PRG/SEA; S79

VHL Bot

Thank you for your time in Seattle, @BladeMaiden. Was awesome having you and one of your players here! We came very close as I said we’d try to do. Thanks for helping us make that happen. Happy you’re going to another place/GM you enjoy too. Everyone wins in this one! 

@diamond_ace thanks! Sorry it took the night. 

Yeeeeessss! 4th time's a charm. Tried to draft @BladeMaiden, that didn't work bc I was a pick away (so traded down and got Flyers instead, which has worked out well nonetheless).

Tried to trade for the rights when she went to fa the first time, beaten out on that end by the Great Warsawing, which ended up backfiring on them anyway and she went to Helsinki (which honestly, I wasn't that surprised with, Blade's always had a good relationship with Jubo).

Tried to trade for the rights the second time as well. Offered a bit low specifically because Jubo didn't want to Warsaw anyone (which is certainly respectable). Then I woke up the next day to discover she'd been traded, for more than I'd offered but less than I'd have been willing, but no further communication prior to the deal. Missed opportunity, but only by a season as it turns out.

This time, even though it took trading with a guy who typically has particularly high values on his players in Bana (clearly it's worked for him, the track record speaks for itself) it was something I was pretty much dead set on. I don't even think he was intending to trade her when the negotiations started, but here we are. Bit expensive sure, but got it done. 

the lord of the rings GIF

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

Oh god no. Could afford this bc I had two 1sts this year anyway, and this trade involved the worse one. Still have DC's 1st

There's still time to empty the cupboards. 

Just now, Frank said:

There's still time to empty the cupboards. 

Nah. Got my eye on a specific guy with the DC 1st, and a specific position with the S80 1st. Plus it's me, some 3rd rounder will prob end up being great for me anyway *cough @Domg5 cough*

2 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Yeeeeessss! 4th time's a charm. Tried to draft @BladeMaiden, that didn't work bc I was a pick away (so traded down and got Flyers instead, which has worked out well nonetheless).

Tried to trade for the rights when she went to fa the first time, beaten out on that end by the Great Warsawing, which ended up backfiring on them anyway and she went to Helsinki (which honestly, I wasn't that surprised with, Blade's always had a good relationship with Jubo).

Tried to trade for the rights the second time as well. Offered a bit low specifically because Jubo didn't want to Warsaw anyone (which is certainly respectable). Then I woke up the next day to discover she'd been traded, for more than I'd offered but less than I'd have been willing, but no further communication prior to the deal. Missed opportunity, but only by a season as it turns out.

This time, even though it took trading with a guy who typically has particularly high values on his players in Bana (clearly it's worked for him, the track record speaks for itself) it was something I was pretty much dead set on. I don't even think he was intending to trade her when the negotiations started, but here we are. Bit expensive sure, but got it done. 

the lord of the rings GIF

Got to love how "Warsawing" is a verb now... literally if Muff had asked he would have been told that I was going to FA and determined  to  make my decision on based on my experience. I could have  allowed myself to be pressured into a signing, and yes i could have saved them, but I'm not sure how that makes me a risk. I am nothing if not brutally honest.

That being said I decided to make us forum official ;)

VT.png

Sorry i was so hard to get (But you know that is just how V is ), but you know what they say the good things in life are worth working and waiting for lol

14 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Got to love how "Warsawing" is a verb now... literally if Muff had asked he would have been told that I was going to FA and determined  to  make my decision on based on my experience. I could have  allowed myself to be pressured into a signing, and yes i could have saved them, but I'm not sure how that makes me a risk. I am nothing if not brutally honest.

I didn't sign off on that definition of getting Warsaw'd. The official definition is outshooting your opponent by 20+ and still losing, something we're pretty fond of doing.

I wouldn't have been allowed to ask you before the trade obviously because that would have been tampering. And Poptart had no reason to divulge that information because it removed the entirety of the team's leverage in a bidding war. The only thing that would've kept the value in your rights was the worry that you'd sign with helsinki no matter what and for all I knew, they were who I was bidding against.

EDIT: Also you know I said at least 5 times in our negotiations that while there was inherent pressure to sign with Warsaw after I gave up what I did, I wanted you to feel as unpressured as possible and make the right choice for yourself. So don't imply I tried to put pressure on you, that's simply not accurate.

