Toronto Legion Cup Or Bust #WinForRookie

Toronto has had some ups an downs the last two seasons, not making the playoffs in either season 75 or 76. However things have changed in a fairly short amount of time. Not only has Toronto made the playoffs, but they finished 2nd in the North American conference, and 5th overall in the league. A feat that last year would have taken a miracle. Lets take a look at this impressive season from the Social Club in Toronto, and explain why this teams mentality is either cup, or bust. 

Early on this season Toronto was expected to try for contention after a two season rebuild phase, and that expectation seems to have made reality. Before the season had even officially started chants in the locker room of "WIN FOR ROOKIE" could be heard all the way across the league, from Toronto to Seattle, from Moscow to London, and from New York to Prague. Toronto's legendary goal keeper Jaxx Hextall @ROOKIE745 is set to retire after the end of this season. No one wanted this legends career to end with only two times making the playoffs, so @Peacetook it upon himself to make it a 3rd appearance for Hextall.

In past playoff appearances Hextall played a total of 19 games, with a record of 10-8-1, and a SV% of 0.916, and a GAA of 2.85. Pretty impressive numbers in my own humble opinion. I can see Hextall playing just as well if not better this postseason and expect his stats to go up, possibly with some hardware to go with it. Many players are making their postseason debut with the Legion, including the following; Asher Reinhart @rjfryman, Gunnar Odinsson @BOOM, Jon Webber @Webberj, Lester Green @Smarch, Phoenix Dawson @Toast, Scotty Kaberle @fromtheinside, Kristof Welch @Juice, Jolly Greene Giant @DoktorFunk, Sirkants Klamasteris @hedgehog337, and Nicholas Sunderbruch @me. That's 10 out of 14 players on the roster making their first ever appearance in the playoffs. And that's incredible to see this team make it this far with an inexperienced core. 

Players who HAVE seen the playoffs besides Hextall include, SS Hornet @McWolf Oh Sens @osens and Micah Adrienne @Poptart.

Can these four players prepare the newcomers for their first playoff berth? We'll have to find out as the playoffs go on, and I think that Toronto has a lot to prove this season. The things Toronto is looking to prove is as follows: 

1. They belong with the big dogs

2. They can win in the face of adversity and not just be streaky.

3. That this team will be here even after Hextall is gone.

I feel as though we'll see a potential Championship in the city of Toronto, hopefully we'll see some amazing hockey. Only time will tell, and this team has plenty of it. My prediction is that Toronto will earn what's rightfully theirs, the Cup. And as this team continues to impress the hockey world, they'll prove that they belong at the top of the hockey kingdom. This team is likely to move through their conference fairly easily and make it to the finals, where they'll be tested by a very strong European conference.