Richardson Values the VHL Franchises

Kendrick

Every year players are obviously thrown into the spotlight if they are a prospect waiting to be drafted. Players who are told they will most likely be a top pick are even more under the microscope. As a player who doesn't really care about spotlight (unless he generates it himself), Mason Richardson sat down with Farhan Lalji to discuss his thoughts surrounding VHL squads.

Farhan:

"If we were to give the VHL franchises three tiers of interest, divide all ten teams up within their respected tiers. Imagine all 10 teams had a chance at the 1st overall and that you were the consensus number one pick."

Mason:

"Top tier is fairly easy to come up with for me. I'd say Helsinki is in the top tier along with Cologne and New York. The general interest around these teams comes from the direction they are headed. Their General Managers seem to be the most aware of league happenings and are usually on the ball.

The middle tier is a hard one to come up with as some of these teams may be higher or lower depending on different aspects. I'd put Quebec City in the middle tier along with Davos. The middle tier is a challenge and thats why only two teams make it in. Davos doesn't excite me exactly, but they don't really turn me away. Quebec is a nice team, but very very limited resources because they had to sell the farm years ago.

The bottom tier is fairly easy to predict. Most of it has to do with mismanagement of assets. Calgary, Riga and Toronto are fairly close in terms of what I expect out of them in the long run. Seattle doesn't and shouldn't attract anyone nowadays, but that's not a surprise. Vasteras, do I need to say more?."

It's not that I am picky, it's just that I want to go to places that have a grasp of how to speak to people and how to manage the assets they have properly. From the history I've seen with the league, that's generally what attracts people.

brendenmorrow.jpg

Edited by Kendrick

Good thing Cologne's former GM stepped down that would be a 4th tier even below Vasteras.

Thanks for the cup last year Mike, your goalie really came through!

Thanks for the cup last year Mike, your goalie really came through!

I was just saying how you like to criticize other GMs yet you did an awful job in Cologne and your only excuse was people lied to you or you couldn't sign free agents.  Typical Kendrick fashion though like the arrogant sarcastic ass that you are you pivot toward a completely different unrelated point.  As for your continuing attack on my build as a goalie it is completely hilarious.  

The fact of the matter is my player was the youngest in the playoffs last season with the least amount of TPE.  Riga also had games where 20 out of 60 minutes were spent on the penalty kill. You have been butt hurt since you advised me to only upgrade agility and size when I was actually already doing that is just laughable.  I've gone back to re-read the posts and you told me on 5 different occasions to upgrade Size and Agility which I spent more than 30 TPE during the season. Basically all of my TPE after I got rebound to 90.  I already gave my explanation for that in the Lockerroom in our loss to Davos the previous season all 3 goals in 1 game were given up on the rebound.

Edited by Mike

I was just saying how you like to criticize other GMs yet you did an awful job in Cologne and your only excuse was people lied to you or you couldn't sign free agents.  Typical Kendrick fashion though like the arrogant sarcastic ass that you are you pivot toward a completely different unrelated point.  As for your continuing attack on my build as a goalie it is completely hilarious.  

The fact of the matter is my player was the youngest in the playoffs last season with the least amount of TPE.  Riga also had games where 20 out of 60 minutes were spent on the penalty kill. You have been butt hurt since you advised me to only upgrade agility and size when I was actually already doing that is just laughable.  I've gone back to re-read the posts and you told me on 5 different occasions to upgrade Size and Agility which I spent more than 30 TPE during the season. Basically all of my TPE after I got rebound to 90.  I already gave my explanation for that in the Lockerroom in our loss to Davos the previous season all 3 goals in 1 game were given up on the rebound.

Hey, "Kendrick isn't on my team anymore so I don't have to pretend to like him", don't act surprised Mike. Also, in Riga during rebuilds you get assets to deal off, in Cologne you start with basically nothing. Not really even close to the easiest situation, I knew it was a challenge and overall the guys there had a good time. You called me an ass, but you did initiate it when you said what I quoted. Just saying, don't throw rocks if you have a glass house yourself.

Noteworthy: New Quebec GM doesn't plan on selling the farm.  :P

Of course not. The only issue with past farm sales, is that it takes a while to recover thus anyone drafted in the first 3-4 seasons are basically suffering.

Popcorn gif needed

It shouldn't cause a stir, it's not like teams should feel let down or insulted. Half them I know wouldn't have drafted me anyways.

This thread confirms several things. Mike still inhabits planet Mike where any foreign people who don't like the way shit goes on planet Mike = enemies for life. Cologne, New York and Helsinki are the best teams in the league for members. Davos will win the Cup anyway. Seattle has become the Vasteras of the North American Conference. Calgary is going to get a ton of free agents to make up for losing Godavari and a lottery pick to Helsinki this season. And Mason Richardson is going to be a stud. 

Am I missing anything?