How the standings will look like at the end of the season in the VHLE

Baby Boomer

Welcome everyone,

I know that the season is already well underway, but I still wanted to make my own prediction of what the VHLE’s standings will look like at the end of the season. In this media spot, I will look at each team and predict where they will end the season.

Stockholm Vikings stockholm_icon.png @twists

Current: 1st

Projected: 1st

If you look at the Vikings roster, they certainly don’t have the best one. However, on the ice they play like the best team in the league and their record of 16 wins in 22 games shows just that. They are carried by their first line composed of Don Aven @Novanod, John Richards @John Cimarno and Logan Foley @WildfireMicro that respectively have 31, 30 and 22 points. Aven and Richards are both leading the league for the number of points. Even if on paper Stockholm’s defense looks a little weak, they can count on one of the best goalies in the league since the start of the season in Travis Clark @ClarkClanT. Clark leads the league in the save percentage (0.944) and is third for the GAA (2.07).

Rome Gladiators rome_icon.png @Baby Boomer

Current: 3rd

Projected: 2nd (not biased at all)

The Rome Gladiators are not having the start to the season they expected and are sitting in 3rd place in the standings. On paper, the Gladiators are probably the best team in the league and now they only need to show it on the ice. Their forwards core led by the captain BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson @JardyB10 and his assistants Hannibal Barca @DreMin15 and Francesco Mancini @GioSivo is one of the best if not the best in the league. The only weakness we can notice on the team is probably the lack of depth defenseman that can help Bobby Bob in their own zone. In the net the team has Matthew McCagg @Jack kidd who is currently doing a really good job.

Cologne Express cologne_icon.png @leandrofg

Current: 4th

Projected: 3rd

The defending champion of the Renaissance Cup lost a couple of players who moved up in the VHL, but their roster is still looking really good, especially their defenseman core that is probably the best in the league led by Harkat Mulds @hylands, Michael Shotter @TacocaT9 and Justin Lion @Emperor_Fun in the net. The group of forwards is not exceptional, but they still have players that won the Cup with the team last season that are back like Damian Steele @73MPL4R and Lorenzo Cobberson @Hendrix Cobberson. There is also Al Land @Big Dee who was on the team two seasons ago when they broke the record for the best regular season in the history of the VHLE.

Geneva Rush GEN-square.png @MexicanCow123

Current: 2nd

Projected: 4th

When you look at Geneva’s roster, it does not look like the second-best team in the league, but when you addition the performances of some players on the team, you have yourself a very competitive team. Indeed, the first line composed of Jasper Davis @Josh, Maxwell Mathias @Underclass_Hero and Kobe Johnson @Vkobe-v is the best line in the league now. In the net, they have the rookie Merome Dilson @MexicanCow123 who is showing great thing since the start of the season. If he continues like that, he will certainly be in the talks for the Orian D H Chiester IX Trophy awarded to the best goalie of the regular season.

Istanbul Red Wolves istanbul_icon.png @Masu Chan

Current: 6th

Projected: 5th

On paper, the Istanbul Red Wolves have one of the best rosters in league, but they are clearly not showing that on the ice. Indeed, the Red Wolves are currently sitting in 6th place in the standings, and nothing is showing that they will improve after their seventh losses in the last eight games. However, Istanbul has the second-best defensive group in the league and two good goalies that can help them turn this season around fight for a place in the playoffs. Indeed, Mark Calaway @Beketov is leading the defenseman for the number of points and is fourth in the league in the same category.

Oslo Storm OSL-square_WfNsOai.png @JB123

Current: 5th

Projected: 6th

After taking part in the last three Renaissance Cup finals, the best days of the Oslo Storm are behind them. However, the team accustomed us to have teams that are not the best on paper and during the regular season, but also that surprise us when the playoffs come. Oslo is probably a little bit below the middle of the league in all the positions, but they can still count on great players in offense like Keno Akara @Keno and in defense like Admir Bala @Tyler. They also claimed George Sanderson @SpicyGecko as a free agent, a new defenseman that will come help solidified the team in their own zone.

Vasteras Iron Eagles vasteras_icon.png @Lemorse7

Current: 8th

Projected: 7th

The only thing I can say about the start to the season of the Vasteras Iron Eagles is very disappointing. Indeed, the roster of the Iron Eagles really does not look bad, and they certainly do not have one of a team who is last in the league. Even if it is not the best in the league, the offense of the team is still composed of good players such as Sebastien Dokis @Sebastien, Keita Kourou @woog and Vinny Lecavalier @Spartakiller2. However, the problem of this team is their defense and their goalie. When you only have three defenseman and none of them can be on the top pair of a winning team, you have a problem.

Bratislava Watchmen bratislava_icon.png @UnknownMinion

Current: 7th

Projected: 8th

I don’t think there is much to say here. After being a consistent good team for the past seasons, the Bratislava Watchmen entered a rebuild last season and they are still in the middle of it. They have a lot of players on their roster that they claimed at the end of the free agent period, so they are not going to be as bad as the Gladiators last year, but they will not be good. The Watchmen will certainly surprise some teams this season, but I don’t think that can do much more than that with the roster they have.

Thanks everyone for reading all of this. This is my opinion and as you can see, I am clearly biased, so you don’t have to agree lol, but that is the only thing you can do about it sorry.

1025 words