DAV/CGY ; S39 off-season

CoachReilly

While you were inactive, which was better for everyone.

Didn't you chastise me just two days ago for saying I would sit a player on the bench, even if they went inactive to prove a point - for not caring about the leagues members and their activity level?

Seems a bit hypocritical. Streetlight doesn't count in that statement?

Didn't you chastise me just two days ago for saying I would sit a player on the bench, even if they went inactive to prove a point - for not caring about the leagues members and their activity level?

Seems a bit hypocritical. Streetlight doesn't count in that statement?

I'm not a GM, that was a Football league you were referring too as well. Naw he doesn't count haha

I'm not a GM, that was a Football league you were referring too as well. Naw he doesn't count haha

It wasn't a football league, unless the VHL is football. I was directly referring to you and Green refusing to play for certain teams. My argument was that I would draft you anyway (if I felt you had the best value over the next guys in line) - you could hold out, but I'd take you to arbitration for 2 seasons, and I'd sit you on the bench until I got fair trade value for you, rather than give you your way like a spoiled child. My comparison was to a football league - because I did just that with a player who was negotiating a free agent deal while under contract with my team. 

M: sure, but he'd sit on my bench for 2 seasons and learn his lesson if that was the case.

Because arbitration is always 2 seasons

K: he'd leave the league
even more screwing yourself over

M: That's fine
That's a win for me

K: how so?
you made someone leave the league?
well down (I think you meant done)
glad you think about activity and growth

While you were inactive, which was better for everyone.

So - glad you think about activity and growth. 

The point here, is not wether or not someone should agree with my method - but that you came at me as your defense against it, saying that I wasn't thinking about league activity and growth and that was the fault. What's your reasoning for being a hypocrite in this situation? You don't like Streetlight, therefore he isn't a vital person to keep active? 

Could the same be said about you? It seems your meter for who is important to keep is only directly related to who you like as a member. Seems like a shitty system.

It wasn't a football league, unless the VHL is football. I was directly referring to you and Green refusing to play for certain teams. My argument was that I would draft you anyway (if I felt you had the best value over the next guys in line) - you could hold out, but I'd take you to arbitration for 2 seasons, and I'd sit you on the bench until I got fair trade value for you, rather than give you your way like a spoiled child. My comparison was to a football league - because I did just that with a player who was negotiating a free agent deal while under contract with my team. 

M: sure, but he'd sit on my bench for 2 seasons and learn his lesson if that was the case.

Because arbitration is always 2 seasons

K: he'd leave the league
even more screwing yourself over

M: That's fine
That's a win for me

K: how so?
you made someone leave the league?
well down (I think you meant done)
glad you think about activity and growth

So - glad you think about activity and growth. 

The point here, is not wether or not someone should agree with my method - but that you came at me as your defense against it, saying that I wasn't thinking about league activity and growth and that was the fault. What's your reasoning for being a hypocrite in this situation? You don't like Streetlight, therefore he isn't a vital person to keep active? 

Could the same be said about you? It seems your meter for who is important to keep is only directly related to who you like as a member. Seems like a shitty system.

"The point here, is not wether" (I think you meant "whether")

Well it's not secret I've had my run-ins with Streetlight. He'd rather see me leave and I'd rather see him leave. Glad you got into it though. You came to me in chat just to argue though, and I was having none of it. Who is important to keep? Since when did we get into a purge? Jason makes comments about value and trades all the time, maybe not to the extent of Mike but he does.

Well it's not secret I've had my run-ins with Streetlight. He'd rather see me leave and I'd rather see him leave. Glad you got into it though. You came to me in chat just to argue though, and I was having none of it. Who is important to keep? Since when did we get into a purge? Jason makes comments about value and trades all the time, maybe not to the extent of Mike but he does.

Yeah, you'd rather I were gone and I'd rather you were gone, but I wouldn't say it would be better for the league if you were gone. You say it was better when I was inactive, and I disagree. I'd wager that the vast majority of the league agrees with me. You don't decide what is best for everyone else.

And that link that I posted has literally every reply that Jason has made to threads in the Trades forum. Granted, he could be posting his opinions elsewhere, but you earlier said to look in the trade threads. So I did. Results did not support your accusations. And besides, what's wrong with commenting on trades? That's called activity, and it's good for the league.

It's obvious that Encarnacion is in charge of trades!

It was always going to take a lot to get a player with the PIM potential of Yumalapotino, the Season 38 PIM Champion. In truth, we tried to get around 200 of Davos PIMs in the trade in addition to Yumalapotino, but in the end we were happy to be offered Landry instead. 

Wait what I only hijack trade threads when I was part of a trade that went to another team.

• Admin

It was always going to take a lot to get a player with the PIM potential of Yumalapotino, the Season 38 PIM Champion. In truth, we tried to get around 200 of Davos PIMs in the trade in addition to Yumalapotino, but in the end we were happy to be offered Landry instead.

Did you not see my playoff performance?! I realise it's a small sample size but come on! What's an honest English defenceman got to do these days to be recognised?