Vasteras Skin

sterling

Love the new skin, nice wok guys :)

Just hypothetically speaking, how much work would it be to actually have team-themed skins? I think it would be pretty cool if members could actually have a skin that's based on the team there are actually on, as long as it's no issue in terms of bandwith etc. Of course everyone would still have the chance to switch to another skin if he likes that one better. I don't think it would be that much work since you would only have to change the colors on the logo and the skin itself (please correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm sure the graphics people would be happy to help with it. Thoughts?

• Commissioner

I haven't looked at the skin on my iMac yet but if it looks like that shitty version at 1080 than someone really fucked up.

Skins should always be built for larger resolutions since things will always scale down fine AND should never use set pixel amounts (use percentages) so that it scales properly. The answer can't be to tell the people with better monitors to just zoom in.

• Commissioner

I think this skin definitely needs some work (suggestions below) but people also need to understand that there’s no magic button that will turn Boubabi’s photoshop mockup into a skin. It takes quite a bit of work and even that thing does need some tweaks IMO.

As for this one, I think the main problem is trying to keep the board as a light skin (likely because it always has been) while working with a dark palette. There’s no good way to make a Black and Gold colour scheme work with a white board, it just won’t happen.

With that said, I could be just bitching early and that’s coming. Definitely more work is needed though, especially on larger (read: proper) resolutions.

It looks to me like the banner is hitting the content wall, same as the forum does. When I go full screen the content area for the forum only reaches a certain point - limiting it and the banner. It doesn't seem like the forum itself supports a wider format, nor do I think it necessarily should. The banner would look strange if it were wider than the forum imo.

I agree with TGF, the skin should be a dark base. 

I think this skin definitely needs some work (suggestions below) but people also need to understand that there’s no magic button that will turn Boubabi’s photoshop mockup into a skin. It takes quite a bit of work and even that thing does need some tweaks IMO.

As for this one, I think the main problem is trying to keep the board as a light skin (likely because it always has been) while working with a dark palette. There’s no good way to make a Black and Gold colour scheme work with a white board, it just won’t happen.

With that said, I could be just bitching early and that’s coming. Definitely more work is needed though, especially on larger (read: proper) resolutions.

everything in my mock up is pretty simple though.

• Commissioner

Even if the mockup is simple, IPB skin coding is a combination of like six languages and makes you want to gouge your eyeballs out

Agreed.

I skinned IF for years and know it left right and center but coding this is really weird for some reason.