AI and Point Tasks

v.2

6 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I mean we can only use free web tools unless the league wants to invest in a forum add-on. But yes, I imagine the burden will likely fall onto the graphic maker to supply proof.

All good, figured I would inquire.  None of us are experts in AI as far as I know so we can all stumble forward in the dark together.

4 minutes ago, Steve said:

I upscale all the time. I don't think the issue is using programs that enhance an image but one that creates it in the first place. I save all my files but I don't think many ppl think my content is generated. 

Yes, but depending on the detection tools I was curious if it would flag regardless.  Same with writing something and sending it through an AI.  It will enhance what you wrote but would that be detected, likely.

Edited by Triller

28 minutes ago, Triller said:

Yes, but depending on the detection tools I was curious if it would flag regardless.  Same with writing something and sending it through an AI.  It will enhance what you wrote but would that be detected, likely.

I really don't like where AI is headed. It has ruined a few content creators that I know who used to be fantastic at photomanipulation but are all into AI now. I refuse to go down that rabbit hole. I enjoy making graphics too much to just enter enough prompts until you get something you want. I didn't even know there was a AI that writes shit for you. Seems like the prompts for that would take as long as just doing the task. 

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, hylands said:

gonna start streaming all of my point tasks for verification 💯

Hey if simmers have to do it :P

Also just to mention it to quell some of the GFX questions in here: Yeah if you use AI to generate like an image of a player instead of finding an NHL player image or something that's fine so one as you put the regular amount of work in after. At that point you're just using a "fake" image instead of a real one which is fine in my books. You will just need to have proof of the original image and what you did in case an updater asks which they might with how obvious some AI ends up looking.

20 minutes ago, Steve said:

I really don't like where AI is headed. It has ruined a few content creators that I know who used to be fantastic at photomanipulation but are all into AI now. I refuse to go down that rabbit hole. I enjoy making graphics too much to just enter enough prompts until you get something you want. I didn't even know there was a AI that writes shit for you. Seems like the prompts for that would take as long as just doing the task. 

It is inevitable regardless.  My industry will have almost all areas taken over in the next 5 years so I need to know what I am dealing with and how to pivot and find those hard to replace positions.  It will never replace what you do personally but professionally you can't avoid it.  Chat GPT is a basic version of text generation and it could already replace a lot of positions.

3 minutes ago, Steve said:

I like you Triller even though you have an AI avatar..........MUHAHAHAHA

Lol I did change to one on Discord!  I love messing with different prompts to see what can be generated.  Future job might be an AI wrangler!  I just feed AI images and prompts for large film companies to generate the looks they want.

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, Triller said:

Lol I did change to one on Discord!  I love messing with different prompts to see what can be generated.  Future job might be an AI wrangler!  I just feed AI images and prompts for large film companies to generate the looks they want.

I was editing a comedy sketch this week that was meant to kinda emulate a cheesy government PSA with just slow zooms on photos right. To really emphasize the ridiculousness we decided to just AI generate the photos so I did that, got the 1024x1024 ones, and then ran them through photoshop to AI enlarge them. It worked surprisingly, and kinda terrifyingly, well.

So this was for "smoking kills"

IMG_0183.PNG

and this was for "don't eat ketchup chips on a white couch"

IMG_0184.PNG

Like it's obvious they are AI and there's definitely some weirdness to clean up (his hand and the clock especially) but they didn't take long to make at all and it was a cool proof of concept for the kind of stuff you can make if a bit of uncanny valley is fine.

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, Knight said:

So any form of AI assistance is strictly prohibited? 

In my mind it's a bit more nuanced than that, using it generate content from an idea is a no though. There's a difference between asking your friend to help with a question in your homework vs asking your friend to do your homework.

This is new territory for sim leagues to deal with and I'm sure they'll be more adjustments along the way.

3 hours ago, Garsh said:

Can I have an automated program click the pension and practice facility buttons?

I'm sure you could figure this one out in like 5 minutes with autohotkey. Don't count this as my blessing though lol.

47 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I was editing a comedy sketch this week that was meant to kinda emulate a cheesy government PSA with just slow zooms on photos right. To really emphasize the ridiculousness we decided to just AI generate the photos so I did that, got the 1024x1024 ones, and then ran them through photoshop to AI enlarge them. It worked surprisingly, and kinda terrifyingly, well.

So this was for "smoking kills"

IMG_0183.PNG

and this was for "don't eat ketchup chips on a white couch"

IMG_0184.PNG

Like it's obvious they are AI and there's definitely some weirdness to clean up (his hand and the clock especially) but they didn't take long to make at all and it was a cool proof of concept for the kind of stuff you can make if a bit of uncanny valley is fine.

Yeah this is really cool!  Obviously the possibilities are endless and for every person who is weary of this there is another who finally has a way to visualize their ideas.  Not everyone has that ability.  When this comes to 3D and I can describe a chair that would have taken me a few days to a week to model, UV and texture, that is when things get crazy!

Edited by Triller

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I'm sure you could figure this one out in like 5 minutes with autohotkey. Don't count this as my blessing though lol.

Thanks for having faith in me to figure it out 🥰

7 hours ago, Spartan said:

Not speaking for V.2, but there will never be a tool that can tell us that something is clearly based on AI or just a tool used for something smaller. I think we can always have these individual conversations on a person by person basis, but we can always investigate the graphics makers and ask them to send us raw files or original graphics to prove their individual efforts. There's no clear cut answer here and it'll be based on updater judgment to reach out and investigate.

Hey how does it feel to not be Head of PT?

43 minutes ago, twists said:

Also, can we just ban media spots? Nobody except maybe 3 people enjoy writing a weekly VHL essay

Speak for yourself... i do not enjoy creating graphics nor podcasting... i am disabled when it comes to gfx, have a radio face and a book voice...

4 hours ago, twists said:

Hey how does it feel to not be Head of PT?

Good, there's another voice in the process to help finalize updating decisions. I'm happy with the hire and already like the discussions had so far.