c2cbe9f515b0b322df9ff4c210b.png

I feel the Central/Mid West United States is pretty underrepresented. Aside from Chicago in the VHL and Minnesota (& borderline Houston in terms of Central) in the VHLM, the middle of the US is VHL-Less. I'd love to see a Kansas City or a Omaha team maybe. An Indianapolis franchise or even a Nashville or Louisville team.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

FWIW a team being placed in Montreal wouldn’t change its locker room’s language to French. Having a language barrier be involved with a specific team isn’t something we’re interested in doing as unfortunate as it is for non-english speakers.

Could be a cool Sub-Thread However as I'm sure you very well know as I've made it public @Beaviss @DMaximusI m on the VHLM GM application list and fighting hard for that GM position if expansion were to happen to VHLM 🔥 I am fluent in French as a 1st language and can offer as a extra experience a Sub thread where Myself or any other fluent French users that would like to are available to give online lessons or answer any questions about the language for any users as french is such a popular language used worldwide in many countries due to colonization and French is actually the 1st language in many countries all across the world .Myself or whomever can use this as another reason users want to play for this organization especially being a VHLM franchise for waiver signings and offers the French part of the pitch could persuade users . Just a cool service that I can provide and also a SUPER cool connection with it being the Wolves previous Franchise that I can Revive as well as keep the Wolves alive with Beav doing his thing as he does. Overall an awesome idea ! Great article and love the formatting . love the Logo and Colours don't love the Market Size...  @Eynhallow

Edited by Spence King
I

I do agree that a French-Canadian team should be on the to do list, however am I the only one who wants some different NA cities that don't have an NHL team? (much like @IamMOOSE said.) We're not banking on ticket receipts here, just in my opinion, I'm a big fan of the VHL teams not in NHL cities, mainly why I like the EU so much haha. I'm on the Kansas City hype train.

5 hours ago, dlamb said:

I do agree that a French-Canadian team should be on the to do list, however am I the only one who wants some different NA cities that don't have an NHL team? (much like @IamMOOSE said.) We're not banking on ticket receipts here, just in my opinion, I'm a big fan of the VHL teams not in NHL cities, mainly why I like the EU so much haha. I'm on the Kansas City hype train.

This would be great imo.

We have:

-San Antonio (7th largest city in the US)

-Austin (11th)

-Jacksonville (12th)

-Fort Worth (13th)

-San Francisco (14th)

-Indianapolis (17th)

-El Paso (21st)

-Portland (24th)

-Oklahoma City (27th)

-Memphis (28th)

-Louisville (29th)

-Baltimore (30th)

-Milwaukee (31st)

...as well as many, many others...

And in Canada:

-Quebec City (8th)

-Hamilton (9th)

-Kitchener (10th)

-Victoria (12th)

-Oshawa (14th)

-Windsor (15th)

-St. Catharines/Niagara Falls (17th)

-Regina (18th)

-St. John's (19th)

-Kelowna (20th)

...all without either a VHL or NHL franchise. Montreal would be great but this is a nice thing to think about as well.

Edited by GustavMattias

15 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

This would be great imo.

We have:

-San Antonio (7th largest city in the US)

-Austin (11th)

-Jacksonville (12th)

-Fort Worth (13th)

-San Francisco (14th)

-Indianapolis (17th)

-El Paso (21st)

-Portland (24th)

-Oklahoma City (27th)

-Memphis (28th)

-Louisville (29th)

-Baltimore (30th)

-Milwaukee (31st)

...as well as many, many others...

And in Canada:

-Quebec City (8th)

-Hamilton (9th)

-Kitchener (10th)

-Victoria (12th)

-Oshawa (14th)

-Windsor (15th)

-St. Catharines/Niagara Falls (17th)

-Regina (18th)

-St. John's (19th)

-Kelowna (20th)

...all without either a VHL or NHL franchise. Montreal would be great but this is a nice thing to think about as well.

For sure I agree. With Seattle getting an NHL team next year, every NA VHL city also has an NHL team. (Considering D.C = Washington) It's not a bad thing per se, but like, Davos has a population of 12k, why hasn't a smaller city gotten an NA big league team? :P

I guess since the VHLM kind of has that covered? But not really, they're all relatively big.

Exponential Expansion!

6 hours ago, dlamb said:

For sure I agree. With Seattle getting an NHL team next year, every NA VHL city also has an NHL team. (Considering D.C = Washington) It's not a bad thing per se, but like, Davos has a population of 12k, why hasn't a smaller city gotten an NA big league team? :P

I guess since the VHLM kind of has that covered? But not really, they're all relatively big.

Exponential Expansion!

*watches green bay in the NFL playoffs annually*

*looks up population*

👀