Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

On 3/13/2023 at 9:01 AM, RJMW said:

Questions

1) Who is your favorite athlete outside of hockey?

I'd say that mine is probably split between Justin Herbert for NFL and Ryan Blaney in NASCAR. Between the two, my Sundays are covered year round! Herbert seems like a fun guy, and Blaney is a huge nerd.

2) What is your best memory involving food?

My best memory would be cooking marshmallows by the fire at my Grandpa's trailer before he passed. We used to go up as a family and hang out, which was always nice to get out of the city.

3) If you could do anything for work, money aside, what would you do?

I'd definitely have to go with something in sports. If I had better writing skills, I'd love to be a traveling writer. Whether it was as a team beat writer following the Leafs around, or more of a series writer following NASCAR around, I think it would be a cool job to have to cover the things that I enjoy.

My Questions

1) If you could only listen to one band for the rest of your life, which band would it be?

2) What is your favourite sports moment of all time?

3) What is your favourite TV show of all time, and what is a show that you haven't seen that you'd like to?

Edited by dstevensonjr
Accidentally posted entire post in quote tweet.

1 - That's a super tough question to answer. I mostly listen to synthwave mixes, so I dunno. I guess if I really had to pick a 'band', though, I might pick The Megas, because it's fun to sing along with them. 

2 - Hmmm. You're really coming with the hard questions here. Maybe going to a Sabres / Bruins playoff game and sitting in the top row of the Aud, slamming my fists against the wood wall behind me for 3 hours. That building was rocking.

3 - Jesus Christ, @dstevensonjr. I'm struggling again. I think I'm going to go British and say either Spaced, which is all of 14 episodes, or Dr Who, which is all of 60 years lol

1 - How's the weather where you are? We were supposed to get up to 16" of snow and got like 2.5", but schools were closed in anticipation.

2 - I made a garlic white pizza for dinner. What's your favorite pizza style/topping assortment?

3 - How disappointed are you that Seattle didn't move on to the Cup Finals? I know I am...

1 - How's the weather where you are? We were supposed to get up to 16" of snow and got like 2.5", but schools were closed in anticipation.

Its pretty good here, we are just breaking above freezing now so its nice out now.

2 - I made a garlic white pizza for dinner. What's your favorite pizza style/topping assortment?

Garlic? interesting, should make it like garlic bread with cheese. I like BBQ chicken the most, also put that cheese in the crust, its yummy.

3 - How disappointed are you that Seattle didn't move on to the Cup Finals? I know I am...

I'm happy, I don't like Seattle, but I hate all my opponents, Warsaw #1.

1 - Calgary vs HC, who wins the finals?

2 - Who is the playoff MVP at this point in your mind?

3 - Is there a meaning behind your players name? what is it?

14 hours ago, der meister said:

1) Too cold. Feels like -13C right now. Although they say it is going up to 5C today, so that would be a nice change from this long winter. 

2) Barbecue Chicken pizza. 

3) I'm not invested in any one team at this stage so I am not disappointed at all. 

1) What's the best book you've read recently, and why did you enjoy it?
2) Do you have any travel plans for the near future? If so, where are you headed?
3) What's a new skill or hobby you've recently picked up, and why did you decide to learn it?

1) What's the best book you've read recently, and why did you enjoy it?
2) Do you have any travel plans for the near future? If so, where are you headed?
3) What's a new skill or hobby you've recently picked up, and why did you decide to learn it?

1. The best book was the hunger games, I loved the movies so it was very interesting to read 

2. I do not have any travel plans in the future 

3. I have learned to spin a basketball on my finger

Questions 

Q1) what is your favourite video game?

Q2) if you play on a console, what do you play on?

Q3) would you rather call of duty or Fortnite? 

On 3/12/2023 at 11:54 PM, N0HBDY said:

Even with the currently dominant bruins, who do you think will win the cup?

What's the one thing you look for in a sporting good store whether you are buying or browsing?

What is your most prized possession?

1. I have to stick with the local team, Carolina Hurricanes
2. I dont really go into them much anymore. I guess I am more of a casual browser when I do. Nothing in particular draws my interest
3. Oh wow. I have alot of things I treasure, but most prized? I cant say. I guess I can be soppy and say my wife. I have had some tough medical issues over the 20 years we have been married and she helped me every step of the way. 

So my 3....
1. March Madness is in full-swing, so who wins it all? My bracket is shot to hell so I cant even answer this now, haha.
2. Who is the best fighter in the heavy-weight division in your lifetime?
3. That one binge-worthy show?