Edited by .sniffuM

8 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

I wouldn't have been allowed to ask you before the trade obviously because that would have been tampering. 

if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying

8 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

I didn't sign off on that definition of getting Warsaw'd. The official definition is outshooting your opponent by 20+ and still losing, something we're pretty fond of doing.

I wouldn't have been allowed to ask you before the trade obviously because that would have been tampering. And Poptart had no reason to divulge that information because it removed the entirety of the team's leverage in a bidding war. The only thing that would've kept the value in your rights was the worry that you'd sign with helsinki no matter what and for all I knew, they were who I was bidding against.

You were bidding against Seattle fyi, and I'm surprised that trade went through as my NTC was in place. I was not asked if i was going to sign with you and somehow bana was allowed to talk to me yet you weren't.  That whole situation made me very uncomfortable and pressured, FA is tough enough choosing between many good options  and I do realize I was spoiled for choice but  i also work my ass off to be a desirable player and I don't need my reputation getting any blacker over things I honestly had zero control over.  for your sake i kept on hoping you would ask to talk to me, but i couldn't reach out and tell you to ask for perms to talk to me without risking you getting hit for tampering  anyways. Honestly idk what i was suppose to do, i was screwed if i did anything but sign with you. Maybe that is on me, but trust me I didn't enjoy process any more than you did.

5 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

You were bidding against Seattle fyi, and I'm surprised that trade went through as my NTC was in place. I was not asked if i was going to sign with you and somehow bana was allowed to talk to me yet you weren't.  That whole situation made me very uncomfortable and pressured, FA is tough enough choosing between many good options  and I do realize I was spoiled for choice but  i also work my ass off to be a desirable player and I don't need my reputation getting any blacker over things I honestly had zero control over.  for your sake i kept on hoping you would ask to talk to me, but i couldn't reach out and tell you to ask for perms to talk to me without risking you getting hit for tampering  anyways. Honestly idk what i was suppose to do, i was screwed if i did anything but sign with you. Maybe that is on me, but trust me I didn't enjoy process any more than you did.

Tbf I didn't ask for permission to talk to you at all beforehand, figured it would have been pointless to ask for what I was trying to trade for, for free. I would hope bana asked for that permission if he did end up reaching out before the deal.

I guess I'm sorry for putting you in that position. I would've preferred to find out that you were so uncomfortable with it in any of the times we talked about it during negotiations or the few times we talked about it after rather than in public, but that's whatever. I don't look at the deal as anything more than a risky move that had an ultimately undesirable outcome for me anyways, if other GMs wanna look at it as a cautionary tale against trading for rights that's on them.

Have a good one and enjoy Prague blade :cheers:

Just now, Banackock said:

Of course. Always! :)  #NoTamperJustPamper

Did I not add in that you ask for perms to talk to me ? I totally meant to make that clear.

5 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Tbf I didn't ask for permission to talk to you at all beforehand, figured it would have been pointless to ask for what I was trying to trade for, for free. I would hope bana asked for that permission if he did end up reaching out before the deal.

I guess I'm sorry for putting you in that position. I would've preferred to find out that you were so uncomfortable with it in any of the times we talked about it during negotiations or the few times we talked about it after rather than in public, but that's whatever. I don't look at the deal as anything more than a risky move that had an ultimately undesirable outcome for me anyways, if other GMs wanna look at it as a cautionary tale against trading for rights that's on them.

Have a good one and enjoy Prague blade :cheers:

You have nothing to apologize for Muff, any other season that move would have probably worked out as I honestly  never stopped feeling bad about how it went down. I don't blame you at all,  you were a new GM and we had enjoyed talking. You have a bunch of my long term sim friends on your team. Why wouldn't I sign? It was a pretty calculated risk and If  @Jubo wasn't leaving Helsinki I would have ended up in Warsaw, hell i almost gave him my best wishes over it because i didn't want this kinda story line carrying on in the future. Congrats on your win in Warsaw, you deserve it. Just proves nothing can hold ya down Muff. 

We'll see if i can stop putting money on the wrong pony with V or if I'll effectively move her away from anyone who wins lol