DAV/CGY ; S39 off-season

CoachReilly

• Admin

The end of an era for good. Thomas Landry, the captain worth every single one of those 2nd round picks given up. And the 1st too. Definitely the face of the davatar era. Or the soul I guess, Ser Davos Seaworth was the face.

And I love Calgary, but have to feel we're getting a tad much in this trade.

Yuma is signed already so we get a hugely active and good player for the rest of his career, who himself is probably worth the 1st and half of another 1st. Landry is only a rental, which I'm generally not fond of rentals, but he has to be good for a half a 1st. I just don't see how this price is high if a guy like Janssen with only 2 seasons left can go for picks that should be better.

5th in this draft > 8th in the same.

13th s40 > cgy 1st s42 considering we will still be good s41 going into s42's draft.

Price is not high and I will hear none of it.

I got scared for a second this was Bentley, everything is alright now though. But I dont think I would of traded for a guy that left in FA the season before but I guess this means Calgary is somewhat of a true contender? I dont if there as good as a team like New York but..

Yuma is signed already so we get a hugely active and good player for the rest of his career, who himself is probably worth the 1st and half of another 1st. Landry is only a rental, which I'm generally not fond of rentals, but he has to be good for a half a 1st. I just don't see how this price is high if a guy like Janssen with only 2 seasons left can go for picks that should be better.

5th in this draft > 8th in the same.

13th s40 > cgy 1st s42 considering we will still be good s41 going into s42's draft.

Price is not high and I will hear none of it.

don't listen to them, they're just jelly

Such a bittersweet moment tonight. It hurts to leave Davos, but business is what matters in the VHL. Our run is simply over, and there is no way around it. As much as I wish to stay, I am doing more for Davos' future by being a trading piece. My time with Davos has been memorable to say the least, but unfortunately it must come to an end. Thank you to Victor Alfredsson for believing in me, I just hope I did enough for him and Davos in my time here.

However, I look forward to using my last season in the VHL to help bring greatness back to the Calgary Wranglers. I'm excited to get to work with Tony Stark and Martin Brookside again and the thought of sharing a locker room with Travis Boychuk and Edwin Encarnacion is something I very much look forward to. I can't wait to get to Calgary and get to work with you guys!

Edited by Doomsday