Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

19 hours ago, MetalToday said:

Q1: How long will it be before EA makes a good NHL game again?

The year there is threat of competition will be the year they start really improving the game

Q2: What member of the VHL provides the most entertainment to you?

I don't really find any specific member entertaining honestly.

Q3: What VHL player do you think should be awesome, but just isn't?

Brendan Marner, he should be much more awesome than he is showing.

Who do you have winning the VHL final?

Was there any shocking series in this playoffs?

Who do you think is the most underrated/overlooked NHL team with this upcoming season?

1. Seattle, Seattle always wins brother.

2. Not overly, I thought maybe Moscow wouldve made the finals again.

3. The young teams like Detroit in the Sens. Maybe not this season but defiantly the next couple they'll be great.

1. Would you rather win a Kanou or 2 Slobo's?

2. Who do you think will be the best player in the league next season?

3. Do you think your player will ever have another career high or have they reached their peak?

1. Would you rather win a Kanou or 2 Slobo's?

I think Kanou, because playoffs are where it really matters, plus it probably means you are winning cups.

2. Who do you think will be the best player in the league next season?

No idea, lets go with Nico Pearce.  Will probably depend on what happens in the off season.

3. Do you think your player will ever have another career high or have they reached their peak?

Hard to say since I am currently not under contract for next season.  How good I could do will depend on where I play.

1. I'm not sure when the last time a team won a cup with a bot player being a starter.  Do you think B-WAR D1 deserves to be on the banner?

2. We are heading into the off-season.  What are you players plans during the break?

3. Someone is forcing you eat a pop-tart, what flavor are you grabbing?

1. I'm not sure when the last time a team won a cup with a bot player being a starter.  Do you think B-WAR D1 deserves to be on the banner? Interesting question, I see the argument that could be made for it. I’ll say no just for a sense of continuity and tradition. 

2. We are heading into the off-season.  What are you players plans during the break? Hitting free agency for the first time should be fun, then training for the new team and season. 

3. Someone is forcing you eat a pop-tart, what flavor are you grabbing? Just looking at all the flavors now, cinnamon is probably the most enticing. 

1. Way too early predictions for next season? Who wins the VHL, and/or VHLE/VHLM?

2. Is 13 truly the unluckiest number, or is there one that’s more unlucky, in your opinion? 
3. Who is the best goalie in the NHL right now? 

1 hour ago, JB123 said:

1. I'm not sure when the last time a team won a cup with a bot player being a starter.  Do you think B-WAR D1 deserves to be on the banner? Interesting question, I see the argument that could be made for it. I’ll say no just for a sense of continuity and tradition. 

2. We are heading into the off-season.  What are you players plans during the break? Hitting free agency for the first time should be fun, then training for the new team and season. 

3. Someone is forcing you eat a pop-tart, what flavor are you grabbing? Just looking at all the flavors now, cinnamon is probably the most enticing. 

1. Way too early predictions for next season? Who wins the VHL, and/or VHLE/VHLM?

2. Is 13 truly the unluckiest number, or is there one that’s more unlucky, in your opinion? 
3. Who is the best goalie in the NHL right now? 

1) “Way too early predictions…”

I’m going to go with Seattle. They went back and forth with Warsaw. Dusty is a beast between the pipes.VHLE, I’ll go with Bratislava over Istanbul. VHLM, Vegas seems pretty well-recruited but I’ll go with a spicy pick, Miami.

2) “Is 13 the unluckiest number…”

13 is a great number. Most unlucky number is 31. Just not an aesthetically pleasing numeral combo.

3) “Best goalie in NHL right now…”

I don’t want to be “that guy”, but it’s still really hard to diss on Vasilevsky. He’s just *got it*. Unfounded hot take though, career year from Cam Talbot in Ottawa this season.

1) What VHL player(s) would you want to be on a team with?

2) What other sports are you into, if any?

