Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

44 minutes ago, Arce said:

1. I too am feeling lazy this morning, but my motivation is always I refuse to click the welfare button, and getting the max weekly earning is worth it.

2. Just a slob like one of us, Just a stranger on the bus, Tryin' to make his way home?

3. The last concert I attended was Hawthorne Heights and Senses Fail, it was a great show.

1. What is your name?

2. What is your quest?

3. What… is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

1 - King Arthur of Camelot!

2 - I seek the Holy Grail!

3 - What do you mean? African, or European?

Q1 - It's Indigenous People's Day - Do you currently or have you in the past as a kid had a favorite ancient civilization to study?

Q2 - My wife keeps asking me for Christmas ideas and I'm thinking about asking for Dark Souls 3 - Is that a stupid idea for someone who is unable to beat Bloodborne out of frustration?

Q3 - What's your favorite NHL team and what's your projection for them this season?

Q1 - It's Indigenous People's Day - Do you currently or have you in the past as a kid had a favorite ancient civilization to study?

The Greeks and the Norse - I loved the myths!

Q2 - My wife keeps asking me for Christmas ideas and I'm thinking about asking for Dark Souls 3 - Is that a stupid idea for someone who is unable to beat Bloodborne out of frustration?

I've heard that DS3's difficulty is a little overplayed.  Give it a try!

Q3 - What's your favorite NHL team and what's your projection for them this season?

New Jersey Devils - To be honest, I haven't followed very closely in recent years, but I have heard they are on the rise so maybe a playoff birth?

1.  Do you have a favorite breed of dog - or maybe you just prefer the great all-round mutt?

2.  Have you ever flown first-class before?  If so, what was the flight like?

3.  Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

On 10/10/2022 at 10:39 AM, KC15 said:

1.  Do you have a favorite breed of dog - or maybe you just prefer the great all-round mutt?

2.  Have you ever flown first-class before?  If so, what was the flight like?

3.  Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

1. I love bloodhounds, which is why we have one!
  2. I have not, and I really don't care to. Of course, unless it's free.
  3. I actually had a conversation with Pamela Anderson in New York City back in 2010. I guess that would be it?

1. The NHL season has started. Who's taking Lord Stanley home next year?
  2. What is your absolute favorite color?
  3. If you could only eat one more meal, what would it be and why?

On 10/15/2022 at 7:38 PM, thadthrasher said:
  1. The NHL season has started. Who's taking Lord Stanley home next year?
  2. What is your absolute favorite color?
  3. If you could only eat one more meal, what would it be and why?

1. I will always say the Islanders since I have faith, but if I am not going with my heart I am going to have to go with the Avs repeating.

2. Always has been blue, I appreciate it any shade light or dark.

3. Gotta go with a good NY strip steak dinner. I never feel more satisfied than after a good steak.

1. Who is taking home the Continental Cup this season?

2. What is your best memory as a sports fan?

3. Current favorite show, or book?

On 10/17/2022 at 7:19 AM, Arce said:

1. Who is taking home the Continental Cup this season?

2. What is your best memory as a sports fan?

3. Current favorite show, or book?

1.  I am gonna go with Calgary, but it will be a tough one.  It is also hard to cheer for anything Calgary when I am an Oilers fan!
2.  My best memory is going to Saskatchewan Roughriders games with my Dad in Regina.  Now, we facetime during games to chat and watch together.
3.  The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power is what I am watching these days along with Andor.  Good shows, I like them both.

Next 3 questions!
1.  Who did you pick to play with in the VHLM after creating your first player and why?
2.  About how much time do you spend on the VHL Forums a week?

3.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Edited by Triller

• Commissioner
On 10/18/2022 at 6:47 PM, Triller said:

1.  Who did you pick to play with in the VHLM after creating your first player and why?
2.  About how much time do you spend on the VHL Forums a week?

3.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

1. Well my first player predates the VHLM so he didn't play there and my next bunch it was a waivers system so I didn't get any choice. Honestly I don't recall the first team I actually chose because I don't even know what player it was. I can say with confidence though that my first VHLM team was the almighty Jonkoping Warriors (RIP).

