Daniel

To :hel::

S50 1st - :col: 

S51 1st - :col: 

S51 2nd - :col: 

To :col::

Phil Hamilton

Helsinki accepts.

I can't put into words how hard it is to move @Phil from Helsinki. He's probably my favourite guy on the site and losing a LR presence like him will be a huge blow to us, as well as him being a huge part of the team's past success, but it's clear that there's too much doubt over the next two seasons for us to potentially have Hamilton waste his prime years, and we'd rather get him to a team that is more able to compete. Thanks for the negotiations @gregreg, I'm glad we were able to get Phil to where he wanted to be :cheers: 

Just now, Kendrick said:

We'd have him sooner but apparently Helsinki's PM systems are slower than usual.

Haha nah, I was actually trying to hold off a little to find some scenario where we didn't need to trade him but when it became clear that was the only way to go I was fine with getting the deal done

Just now, Daniel said:

Haha nah, I was actually trying to hold off a little to find some scenario where we didn't need to trade him but when it became clear that was the only way to go I was fine with getting the deal done

Fair enough, from my point of view when I was a GM you always let the other team know you are in the works with someone else just to let them know you haven't ignored the inquiry.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Fair enough, from my point of view when I was a GM you always let the other team know you are in the works with someone else just to let them know you haven't ignored the inquiry.

For sure, I spoke to Greg about his initial offer a few hours before the draft and told him what the situation was. I was busy with some real life stuff that night so I didn't reply to his second offer which was based around quantities in the draft because I didn't see it until after the fact. As I said, it wasn't as if I was talking to other GM's about it, more trying to do what I could to avoid having to actually make the trade :) 

I was waiting for something like this to come. It just seemed like Cologne's time to start competing with Europe on the downswing. Hefty price but worth it. Time for everyone to change their predictions from Helsinki to Cologne for EU

• Senior Admin
10 minutes ago, Higgins said:

So I guess that makes it a hell of a deal for Cologne if Faraday was worth that much lol

One of my finest moments 

But seriously, Hamilton's career so far is almost as perfect as I could ask for. I got drafted to a fantastically young Helsinki team with @Victor and @Draper, we went on to win 2 Continental Cups, 2 Victory Cups, and 3 Fong Trophies in 4 seasons, while I collected a Labatte and 4 Jonssons. My offensive output hasn't been as much as I would have liked but honestly, I can't complain much.

Helsinki's LR atmosphere was out of this world and it was such fun just hanging out in there. I will sorely sorely miss it. At the beginning of Hammy's career I thought I would stay on Helsinki for 6 seasons. However, this is the best alternative to that. Thank you @Daniel for making this trade possible and thank you at @gregreg for showing interest. Cologne is a team I have not played for (along with Calgary, Stockholm, Quebec and kind of New York) and I was really excited when we expanded to Cologne in S31 - I've always wanted to be there.

What with my FIRST VHL GM (greg) being in charge, the first GM of Cologne ( @Kendrick), one of my Hamilton brothers ( @Knight), and my old buddy @Sandro (also one of my first VHL GMs) there... this is a very exciting event for me.

But as the sim will have it... greg will probably be regretting this trade and deal me at the deadline. But in the meantime I am very fortunate to end up on a hype train.

• Victor changed the title to HSK/COL ; S48 off-season
  • Head Moderator
3 hours ago, Phil said:

But seriously, Hamilton's career so far is almost as perfect as I could ask for. I got drafted to a fantastically young Helsinki team with @Victor and @Draper, we went on to win 2 Continental Cups, 2 Victory Cups, and 3 Fong Trophies in 4 seasons, while I collected a Labatte and 4 Jonssons. My offensive output hasn't been as much as I would have liked but honestly, I can't complain much.

Helsinki's LR atmosphere was out of this world and it was such fun just hanging out in there. I will sorely sorely miss it. At the beginning of Hammy's career I thought I would stay on Helsinki for 6 seasons. However, this is the best alternative to that. Thank you @Daniel for making this trade possible and thank you at @gregreg for showing interest. Cologne is a team I have not played for (along with Calgary, Stockholm, Quebec and kind of New York) and I was really excited when we expanded to Cologne in S31 - I've always wanted to be there.

What with my FIRST VHL GM (greg) being in charge, the first GM of Cologne ( @Kendrick), one of my Hamilton brothers ( @Knight), and my old buddy @Sandro (also one of my first VHL GMs) there... this is a very exciting event for me.

But as the sim will have it... greg will probably be regretting this trade and deal me at the deadline. But in the meantime I am very fortunate to end up on a hype train.

Those Fong trophies.

• Senior Admin
3 hours ago, Phil said:

You've done right by the Titan name. God thanks ya, son 

Best of luck in Cologne!