3) What’s your oddly specific favorite color, if you have one (i.e., the shade of blue that a green traffic light is when you look at it through sunglasses)?

1) A little selfish but I would want to play with all 3 of my players at the same time on the same team (Greg Eagles - G, Tom Eagles - D and Henry Eagles - RW)
2) Soccer, has always been my favorite sport. I watch and play as well!
3) I don't really have a oddly specific favorite color....My favorite color is just red

-----------------------------

1) Thought's on Warsaws impressive playoff run?
2) Who do you think will go first overall in the upcoming draft?

3) If you go faster than the speed of light and look backwards, what will you see?

1 - I didn't pay attention to the playoffs once Toronto lost.

2 - No idea. Someone good, I suspect.

3 - Your own eyes as they pull free from their sockets and float on a wave of cosmic energy.

Q1 - My fitbit says I walked 5.5 miles at work today. How much do you move when you're at work/school?

Q2 - Projection for your own player next season?

Q3 - Have you a plan for what your NEXT player is going to be?

3 hours ago, der meister said:

1 - I didn't pay attention to the playoffs once Toronto lost.

2 - No idea. Someone good, I suspect.

3 - Your own eyes as they pull free from their sockets and float on a wave of cosmic energy.

Q1 - My fitbit says I walked 5.5 miles at work today. How much do you move when you're at work/school?

Q2 - Projection for your own player next season?

Q3 - Have you a plan for what your NEXT player is going to be?

1. Well, I'd probably say maybe 5 miles, mostly because the buildings are far apart and my schedule sucked last year.

2. My projection is definitely a regression but I expect to at least score 20 goals and maybe 50 or so points. I do think my hits will increase though, considering I'm trying to improve Petrenko's defense.

3. I may choose to make a defenseman considering I've never made one. But also, this is my last year of high school so I might take a break from the VHL.

1. If you had to rebrand one VHL teams brand but keep the city the same (VHLE and VHLM included), which team would you choose and what would you rebrand it as?

2. If the VHL had to have one gimmick that set it apart from every other hockey league in the world, what would you like that gimmick to be?

3. European ice hockey rinks and North American rinks are different sizes. The VHL has teams in both continents. What do you think the situation for rinks are? Are all VHL games played on EU sized rinks, NA sized rinks, or is it like baseball where it's a mix from arena to arena?

1. If you had to rebrand one VHL teams brand but keep the city the same (VHLE and VHLM included), which team would you choose and what would you rebrand it as?

DC as the Senators.  I'm going to have my Washington Senators back even if I have to go to a fake hockey league to get it.  lol

2. If the VHL had to have one gimmick that set it apart from every other hockey league in the world, what would you like that gimmick to be?

Let's have a giant hat drop from the ceiling of every rink when a player scores his third goal.  lol

3. European ice hockey rinks and North American rinks are different sizes. The VHL has teams in both continents. What do you think the situation for rinks are? Are all VHL games played on EU sized rinks, NA sized rinks, or is it like baseball where it's a mix from arena to arena?

Never thought of that.  Good question.  I see it as a mix like in baseball.  Interesting ramifications for home ice advantage.

1.  Spend a day with any pro hockey player.  Who and why?  (Doesn't have to be an NHL pro hockey player.)

2.  Ever name a pet after a hockey player or other sports figure?

3.  Max length of career in the VHL - too long, too short, or just right?

On 8/25/2022 at 7:27 AM, KC15 said:

DC as the Senators.  I'm going to have my Washington Senators back even if I have to go to a fake hockey league to get it.  lol

Let's have a giant hat drop from the ceiling of every rink when a player scores his third goal.  lol

Never thought of that.  Good question.  I see it as a mix like in baseball.  Interesting ramifications for home ice advantage.