2. Probably more than I should as a functional adult. I pop in pretty frequently to check on things, make sure the drama isn't getting out of hand, read some interesting articles, that sort of thing. I guess it kinda comes with the job right?

3. I mean I don't dislike where I live by any stretch, the maritimes are beautiful. Hard to top Scandinavia though for quality of life so probably somewhere up there. I mean I can deal with the cold already so I'll be fine.

1. Vancouver vs. DC is the only undecided series thus far, who takes it and moves on to face the Cinderella Story Phoenix? Alternatively if this is answered after tonight, who do you have going to the Continental Cup finals from both sides?

2. What's most important to you and why: Cups, Individual Awards, or the HoF?

3. What is your go to Potato Chip flavour?

1. Vancouver vs. DC is the only undecided series thus far, who takes it and moves on to face the Cinderella Story Phoenix? Alternatively if this is answered after tonight, who do you have going to the Continental Cup finals from both sides?
I think Phoenix might upset D.C as If they can find their ways to really take over those games they could be in the cup. Now D.C getting go up against a cindarella story Is also a great opportunity to have a easier ride per say to the cup. Both teams have a goal in mind, but just have to see how games go.

2. What's most important to you and why: Cups, Individual Awards, or the HoF?
I mean Cups, You can be called a great goalie or great forward or defenseman. But If you ever get brought up into a conversation, and they are like "He never won a cup though." That championship can uplift or hold you back on your legacy of your player.  So Cups I believe are the first most important thing

3. What is your go to Potato Chip flavour? Sour cream and Onion. Simple and bussin

1. So far how has your career been as a player or a GM or even a bit of both?
2. Moscow vs Warsaw plans to be a great series, who do you feel Is going to come out of that one? 
3. Are you more into goal scoring or do you like being a support kind of player?

On 10/23/2022 at 1:31 AM, dustywilson22 said:

1. So far how has your career been as a player or a GM or even a bit of both?
2. Moscow vs Warsaw plans to be a great series, who do you feel Is going to come out of that one? 
3. Are you more into goal scoring or do you like being a support kind of player?

1. It's been enjoyable so far no real success but enjoyable nonetheless

2. Warsaw in 6

3. Support player it's all about the little things scoring goals isn't everything

Q1) who would be the best addition to your team?

Q2) What is the most underrated point task

Q3) Which trophy should be renamed and to what?

4 hours ago, Berocka said:

1. It's been enjoyable so far no real success but enjoyable nonetheless

2. Warsaw in 6

3. Support player it's all about the little things scoring goals isn't everything

Q1) who would be the best addition to your team?

Q2) What is the most underrated point task

Q3) Which trophy should be renamed and to what?

1. A lot of people right now. Seattle only had 5 forwards and just lost 2 so now we could take anyone. We have multiple first round picks and cap space though so I can expect to fill some holes we have.

2. I think podcasts, not a lot of people do them but just one podcast can bring you tpe for 4 weeks pretty fast.

3. The Trollketov for most assists should be renamed the Hogan.

1. What's your thoughts on all this new ban news?

2. What's the most overrated point task?

3. Who do you think the next teams will be to repeat back to back cups in each league?

1 hour ago, Hogan said:

1. What's your thoughts on all this new ban news?

*Gustav noises*

Achilles was deserved. I honestly think Ruutu (though not entirely undeserving of punishment, and maybe not with the best examples) made some decent points in the Thunderdome thread that blew up, and that did lead to an actual productive talk behind the scenes. I know that Rory was banned and I've caught wind of why in general, but I wasn't part of the final mod talk on that one and the ban post wasn't super specific, so I can't say fairly one way or another what I think of it.

In general I have a lot of issues with the mod team, but I'll say that when it comes to actual, serious, permaban-worthy stuff I'm usually with them. I just can't stand things like petty punishments/micromanagement and that's what I tend to call out.

1 hour ago, Hogan said:

2. What's the most overrated point task?

Especially after this past week, TRIVIA. I remember when we didn't have trivia and people were on here like, "it's literally impossible to cap out now", which isn't even true. If you don't like trivia, do something else!

