VHL New Year’s Resolutions - 2024

36 minutes ago, rory said:

Forums have been dying since before the league was created.

So untrue rory smh I thought you were TAPPED IN.  Forums and MSN messenger were POPPIN’ when this league started.  And it stayed that way for quite some time (well msn popularity transferred to Facebook lol)

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, v.2 said:

So untrue rory smh I thought you were TAPPED IN.  Forums and MSN messenger were POPPIN’ when this league started.  And it stayed that way for quite some time (well msn popularity transferred to Facebook lol)

Scotty on MSN kept me in the league so you all have him and MSN to thank (or maybe blame) for that…

I'm probably biased and not everyone might gravitate toward this but with S100 coming up, I would like to see (and perhaps spearhead) some more gathering and presentations (graphics, etc) of the league's statistical history whether it be more team-related (Top 10 stats per team, etc.) or what have you. I realize @Victor is God in the history realm but he is but one being and there are many possibilities (I love you, Victor). Also, I think adding more (accurate) history to the portal like the Retired jerseys would be great. VSN is planning some 100-related stories and I continue to work on the All-Decade Teams but (time-permitting), there is so much more we can do to make VHL's rich history more interesting and accessible.

• Admin
2 hours ago, rory said:

Forums have been dying since before the league was created. Are you that surprised that people don’t want to interact with a dying media form without there being any benefit?

I was just a click away from trying to google your age but then I remembered you don't have a wikipedia page.

That said, I assume you weren't particularly old in 2007.

Albeit it doesn't really matter how it used to be, I don't see why we care about where the league is interacted with.

13 minutes ago, Victor said:

I was just a click away from trying to google your age but then I remembered you don't have a wikipedia page.

That said, I assume you weren't particularly old in 2007.

Albeit it doesn't really matter how it used to be, I don't see why we care about where the league is interacted with.

Wicked insult dude, you got me! 

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

It wasn't an insult lol, it was more a comment on my clearly progressing senility, you need to stop looking for enemies.

Great input from the person who's been nothing but a dick to me for the past 3 years!

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, animal74 said:

Also, I think adding more (accurate) history to the portal like the Retired jerseys would be great.

That part’s easy, I already added them all.

• Admin
25 minutes ago, rory said:

Great input from the person who's been nothing but a dick to me for the past 3 years!

I've been inactive for the past 3 years g

4 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Yeah this is brought up from feedback we have gotten from members of the league. We don’t having “Griefing” as apart of our CoC but it is certainly worth a discussion about adding it. I firmly believe people are entitled to their opinions but are they constructive or is it as Spartan said “hur dur league bad” like I’ve seen many times as of late in Discord Gen Chat? This behaviour ruins the game experience for people and falls under Griefing. 

I liked this earlier but this is fair and I can agree with it. I did assume that it was mostly what you meant earlier but responded negatively mostly based on past experience—there have certainly been times when I’ve been completely fine with the reasons for doing something but not so fine with the ways that it’s done. In the case of adding stricter moderation, I’ve generally believed that new guidelines tend to bring about a lot of times when they’re enforced over harmless stuff, because, well, we’ve got our new guideline and we’d better put it to good use. I’m perfectly good with giving the green light to filtering out discouragement of new members, along with some of the being-inflammatory-against-individuals stuff that I’ve seen; I just also see a day where I say (for example) that I’m not a fan of the E and someone tells me I’m not allowed to do that. I’m sure everything will sort itself out in the long run; it’s just going to require intelligent discussion to implement in a way that isn’t restrictive of having real negative opinions that aren’t just tearing people down for the sake of it. 

I also wonder what’s stopping this from being a thing already. Wouldn’t it fall under our guidelines about trolling? I’m just confused why we would need a whole new rule rather than just a PSA to be nicer. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, animal74 said:

Yes, which is great and I love them and why I was using them as an example, not an ask! 😁

Ah, gotcha, I read it wrong. I plead that I was being dragged around a toy store by a toddler at the time..,

32 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I also wonder what’s stopping this from being a thing already. Wouldn’t it fall under our guidelines about trolling? I’m just confused why we would need a whole new rule rather than just a PSA to be nicer.

Absolutely, this something we are discussing as a team right now. The latter will be the likely outcome rather than a drastic change. It’ll be something we will have to use our discretion on to decide whether or not it’s bordering trolling/harassment or just playful bantering.

Either make the E gms do their job or get rid of the league altogether. I will never stop asking for the VHLE to fold until changes are made that actually make it good.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Grape said:

Either make the E gms do their job or get rid of the league altogether. I will never stop asking for the VHLE to fold until changes are made that actually make it good.

Could you elaborate on what they aren’t doing exactly?

Make the Main VHL Discord be an more open and connected space to the league:
Here are some of my suggestion

Press Box: Area for GMs to post offical statements from there team, and allowing you to roleplay as your player in a space where you can come up with small statements about sims, too small for a point tasks but still fun, who knows it may help players come up with ideas for PTs

Job Board: Its easy to miss Job application posts if you don't check the main site fast and often, and discord post are quickly lost, an real place for those links make sense, as they get posted there anyways, and then more people may apply for jobs!

Neutral VC's: All the Voice chats being named makes it hard to feel like you should joining, have one or two neutral VCs may create more activity.

Events: Inner leagues events, This takes a while and effort, but approved members of the league should be able to host event nights, games, watch party's, movie night, etc. Plus more treasure hunts for TPE on the forum its been done before and was fun. maybe two theme weeks a seasons, just more for engagement where the league actually feels connect and builds bonds

9 minutes ago, UnknownMinion said:

Press Box: Area for GMs to post offical statements from there team, and allowing you to roleplay as your player in a space where you can come up with small statements about sims, too small for a point tasks but still fun, who knows it may help players come up with ideas for PTs

I actually really like this one. I don't know how much participation we'd get on the player roleplay end, but to have a channel that would be about promoting your team/player (rather than just having a VHL discussion one, for example) could be really interesting if people got into it.

1 minute ago, Grape said:

Scouting, engaging with their players

engaging there players isn't fair, I gmed there for three season, and tried really hard to be engaging and what not, I belive everyone does a fantastic job for what I've seen, but feel free to be a gm there instead and show them what they are doing wrong 

23 minutes ago, UnknownMinion said:

engaging there players isn't fair, I gmed there for three season, and tried really hard to be engaging and what not, I belive everyone does a fantastic job for what I've seen, but feel free to be a gm there instead and show them what they are doing wrong 

I mean most if not all the gms are different from when you were a gm there. There's been alot of pushback with E gms and not scouting etc.

1 hour ago, UnknownMinion said:

Also 100% in favour of this, would be an amazing way for GMs to interact with the league!

26 minutes ago, samx said:

I mean most if not all the gms are different from when you were a gm there. There's been alot of pushback with E gms and not scouting etc.

Yes, but there’s other who have done fantastic work too, 

12 minutes ago, UnknownMinion said:

Yes, but there’s other who have done fantastic work too, 

I agree. Its never been everyone is absolute shit at their job but there have been slackers is all I'm saying.