1.  Spend a day with any pro hockey player.  Who and why?  (Doesn't have to be an NHL pro hockey player.)

1. Tom Wilson, he's my favorite because of all the fights he gets into (true honesty, the idea for Tucker's build was based off of him)

2. Nope lol. If I ever did I'd name the pet after Cam Newton, though.

3. Too short, I love aging into oblivion. Hard caps are boring.

1. What's your favorite time of the VHL season and why?

2. Is their any weird food that you really liked and why?

3. Anything fun coming up on your schedule and why will it be fun?

On 8/25/2022 at 9:27 AM, KC15 said:

1. Evander Kane, I don't gamble or anything but I feel like he could give me a good time.

2. I named my dog after a professional wrestler, but that's it.

3. I think it's a bit long but I couldn't see it being any shorter. It's a bit of a weird situation.

1. What's your ultimate VHL meme build?

2. If you could only build one position for every player what would you pick and why?

3. Quick! The VHL is rebranding everything and need a new league name, what is it?

On 8/26/2022 at 8:39 PM, Hogan said:

1. What's your ultimate VHL meme build?

2. If you could only build one position for every player what would you pick and why?

3. Quick! The VHL is rebranding everything and need a new league name, what is it?

1. I'd love to make a player with maxed out checking, fighting, leadership, and strength. The ultimate enforcer, goon-type player. I also really would love to test what having a player with high leadership having the captain role in STHS would do for the rest of the team as a whole. 

2. Definitely a forward, I've always loved building power forwards, doesn't really matter which spot since they can play at any forward spot.

3. The World Hockey League... between the three leagues, this league truly plays all over the world. 

1. What type of build do you think is not seen or utilized enough in the VHL?

2. What VHL team have you most enjoyed playing with so far?

3. What do you think is the most difficult thing to do in hockey?

1. What type of build do you think is not seen or utilized enough in the VHL?

Well I would definitely believe an enforcer as everyone either wants assist and goals as they are important, but I just feel an enforcer could be good

2. What VHL team have you most enjoyed playing with so far?

Seattle Bears no debate!

3. What do you think is the most difficult thing to do in hockey?
Probably being a goalie as you are the only thing stopping a puck from going into your net when It's going at speeds that not many would step in front of. But I also believe scoring in a shootout as It's a 1 on 1 with the goalie and one wrong move you're shot is gone.

1. Are you recreating after your current player retires or are you calling it quits? 

2. Do you prefer playing as a Goalie, Defenseman, or Forward?

3. What's your favorite VHL team logo?

3 hours ago, dustywilson22 said:

1. Are you recreating after your current player retires or are you calling it quits? 

2. Do you prefer playing as a Goalie, Defenseman, or Forward?

3. What's your favorite VHL team logo?

1. I'm calling it quits temporarily because I want to focus on my grade 12 year. I'm graduating this year but I'll def come back. Love this community and it's always fun being a part of the VHL.

2. In the VHL? Definitely being a goalie. Being Lafontaine was definitely one of my favourite experiences in the VHL and trying to set myself apart from other goalies (and failing). It also helped me form rivalries with Spyro and Rookie, two of my closest fellow VHLers. In real life? Forward. Definitely a forward. I like to goal (sic) :DD

3. I'd have to say the old Riga logo. Bears is a close second but I just love the old orange roaring lion logo. I will always associate that logo with Riga. It's just the perfect amount of graceful and ferocious.

---

1. I don't think we talk about goalie masks enough. What would you say has been the best goalie mask design you've seen? (Doesn't mean IRL, pictures or videos count.) For example, mine would have to be Kiprusoff's masks

2. News has it that leagues are experimenting with a new secondary tiebreaker to replace the shootout. Can you invent a secondary tiebreaker that you think would be fun to see?

3. If you could change the colour scheme for one VHL team, which team would it be and why AND what would you change it to?

1.Mike smith scuffed ears masks have a warm spot. I thought the ones he had on the flames were better though.

2. Both teams send the player with the most PIMs in the game to the center of ice, where they face off in a game of chess. If the game is tied, the second most PIMs players face off, and so forth. If there is a tie for most PIMs, the coach gets to decide which player goes.

3. fuck it; LA stars pride logo full time.

1. Which player is primed for an MVP season?

2. Of the many roster changes, which players do you think are going to thrive the most in their new environments?

3. What is the most radical change to the VHL you think they should experiment with?

1. Which player is primed for an MVP season?

I have to answer generally as I don't follow the league closely, but I feel a big break out by a Calgary Wrangler this season.  We came up short when we thought we were going to go deeper and someone is going to rise to that occasion and answer.

2. Of the many roster changes, which players do you think are going to thrive the most in their new environments?

Again, tough for me to answer.

3. What is the most radical change to the VHL you think they should experiment with?

I'm not sure "radical" changes are the right thing to "experiment" with.  People are pretty happy with the league overall and it's taken a long time to come to a place where things are balanced as they are.  But shouldn't stay the same forever either.  I'd advocate incremental change and monitor how it's going and adjust quickly if it looks like we've broken something with the change.

1.  What are you most looking forward to with the coming season start?

2.  How did you first find out about the league?

3.  Are you in any of the "money" leagues (PBE, SHL, etc.) or do you stick only to VHL, SBA, EFL?

1 - hopefully a statistical improvement for my player which leads to a standings improvement for my team.

2 - Through the SHL, which I found through HFBoards.

3 - SHL. I don't care for it anymore.

1 - project your player's stats next season 

2 - which current teammate is the best in the locker room?

3 - which teammate is the most likely to clear the room with a big ol nasty pre-game toot?

I'll say the wins are low, but the save percentage (and heart) is high. Somewhere around a .928 SV%, but 22 wins.

You wouldn't think it'd be Florida Man, but everybody needs that wild man that is willing to do anything to pump people up.

3 - which teammate is the most likely to clear the room with a big ol nasty pre-game toot?

Let's just put it this way: We have a guy on our team whose nickname is Boom. The name fits quite well.

Questions:

1. What advice do you have for the new VHL GMs?

2. What VHL/VHLE/VHLM offseason move has surprised you the most?

3. We're at the end of summer! What's your favorite vacation you've taken recently?

On 8/30/2022 at 4:10 PM, CowboyinAmerica said:

I'll say the wins are low, but the save percentage (and heart) is high. Somewhere around a .928 SV%, but 22 wins.

You wouldn't think it'd be Florida Man, but everybody needs that wild man that is willing to do anything to pump people up.

Let's just put it this way: We have a guy on our team whose nickname is Boom. The name fits quite well.

Questions:

1. What advice do you have for the new VHL GMs?

2. What VHL/VHLE/VHLM offseason move has surprised you the most?

3. We're at the end of summer! What's your favorite vacation you've taken recently?

1. Just try to be fun and engaging in the LR, and the rest will sort itself out.

2. I think Murdock falling to 7th in the VHL Draft was a real surprise, given that he's been a top-tier goalie prospect from the beginning onward.

3. First of all, you're wrong, I've been in school for 3 weeks now already. My favorite vacation, though, was probably my annual weeklong stay at church camp. I broke 3 bones in my foot but I did have a great time regardless.

1. A new season is coming in fast, what VHL/E/M teams do you think are title favorites and why?

2. On the other teams, which teams do you think are heading into rebuild mode and what do they need to do to return to competitiveness?

3. Are they any television shows you're looking forward to watching this fall?

1. A new season is coming in fast, what VHL/E/M teams do you think are title favorites and why? Istanbul Wolves, idk I like the name.

2. On the other teams, which teams do you think are heading into rebuild mode and what do they need to do to return to competitiveness? Whoever won last. They were too good, and need to restructure clearly. It just won't work out this season.

3. Are they any television shows you're looking forward to watching this fall? The rest of Resident Alien, and the rest of The Rookie (final season I think?)

1. What did you do this summer?

2. What do you enjoy outside of the forums?

3. How are you enjoying the VHL so far?

Went to Branson, Missouri and moved back in with my parents

I just enjoy my other sim leagues if thats the question haha

It's been okay for me as i had a rocky start, but I've made headway since then

1. Is this your last season, If not how many more seasons do you think you'll go with your player?
2. Are you excited for the new season, or not really?
3. Do you love your current team?

On 9/1/2022 at 8:18 PM, dustywilson22 said:

Went to Branson, Missouri and moved back in with my parents

I just enjoy my other sim leagues if thats the question haha

It's been okay for me as i had a rocky start, but I've made headway since then

1. Is this your last season, If not how many more seasons do you think you'll go with your player?
2. Are you excited for the new season, or not really?
3. Do you love your current team?

1. I hope this isn't my last season. I'm still growing and learning. I'm not going to give up.

2. I'm excited about the season. I'm going to be on a new team. I'm hoping the chemistry works and I have a better season.

3. While I'm still curious about the team, I would say I'm enjoying the time on the team so far. Give it time. I won't say I love it though.

1. What is your main goal of your current player?

2. Do you have any predictions on what your team will do this season?

3. Which is better, a stay-cation (day trips / road trips nearby) or full vacations?

4 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

1. What is your main goal of your current player?

2. Do you have any predictions on what your team will do this season?

3. Which is better, a stay-cation (day trips / road trips nearby) or full vacations?

1. My goal with Sigard is to get one more championship. All I need is one more. Preferably with the Bears. I have never won more than one championship with a single player.

2. I like the re-tool and I still believe we can be a force in the playoffs next season. I have a feeling we can be a dark horse for the championship. Besides, we did it last season, why not believe in it still?

3. I would have to say full vacation. Having access to going home is nice and all but sometimes it's nice to be in some other place with no distractions or reminders of your stress back home.

1. 3ICE Hockey is something I recently discovered and I am slowly getting interested in. Basically you can only have 3 players (+ a goalie) on the ice at a time! (Think NHL OT 3v3 because that's what it basically is) If your player was on a roster like this, which VHL players would you like your player to play with?

2. The VHL needs mascots. That is an objective fact. Give me your best mascot idea for any VHL (M and E included) team.

3. If you had to compare your VHL player to an NHL player (past or present), who would you compare them to?

5 hours ago, SlapshotBear said:

. 3ICE Hockey is something I recently discovered and I am slowly getting interested in. Basically you can only have 3 players (+ a goalie) on the ice at a time! (Think NHL OT 3v3 because that's what it basically is) If your player was on a roster like this, which VHL players would you like your player to play with?

People who can skate, a lot, for a long time. No need for much checking, and maybe younger players, so I'll go a bit more unconventional--Ronan Lavelle/The Board Game Clue on Skates/Tavish DeGroot.

2. The VHL needs mascots. That is an objective fact. Give me your best mascot idea for any VHL (M and E included) team.

3. If you had to compare your VHL player to an NHL player (past or present), who would you compare them to?

If @jacobcarson877 will forgive me for pinging him twice over a very short period of time, I think he said it best in comparing Vandelay to Vasilevskiy. 

1. I've started to (attempt to) teach myself how to play keyboard. What's something interesting you've been doing lately?

2. What are your ideas for solving the league's positional imbalances? For example--there are too many goalies and not enough defenders.

3. What's a popular song that you hate?

1. I've started to (attempt to) teach myself how to play keyboard. What's something interesting you've been doing lately?

We've rescued a five-week old kitten. That's taken up all of my time and interests

2. What are your ideas for solving the league's positional imbalances? For example--there are too many goalies and not enough defenders.

Playing as a d-man is super fun, due to how high-scoring they are. I think that should be reflected in the recruitment materials

3. What's a popular song that you hate?

Pretty much all popular music.

1. We're about to get going with the start of all the leagues. Give me your predictions for winners in the VHLM, VHLE, VHL

2. Who is going to have a breakout season this time round in the VHL?

3. Summer is officially over. What do you want to do next time round that you didn't do this year.