1. March Madness is in full-swing, so who wins it all? My bracket is shot to hell so I cant even answer this now, haha.

I have no clue, I don't know College sports sorry, lets go with Maryland.
2. Who is the best fighter in the heavy-weight division in your lifetime?

I don't know UFC, so my create a player form EA sports UFC 3 will do! after going 55-5-1
3. That one binge-worthy show?

Greys, I don't know why but I can watch that all in two Months, but if not greys then wednesdays, as I watched it all in one night and iy was fantastic

1. What is your early Stanley cup predictions as of right now?
2. Do the watchmen have any chance of a playoff run in Season 88?

3. Whats your Honest review of the VHL/VHLE/VHLM playoffs?

1. What is your early Stanley cup predictions as of right now?

As a die hard bruins fan I gotta hope they can pull it off but winning the cup is an incredible feat in the NHL. Probably the hardest championship to win in NA sports. 

2. Do the watchmen have any chance of a playoff run in Season 88?

Since you are asking the question I hope so. 

3. Whats your Honest review of the VHL/VHLE/VHLM playoffs?

Calgary won !!!!!!!!  It's amazing and nothing else matters. 

1.  Who is your favorite NHL player ? 

2. How many cups have you won in the VHL?

3.  You have to eat only 1 type of meat the rest of your life, what is it ? ( If no meat. What leafy green if you could only eat 1 ?) 

1.  Who is your favorite NHL player ? 

It is PK Subban, one of the ten hockey players I can remember off-hand

2. How many cups have you won in the VHL?

From memory, I think it's three. I won two with Reencarnacion and one with Preencarnacion, and I think that's it? 

3.  You have to eat only 1 type of meat the rest of your life, what is it ? ( If no meat. What leafy green if you could only eat 1 ?) 

This is a tough call as I'm still on my quest to find the best meat. I think I would go with Lamb although pork is a close second.

1. If you could interview one VHL member, who would it be and why?

2. Who do you think should be considered as the greatest VHL GM of All-Time?

3. What is the sport you are most passionate about outside of hockey? 

2 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

1. If you could interview one VHL member, who would it be and why?

2. Who do you think should be considered as the greatest VHL GM of All-Time?

3. What is the sport you are most passionate about outside of hockey? 

1. Would probably be Bana I think he's one of the biggest names in the league and a great GM.

2. In my time here it surely has to be Bana he had the dynasty of the late 60s early 70s. Seem to have a pretty competitive team during the meta era without really going full in on the meta. 

3. Cricket and Australian Rules Football.

Q1. Do you think your player could play well at any other sport.

Q2. Do you think there should be a golf Sim instead of a lotto tournament for players out of playoffs 

Q3. What athlete from another sport do you think would be a great vhler

Q1. Do you think your player could play well at any other sport.

Kronchy is obviously very talented and could do many other sports.  They were the best, and won many individual awards at all sports they played growing up.  NO, their families money and influence WERE NOT involved in that happening.

Q2. Do you think there should be a golf Sim instead of a lotto tournament for players out of playoffs 

Ohh like the golf sim would help determine the draft order.  I'm for it!  Every player will play and each person depending on where they finish increases or decreases the odds.

Q3. What athlete from another sport do you think would be a great vhler

Maybe Gronk?  Just skate around and body fools for now reason.  Seems like something he would do.

Questions

Do you get bored during the off season or is it a good time for you to recharge?

Who do you think will be selected #1 in the upcoming VHL draft?

Its very early, but do you think there will be any big shake ups in the standings next season?

1. Somewhat, but more of the latter. It’s nice to have a bit of time off to reset and prepare for the new season.

2. I’m going to say Jacob Stone, with the significant TPE lead and the fact that they’re a defender. 
3. Nothing major to be honest, but London will do some serious damage. 

1. What Continental Cup team was the best of the last 5-10 seasons?

2. Favorite TV series?

3. Just for fun, what would a Connor McDavid trade package look like, in your opinion?

54 minutes ago, JB123 said:

2. Favorite TV series?

3. Just for fun, what would a Connor McDavid trade package look like, in your opinion?

1. Obviously gonna say the Vancouver Meta Wolves, the cups speak for themselves.

2. I really liked Money Heist but I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of other ones I've liked.

3. Something massive like that russell wilson trade to denver.

1. What team do you think will have the busiest offseason?

2. What's one Ice cream flavor that should be eliminated from existence?

3. Is it really @badcolethetitan's fault?

Edited by N0HBDY

51 minutes ago, JB123 said:

1. Somewhat, but more of the latter. It’s nice to have a bit of time off to reset and prepare for the new season.

2. I’m going to say Jacob Stone, with the significant TPE lead and the fact that they’re a defender. 
3. Nothing major to be honest, but London will do some serious damage. 

2. Favorite TV series?

1. S83 Seattle Bears. After joining the roster that pre season, the atmosphere of that team was electric in the LR and in sims. Was such a fun experience.

2. Don’t really have a favourite but I liked That 70’s Show a lot.

3. Connor McDavid would have to be worth atleast 10 1st round draft picks. There’s no way a guy can make anyone on skates look silly and not be worth that much.

1. If you’ve ever won an award in the VHL which one was your favourite? If you haven’t then which award would you want to win?

2. What’s your favourite hockey team? Why did you choose them?

3. Lottery winning ticket in your hands, what is the first thing you buy?

1. I would like to win the Elmebeck because I'm a top guy.

2. Slovan Bratislava - family ties

3. I think some property. Or a holiday.

1. Do you have easter eggs in your country?

2. Run me through your dream vacation

3. What expectations do you have for your VHL player next season?

1. Yes we do Easter eggs here in Canada. Used to have fun hunting them down on Easter as a kid, now I just like eating the Cadbury creme eggs

2. There are so many places I'd love to go. Cuba again, I'd love to visit Costa Rica and all the eco stuff there. Probably my dream vacation would be to visit Europe and visit some of it's oldest sights. The Colosseum, Stonehenge, Acropolis, then maybe dip down south out of Europe and hit up the pyraminds in Egypt. I just really like some of the old stuff there is around.

3. Will be my first season in the VHLM, I just hope to be productive, more so than I am in the junior tournament right now :(

1. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?

2. What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

3. What is one thing you will never do again?

1 hour ago, nerji said:

1. Yes we do Easter eggs here in Canada. Used to have fun hunting them down on Easter as a kid, now I just like eating the Cadbury creme eggs

2. There are so many places I'd love to go. Cuba again, I'd love to visit Costa Rica and all the eco stuff there. Probably my dream vacation would be to visit Europe and visit some of it's oldest sights. The Colosseum, Stonehenge, Acropolis, then maybe dip down south out of Europe and hit up the pyraminds in Egypt. I just really like some of the old stuff there is around.

3. Will be my first season in the VHLM, I just hope to be productive, more so than I am in the junior tournament right now :(

1. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?

2. What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

3. What is one thing you will never do again?

1. Lame answer, but the Beatles, I think I would drop some acid with John and cook up some crazy tracks.

2. Going up to our cottage in the Haliburton highlands ♥️ used to go up every major holiday, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving. Don't get to go up there as much now that I'm away for school.

3. Skip out on math homework. Man I'm about to fail this math course and it is so hard to catch up if you fall behind.

Questions;

1. What is your dream place to live? city, country, style of house, etc.

2. What kind of gimmick would your restaurant if you owned one? Like the Jungle Cafe 😂

3. What did you go to school for or what do you want to go to school for? If you want to/did go at all.

20 minutes ago, RJMW said:

1. Lame answer, but the Beatles, I think I would drop some acid with John and cook up some crazy tracks.

2. Going up to our cottage in the Haliburton highlands ♥️ used to go up every major holiday, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving. Don't get to go up there as much now that I'm away for school.

3. Skip out on math homework. Man I'm about to fail this math course and it is so hard to catch up if you fall behind.

Questions;

1. What is your dream place to live? city, country, style of house, etc.

2. What kind of gimmick would your restaurant if you owned one? Like the Jungle Cafe 😂

3. What did you go to school for or what do you want to go to school for? If you want to/did go at all.

1. My dream place to live would be in a beautiful lakeside cabin just outside of Vancouver, Canada. I've always loved the combination of nature and city life that Vancouver offers. The cabin would be spacious yet cozy, with large windows to let in natural light and a wraparound porch to enjoy the breathtaking views of the lake and mountains.

2. If I owned a restaurant, I would create a hockey-themed dining experience called "The Power Play Café." The interior would resemble an ice rink, complete with a synthetic ice floor, and the walls would be adorned with memorabilia from hockey legends. The menu would feature delicious comfort food inspired by famous hockey cities, and there would be large screens to watch live games and highlights.

3. Although my primary focus has always been on my hockey career, I value education and believe it's essential to have a well-rounded life. I attended college for a degree in Sports Management, which I believe would be beneficial for my future career in the hockey

Questions

1. What are some effective ways to maintain a healthy work-life balance, especially for individuals with demanding careers?

2. How has technology impacted the way people connect and communicate with each other, both positively and negatively?

3. What's your go-to comfort food after a long day?

1. What are some effective ways to maintain a healthy work-life balance, especially for individuals with demanding careers?

Staying active, and staying busy makes everything meaningful and faster. 

2. How has technology impacted the way people connect and communicate with each other, both positively and negatively?

its way easier to communicate overall, but the cons are hate you might get.

probably pizza

1. How did you feel about the outcome of the finals?

2. Are you under contract this season? If so, how do you feel about your teams chances? If not, who do you want to sign to?

3. Are you excited for the upcoming draft? How do you think it will go?

On 3/20/2023 at 3:05 PM, MetalToday said:

Staying active, and staying busy makes everything meaningful and faster. 

its way easier to communicate overall, but the cons are hate you might get.

probably pizza

1. How did you feel about the outcome of the finals?

2. Are you under contract this season? If so, how do you feel about your teams chances? If not, who do you want to sign to?

3. Are you excited for the upcoming draft? How do you think it will go?

1. Amazing!! wranglers fans and everyone involved deserved that win for a long time!

2. Just re-signed with Helsinki! I’m happy with how our team is going to progress moving forward!

3. Somewhat! Don’t love how the lottery system works so that puts a damper on the whole event!

questions: 

1. Go to show right now?

2. How many siblings do you have?

3. if you could meet one person in real life who would it be?

21 hours ago, tinafrombobsburgers said:

1. Amazing!! wranglers fans and everyone involved deserved that win for a long time!

2. Just re-signed with Helsinki! I’m happy with how our team is going to progress moving forward!

3. Somewhat! Don’t love how the lottery system works so that puts a damper on the whole event!

questions: 

1. Go to show right now?

2. How many siblings do you have?

3. if you could meet one person in real life who would it be?

1. Sure why not? Got nothing better to do.

2. 2 Brothers

3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

1. What's for dinner?

2. If there was one place in the world you could go to, where would it be?

3. Favorite part of the VHL?

45 minutes ago, nasbase said:

1. Sure why not? Got nothing better to do.

2. 2 Brothers

3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

1. What's for dinner?

2. If there was one place in the world you could go to, where would it be?

3. Favorite part of the VHL?

1, Left-over fried chicken. With just me and my wife, buying a "family meal" means we have dinner for 3 or 4 days.
2. Oh wow, pick jut one? Hm, we are planning on taking a 20 day cruise through the Panama Canal, so yea, I would like to be there. But in all honesty, that list would be VERY long.
3. I like 2 parts actually, getting to know people and as hocky as it sounds, I like to write.

My questions...
1. Do you actually follow hockey or is it just a VHL thing?
2. Meal of a lifetime, what is it?
3. 7th game of the World Series, the Super Bowl, 7th game of the Stanley Cup or World Cup final?

My questions...
1. Do you actually follow hockey or is it just a VHL thing?
2. Meal of a lifetime, what is it?
3. 7th game of the World Series, the Super Bowl, 7th game of the Stanley Cup or World Cup final

1. I follow hockey I love it. I play and watch hockey. 

2. Most likely a poutine with an ice tea.

3. game seven of the Stanley cup. 

Questions 

Q1) would you rather football or hockey? 
Q2) What was the best tv show when you were younger?  

Q3) What was your favourite shoe brand? 

If we're talking what is referred to in America as football, then football. If we're talking about what is referred to in Europe as football, then also football

When I was younger I would probably have to go with Pokemon and Robot Wars

I've never really been much for shoes, but when it came to football boots, I'd say Nike.

---------------------------

1) Lots of trades happened within the last week, which one (across any of the 3 leagues) stood out the most to you?

2) Would you ever want to be a GM in the VHL? (If you're currently one, answer instead how long do you see yourself being a GM for?)

3) Which country do you think is currently producing the best hockey talent? 

On 3/24/2023 at 10:09 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

If we're talking what is referred to in America as football, then football. If we're talking about what is referred to in Europe as football, then also football

When I was younger I would probably have to go with Pokemon and Robot Wars

I've never really been much for shoes, but when it came to football boots, I'd say Nike.

---------------------------

1) Lots of trades happened within the last week, which one (across any of the 3 leagues) stood out the most to you?

2) Would you ever want to be a GM in the VHL? (If you're currently one, answer instead how long do you see yourself being a GM for?)

My Answers to the questions above:

A. This one!

A. I don't think I will ever have time to be a GM. I'm not great at number crunching so I will just stick to my player for now!

A. I may be biased but Canada of course! It is where I am from so I have to stay loyal.

-------

Questions for the next person up!

1) Looking back at your VHL experience is there anything you'd do differently?

2) Is there one TPE task you enjoy doing more than others?

3) Is there a favorite book or book series you enjoy?