Jardy's Hecking Podcast, Episode 9: Selecting S80 WJC GMs and Other Nonsense

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

I use the Australian word several times among my usual antics.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Hecking-Podcast--Episode-9-Selecting-S80-WJC-GMs-and-Other-Nonsense-e19fcuh

Intro/Outro song is Home by Medasin

Today's episode was a doozie! Here's some stuff I do:

- Shaming @N0HBDY and fucking around on Audacity. Things get spooky for a minute.

- Give relatively brief thoughts on the state of the VHLM

- Get through the ol' questions thread

- Make the absolutely official hirings for the World Junior Championship GMs! Congrats to the five I chose, listen to find out who got it ;)

Special thanks to @N0HBDY for the intro and question, and also to @Tate for his wonderful questions!

Mentions:

@Horcrux @FireballSalad @rory @Kisslinger @ajwllmsn @ThatsGreissy @Agito @Alexandre @Jamomayo @Thunderidge @Matt thunder @Domino @Baby Boomer @Brewins15

Edited by JardyB10

8 minutes ago, Kisslinger said:

Ahahah, the reason i haven’t applied for any AGM jobs is because I’m already an AGM for Stockholm!😝 great podcast so far. 

Ah shit I missed that, hahaha. That's what on the fly "research" gets you 😛. Thanks for tuning in!

Thanks for the kind words. @JardyB10 Just a few things. 

I'm a female she/her haha. 

But thanks for the support. Just some ideas I had floating around in my head. 💪

Edited by Horcrux

36 minutes ago, Horcrux said:

Thanks for the kind words. @JardyB10 Just a few things. 

I'm a female she/her haha. 

But thanks for the support. Just some ideas I had floating around in my head. 💪

Yeah I realized that about halfway through the podcast (I think around the time when I started going through WJC applications) and hard course corrected to calling everyone else "they" 😅. I probably said as much at the time, but apologies for the error!

Just now, JardyB10 said:

Yeah I realized that about halfway through the podcast (I think around the time when I started going through WJC applications) and hard course corrected to calling everyone else "they" 😅. I probably said as much at the time, but apologies for the error!

It's all good. Thanks for apologizing haha. 

Overall great podcast crystal clear sound. One day ill have to count the curse words

warning: spoilers for this podcast

Spoiler

i'm a post-whore :D

but really, thank you for the nomination! good luck to everybody who's applying, but i got picked in the JardyB10 wjc gm hirings. i like that.

Edited by Domino

Instead of graphics, I took the time to actually sit down and listen to a podcast to review. Overall, very informative of the new players joining and I could see why people would want the info so as to maybe pick up someone who may have gone unnoticed on the forum (doubt that ever happens). My only real advice would be to focus less on filling for time and just speak your thoughts! You seem to form some very well-thought out opinions and you explain them rather thoroughly and you tend to stop yourself to check how much time you've talked. I would just rather hear your whole thought! 10/10!

12 hours ago, Vice said:

Instead of graphics, I took the time to actually sit down and listen to a podcast to review. Overall, very informative of the new players joining and I could see why people would want the info so as to maybe pick up someone who may have gone unnoticed on the forum (doubt that ever happens). My only real advice would be to focus less on filling for time and just speak your thoughts! You seem to form some very well-thought out opinions and you explain them rather thoroughly and you tend to stop yourself to check how much time you've talked. I would just rather hear your whole thought! 10/10!

Thanks for the listen and review! I do that for a couple reasons, one being that I don't know how much people appreciate long podcasts, the other being that when I'm going on a bit of a tirade like that I do kind of forget what I'm actually talking about and what I have talked about 😛

Hey there @JardyB10, thanks for talking about me in your podcast, I am finally becoming someone in the VHL lol, thank you for your words and for giving me a spot.

Keep it up mate.

P.S lately I haven't been that much active because of school, lot of test lately, but hey I am still standing.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:38 AM, Matt thunder said:

Hey there @JardyB10, thanks for talking about me in your podcast, I am finally becoming someone in the VHL lol, thank you for your words and for giving me a spot.

Keep it up mate.

P.S lately I haven't been that much active because of school, lot of test lately, but hey I am still standing.

You’re welcome, and thanks for listening! Though I should clarify that I am no one of importance and this TECHNICALLY is unofficial and just my opinion. But it is also correct, so it’s something!