1 hour ago, Hogan said:

3. Who do you think the next teams will be to repeat back to back cups in each league?

In NA...Seattle again. Bana is just on another level most seasons. The EU might be a bit of a hot take, but I'm going with Prague. Acyd has shown that he's capable of running a team well, and they've got a lot of assets built up that could end up combining into something interesting.

1. What are your thoughts on forum drama in general? Entertaining, would rather not see it, healthy, bad for the league, etc.?

2. What's a song that's been wrecked for you, something you used to like but that you've now heard too many times or in an annoying context?

3. What's your most-complimented article of clothing?

19 minutes ago, Gustav said:

1. What are your thoughts on forum drama in general? Entertaining, would rather not see it, healthy, bad for the league, etc.?

2. What's a song that's been wrecked for you, something you used to like but that you've now heard too many times or in an annoying context?

3. What's your most-complimented article of clothing?

1. It makes podcasting easier as it gives me something to talk about.

2. Flight facilities Claire de Lune it's literally just an ad now and no longer a song

3. My watch I think

Q1. What would make you listen to VHL podcasts

Q2. What job do you think is overpaid in the VHL?

Q3. Where do you want to go on holiday/vacation next?

1. My favorite is when podcasters post a question thread. Awaiting your own questions to be answered is definitely incentive to listen. 
2. Got to go with Moderator.

3. I want to go to the beach. Either down in South Beach Miami, Florida or one of the islands below.

1. How have you felt about the VHL/VHLE/VHLM playoffs so far?

2. How did your beginning of the year predictions go so far?

3. What is your favorite thing outside of the VHL to do?

14 hours ago, Arce said:

1. My favorite is when podcasters post a question thread. Awaiting your own questions to be answered is definitely incentive to listen. 
2. Got to go with Moderator.

3. I want to go to the beach. Either down in South Beach Miami, Florida or one of the islands below.

1. How have you felt about the VHL/VHLE/VHLM playoffs so far?

2. How did your beginning of the year predictions go so far?

3. What is your favorite thing outside of the VHL to do?

1. A bit disinterested in the VHL and VHLE playoffs.  I spent so much time learning the ins and outs of the VHLM that the other leagues fell by the wayside.

2. None of them came true! Lol  Waivers can REALLY change the VHLM at any time.  Makes it quite exciting!

3. Just being with my wife and my newborn girl!  Video games are my way to relax.

Next questions!

1. What offseason tournaments do you look forward to the most each season?

2. How do you or did you decide what kind of a player build you wanted to create?

3. What is your favorite "trash" tv or piece of media that you like to indulge in?

1 - Honestly I don't really pay any attention to them.

2 - I wanted to revisit my first VHL player, a shutdown defenseman.

3 - Twitter, I guess? Not sure.

1 - Has this been a really long week for you, too?

2 - Do you have a Twitter account / are you staying after Musk buys it?

3 - Are you doing anything for Halloween?

19 hours ago, der meister said:

1 - Has this been a really long week for you, too?

2 - Do you have a Twitter account / are you staying after Musk buys it?

3 - Are you doing anything for Halloween?

1. It felt kind of short for me tbh. Had a lot of work to get done, so it was a fairly productive week. I find my weeks feel like they go by slow if I'm not doing anything after work for the whole week.

2. Funny story, I used to own one of the largest Twitter accounts in the world (relatable quotes account), but it got wrongfully banned 2 years ago. Needless to say I don't like Twitter anymore... unless Daddy Elon unbans me

3. Probably not, but I'm totally okay with that

1. Until the end of 2022, what are you looking forward to the most?

2. How did your player / team perform relative to your expectations this VHL (e or m) season / playoffs?

3. If you ad to choose one, what's your favorite treat / desert?

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

1. Until the end of 2022, what are you looking forward to the most?

2. How did your player / team perform relative to your expectations this VHL (e or m) season / playoffs?

3. If you ad to choose one, what's your favorite treat / desert?

1. As of right now I'm looking forward to Wesley's first Christmas!

2. Dynamite was a bust again, but he does seem to be getting better so that's good.

3. Without a doubt it's pineapple upside down cake.

1. What is your favorite drink to start your day?

2. Obviously, it's super early, but who is taking home the Stanley Cup?

3. What is the one album you could listen to on repeat for the rest of time and not get tired of hearing it?

On 10/29/2022 at 11:08 AM, thadthrasher said:

1. What is your favorite drink to start your day?

Orange juice is the boring standard, but I have to go with it anyway. Goes well with anything breakfast and I just like it in general.

2. Obviously, it's super early, but who is taking home the Stanley Cup?

Irrational homer take: Sabres. They've somehow started well, so why not believe?

3. What is the one album you could listen to on repeat for the rest of time and not get tired of hearing it?

Head Hunters by Herbie Hancock. I think I've told this story a few times on the forum before, but I still buy CDs sometimes--I went out to the bookstore and bought that just a couple days before everything shut down COVID-wise and put it on just about every day for the rest of that semester. It was one of the things that kept me going and I still love it today.

1. It's Halloween this week! Do you (or did you) have any plans?

2. What would your player's (or team's) dream scenario be this offseason?

3. What's your too-early pick for next season's champion in the VHL?

10 hours ago, Gustav said:

Orange juice is the boring standard, but I have to go with it anyway. Goes well with anything breakfast and I just like it in general.

Irrational homer take: Sabres. They've somehow started well, so why not believe?

Head Hunters by Herbie Hancock. I think I've told this story a few times on the forum before, but I still buy CDs sometimes--I went out to the bookstore and bought that just a couple days before everything shut down COVID-wise and put it on just about every day for the rest of that semester. It was one of the things that kept me going and I still love it today.

1. It's Halloween this week! Do you (or did you) have any plans?

2. What would your player's (or team's) dream scenario be this offseason?

3. What's your too-early pick for next season's champion in the VHL?

1. I will be taking my kids out to go trick or treating, looking forward to it!

2. Coming off a cup win, the dream scenario would be to equipped the team for a repeat!

3. As much as I will always put DC out of faith for my team, realistically I would say Vancouver is loaded again this season, with more TPE applied to their main players. They will be dangerous.

1. What do you look forward to most about the holidays? If you don't celebrate, what is something you enjoy doing in the winter time?

2. Were you happy with your player's performance in S85?

3. What are your expectations of your player in S86?

5 hours ago, Arce said:

1. I will be taking my kids out to go trick or treating, looking forward to it!

2. Coming off a cup win, the dream scenario would be to equipped the team for a repeat!

3. As much as I will always put DC out of faith for my team, realistically I would say Vancouver is loaded again this season, with more TPE applied to their main players. They will be dangerous.

1. What do you look forward to most about the holidays? If you don't celebrate, what is something you enjoy doing in the winter time?

2. Were you happy with your player's performance in S85?

3. What are your expectations of your player in S86?

1. Spending time with family!  We will be unable to be with everyone this Christmas but it is mainly due to not traveling because our little girl was born a week ago!  Will be her first Christmas and I am very excited!

2. I was!  He didn't have a full season but almost ended with a point per game and he showed that what I thought was building is exactly what I built!  Excited for the next season and the draft.

3. I just hope the 2-way player I am developing continues to improve and play the way I am designing him to play!  Hit hard, shut down opposing offense and make some pretty passing plays!

Time for the questions!

1. Where did you come up with the name for your player?  

2. Are you more of a roleplaying user in the VHL or not?

3. Are you here to create players that break records or are you here to just simply see how your players career plays out regardless of their stats?

1.Where did you come up with the name for your player?  

Tuukka Rask + F@c$ a Rask = Fuukkka Rask 

2. Are you more of a roleplaying user in the VHL or not?

Definitely way less than most.  I tend to bounce in and out of each side. 

3. Are you here to create players that break records or are you here to just simply see how your players career plays out regardless of their stats?

Well ive created 2x kind of decent players but have yet to win an individual award yet. 

Maybe Fuukka is the guy !!!

1.  How long have you been a member in the VHL? 

2.  Would you serve 5 years in prison if you were paid 5 million dollars to do so ? 

3. Who will be drafted 1st overall in the upcoming VHL draft and why ? 

Edited by Jubis

1.  How long have you been a member in the VHL? 

I have been a member on and off since Season 1, yes I am an OG member, I had a good run from S40 to about S70ish where i had 3 players back to back to back who were great. Other than that, they were pretty middling.

2.  Would you serve 5 years in prison if you were paid 5 million dollars to do so ? 

I don't think I would, it all depends on if its a super max, or middle of the road or an easy prison. Either way probably not, that is 5 years of my life I can never get back. Money isn't everything,

3. Who will be drafted 1st overall in the upcoming VHL draft and why ? 

I don't have an opinion on this since I have just gotten back and I have no idea who is ranked highly.

1) Are you in any other leagues? Which is your favorite?

2) What can the VHL do to make the World Cup mean more?
3) Are you enjoying your teams start to the NHL season?

1)Are you in any other leagues? Which is your favorite?

I signed up for another hockey league but didn't like the format. I am vhl only now and happy with this league. 

2) What can the VHL do to make the World Cup mean more?

Free tpe to the winning team 🙌 

3) Are you enjoying your teams start to the NHL season?

Bruins fan, so the 10-2-0 start os pretty dark good 😃 

1.  Do you donate each season?  If so what do you purchase? 

2. Should the VHL have a jersey number associated with your player ? 

3.  Do you participate in any fantasy sport leagues  yahoo,ESPN  ect.. ? 

7 hours ago, Jubis said:

1.  Do you donate each season?  If so what do you purchase? 

I do and I always go for 1M$, 5 uncapped TPE and double week

7 hours ago, Jubis said:

2. Should the VHL have a jersey number associated with your player ?

I would like it to be integrated on the portal for sure, it would add a little personal touch to our players and I would also add the render so graphic makers get a kind of database.

7 hours ago, Jubis said:

3.  Do you participate in any fantasy sport leagues  yahoo,ESPN  ect.. ? 

I did in the past but I gave up on those recently since I felt the hype at the beginning but mid season I wasn't even looking at it anymore

questions:

1. Which team has won the off-season so far?

2. if you could choose a member who would follow you in every teams you go, who would it be?

3. what is the best player name in the VHL currently?

On 11/7/2022 at 11:11 AM, Dom said:

I do and I always go for 1M$, 5 uncapped TPE and double week

I would like it to be integrated on the portal for sure, it would add a little personal touch to our players and I would also add the render so graphic makers get a kind of database.

I did in the past but I gave up on those recently since I felt the hype at the beginning but mid season I wasn't even looking at it anymore

questions:

1. Which team has won the off-season so far?

2. if you could choose a member who would follow you in every teams you go, who would it be?

3. what is the best player name in the VHL currently?

1. My team the bears. Very good draft and pick ups in FA.

2. Probably the guy I've spent the most seasons with DoktorFunk doctorfunk, I dont even know.

3.Hulk Hogan 2. I only answer that as it's the only name I know.

1. Would you rather win 8 cups in a row or 8 awards of your choosing.

2. You need to bomb a vhl team, who do you choose and why?
3. Worst player name in the vhl right now?

On 11/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, Hogan said:

1. Would you rather win 8 cups in a row or 8 awards of your choosing.

Awards, because of the loophole that I could choose to win a few Kanous and that almost always means Cup winner. Even if I got Monkey's Paw'd out of championships, that at least guarantees some deep playoff runs.

2. You need to bomb a vhl team, who do you choose and why?

Seattle, partly because that would be funny to watch and partly because they're going to be very strong competition for LA.

I have other answers, but I'll avoid them due to some potential for drama.

3. Worst player name in the vhl right now?

It always weirds me out when people get together and create players in a "family" or something. The Reinharts were/are hard to keep track of sometimes and it looks like McFleury is the next name we'll be seeing everywhere for a while. I won't judge what makes others happy, but it's a gimmick that I don't see myself following.

1. Your current team ceases to exist, and you become a free agent who MUST sign somewhere else. Where do you go and why?

2. What's something specific that you either like or dislike about the VHLM?

3. How is your favorite NHL team doing?