Player Store Restructuring and Changes

Devise

As some of you may know, the BoG has recently been discussing and finalizing a complete overhaul of the VHL Player Store. Up until now, the player store has been a place for people to basically just save up their money and buy extra TPE. Sure things like triple weeks and double weeks also were there, but most people just bought TPE. 

Nobody can really deny that TPE inflation has become a thing, so we all agree'd that making the player store be more creative and open would increase the amount of flexibility and options available to people, without really hampering from much needed TPE. It is my distinct pleasure to introduce you all to the new VHL Player Store. 

*Note, that the Player Store is still a work in progress. Consider the following changes like wet cement, they still need to dry. We will be making adjustments/changes as we see fit based on feedback and how things actually end up working out.*

Reroll Your TPE - $10,000,000
-Limit once per career.
-Must be done in the off-season prior to depreciation.
-Reset all your attributes and re-spend your TPE to give your player a brand new identity.

-Contact a commish prior to purchasing.

Two Attribute Points - $5,000,000
-Limit once per season.

-This adds 2 to any attribute point you have. Example, you have 82 in Skating and raise it to 84. The higher the attribute the more actual TPE value you get out of this purchase.

Triple Award Predictions - $4,500,000

-Must be purchased at the start of a season

-You gain triple the Yearly Award Points for the season you purchased this in.

-You may only purchase one award prediction modifier per season.

Free Week - $3,000,000

-Limit of twice per season

-You earn 6 TPE in place of a point task for the week.

Double Award Prediction - $2,500,000

-Must be purchased at the start of a season.

-You gain double the Yearly Award Points for the season you purchased this in.

-You may only purchase one award prediction modifier per season. 

Welfare Upgrade - $2,000,000

-Add +1 TPE to your welfare claim.

-Stays active for only the season that it is purchased.

Position Switch - $4,000,000

-Limit once per career.

-Switch from forward to defense or defense to forward.

-Note: Players will no longer be allowed a free position switch any longer. GM's may still position switch their inactive players once per career provided they have not switched positions already.

VHL Magazine Cover and Article Combo -$1,000,000

-Limit of once per season

-Your player gets featured on the cover of the magazine and gets a freelance article written specifically for them. 

Extra Fan590 - $500,000

-Limit of 2 per season.

-You may create another Fan590 in a given week.

Experience Points 

-You may only purchase a single experience points package per season.

-Adds experience points to your player.

$1,000,000 - 1 Point

$2,000,000 - 4 Points

$5,000,000 - 10 Points

Alright well that about does it. We are going to give it a day or so before the player store actually goes live again. We want to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to ask questions for us to answer, give some feedback etc. We also want a Player Store manager hired. Obviously there will be a bit more work involved tracking some of the once per career things like re rolling, and some of the once per season stuff. 

Keep in mind the purpose of this is to ensure you guys aren't just spending your salary on TPE. You still can get things that would amount to TPE in here but now your excess cash every season can be used to some more creative things such as Experience Points and Magazine features. 

Edited by Devise22

Good for people who use welfare, that's for sure.

Kind of sucks for someone who has $4 million to spend and is retiring. Gives them no option, really. I assume I can't use Toriyama's money on something that will get TPE for Lloyd Light.

Edited by Legend Arceholes McGowan

reroll looks like an op shit

SO I can buy this with my 1000 tpe and then place 1000 tpe everywhere ?

I'm guessing after you do it, you re-depreciate though. So when you re-spend your 1000 TPE, you'll depreciate the 3% from last season and 5% for this season.

I would assume, anyway. Otherwise yeah, it'd be too stronk.

-Your player gets featured on the cover of the magazine and gets a freelance article written specifically for them. 

Should be about 50 page mag to start the season. 

if am buy 4 welfare packages for have one season then do I have get 6 tpe from welfare weekly?

I would guess that it's limited to one and that they just forgot to include that, but I could be wrong.

Munk; No TPE is added to your total. Therefore it doesn't actually count towards TPE and you will not get it for re-roll.

You will only be able to add 1 TPE to your Welfare package, not stack it. Kinda felt that one was self explanatory.

Boubabi; you can only re roll in the off season, and yes as Hustles/Streetlight explained you will have less TPE to spend if your already depreciated. Because you can only re roll in the off season you can never avoid the final amount of depreciation. 

Draper; The BoG felt that Doubles and Triples Weeks being in the store made them lose their allure and sense of OMG. They are going to be reserved for special occasions when the blue team does giveaways and that type of stuff. 

Frank; STZ is going to make sure only one article and cover is added per magazine. So if we have multiple people purchase that, all it does it increase the amount of content each week as opposed to overloading one edition.

Did I miss any god damn questions? :P 

Yes, mine. Sort of. I posted it more as an assumption than a question, but I would appreciate confirmation.

Am I correct in assuming that I cannot gain any TPE for Lloyd Light from anything purchased with Keiji Toriyama's money? For example, I wouldn't be able to use Toriyama's money for extra welfare, double/triple predictions, etc.

Yes Street you are correct. We are technically in the S38 off season, so all purchases made that are in a once per season category would be used for then. But the store isn't live yet. But that rule is no different than before where you couldn't have any salary carry over to new players or buy stuff for future players.

In terms of salary carry over that is something the BoG can look at seeing if it makes sense to add later. But as of now that rule is as it was. 

yeah but do we hit the whole depreciation (3%+5% etc) or only the one we on to.

You hit all of it. You will not be able to make a player that has more TPE spent into attributes than the one you currently have. When you contact the commish and choose to re roll in an off season, if you have already been through depreciation they will tally how much that depreciation actually equated into TPE, and take that off of your total for re-rolling. Ergo your player will have just as much TPE spent into attribute points after as it did before. Then you would depreciate again the following season. 

Guest Svoboda_3

That one might be the most pointless out of the bunch. So you spent 1M to have your player written about, how does that benefit the player when by the following week, that article gets forgotten about?

There's really only two that appeal to me, but I'm probably in the minority on this. It is what it is in the end, but I just don't know how much of a fan I am of the change, keeping in mind I hate change :lol: