Player Store Restructuring and Changes

Devise

Guest Svoboda_3

The two points thing and the free weeks are the only thing appealing tbh.But I think this will easily stop TPE inflation, Higgins will forever hold the TPE record.

That's why this was created, so that he could leave his place atop the TPE leaderboard and nobody can touch him muhahahaha

That one might be the most pointless out of the bunch. So you spent 1M to have your player written about, how does that benefit the player when by the following week, that article gets forgotten about?

There's really only two that appeal to me, but I'm probably in the minority on this. It is what it is in the end, but I just don't know how much of a fan I am of the change, keeping in mind I hate change :lol:

Because some people actually like seeing their player featured in stuff? As a newer member in the league I've seen some people moan and complain about how all the top storylines and players are what gets featured. Keep in mind it's super cheap, and most of the stuff that earn any type of points can only be bought once per season. It's not meant to be a PRIMARY purchase. 

Guest Svoboda_3

Might as well have:

Punched in the Face - $1,000,000
-Limit once per season.

-You get punched in the face, you get nothing from it, but the satisfaction of getting punched in the face.

:lol:

So thank you Slobo for basically coming out and saying the VHL Magazine in your opinion is meaningless, that articles features in it are irrelevant and forgotten week to week and have zero bearing on the league. You are entitled to that opinion of course. 

Others are of a different opinion. Several suggestions or articles made in the mag have actually gone on to make overarching changes in the league. The mag is still one of the VHL's longest running and original things and on top of giving people an opportunity see their players more apart of them, this also gives more promotion and attention focused on it. 

Edited by Devise22

Guest Svoboda_3

So thank you Slobo for basically coming out and saying the VHL Magazine in your opinion is meaningless, that articles features in it are irrelevant and forgotten week to week and have zero bearing on the league. You are entitled to that opinion of course. 

Others are of a different opinion. Several suggestions or articles made in the mag have actually gone on to make overarching changes in the league. The mag is still one of the VHL's longest running and original things and on top of giving people an opportunity see their players more apart of them, this also gives more promotion and attention focused on it. 

I don't recall saying anything like that really. I basically just stated that by spending 1M to have an article written about you, by the time a week or two's worth of editions come out, it's somewhat forgotten about. A person could spend it elsewhere and benefit from it more. I didn't say anything about the magazine being pointless or those who work for it shouldn't get special credit for their efforts. It's not meaningless and I'm aware of the history of the magazine. Just because I challenge and question the ideas, doesn't mean you need to turn it around on me. I know you're really passionate about this stuff, but despite what you may think, I can express my opinions regarding it and you just have to deal with it. But to say I dis-credit the magazine is untrue and not what I meant.

I don't recall saying anything like that really. I basically just stated that by spending 1M to have an article written about you, by the time a week or two's worth of editions come out, it's somewhat forgotten about. A person could spend it elsewhere and benefit from it more. I didn't say anything about the magazine being pointless or those who work for it shouldn't get special credit for their efforts. It's not meaningless and I'm aware of the history of the magazine. Just because I challenge and question the ideas, doesn't mean you need to turn it around on me. I know you're really passionate about this stuff, but despite what you may think, I can express my opinions regarding it and you just have to deal with it. But to say I dis-credit the magazine is untrue and not what I meant.

Fair enough. It just came across as that way and I apologize. My point is mostly just that $1M is pretty irrelevant in salary terms, and most people as they save up their contract stuff will have excess money after purchasing each season anyways. Unless someone intends on saving up for a position switch or a re-roll it's just some more fun/creative stuff for people to waste their cash on as opposed to just TPE TPE TPE. 

You aren't going to find a better deal than 2 TPE for that 1M, though. And no one is making you purchase it. The store would be no better off if they just got rid of that option, so I don't understand the purpose of challenging it at all.

To figure out the rerolling all you have to do if hes been depreciated already is use his existing attributes to figure out how much TPE he is allowed to rebuild his player with.  If they haven't been depreciated then you already know how much TPE he has to use.

We'll use Lindberg at 890 TPE 100 Banked his attributes currently are:

Checking 80 (50 TPE)

Skating 99 (116 TPE)

Strength 90 (80 TPE)

Puck Handling 97 (108 TPE)

Face offs 90 (80 TPE)

Passing 99 (116 TPE)

Scoring 90 (80 TPE)

Defense 89 (77 TPE)

Leadership 50 (10 TPE)

His 890 TPE becomes 717 with 100 banked he can rebuild his player with 717 TPE then use the 100 banked after the depreciation hit.

Guest Svoboda_3

You aren't going to find a better deal than 2 TPE for that 1M, though. And no one is making you purchase it. The store would be no better off if they just got rid of that option, so I don't understand the purpose of challenging it at all.

But you don't get TPE for it.

This all sucks and I won't be using my hard earned money for it. Rather buy Boom different gadgets and be called his sugar daddy.