End of the road for GM Frostbeard

Alrighty! 

Many have already been aware of this message coming, however, it is time it is fully open. 

At the end of the S95, I am stepping down as GM of D.C. Dragons and also stepping away from managing teams. 

S95 will be my 25th Season (With some gaps in between) of being a General Manager of some level in our great community. I couldn't be more thankful to everyone who was and is a person who I have had contact with as a GM. You all are amazing and have made these 25 seasons absolutely amazing. To give a bit of a perspective, as a GM, I have been with few different teams:

S66 I took up a role as a VHLM GM for Houston Bulls
S71 I took up the job of VHL GM for Malmo Nighthawks
S80 I became a VHLE GM for Bratislava Watchmen
S88 I returned to VHL to GM for D.C. Dragons

Throughout those times I have had unbelievable support from players and also have had great experiences with awesome GMs. Houston, Malmo and Bratislava will always make me think of @OrbitingDeath, @Elmebeck, @Erik Summers, @Edustava, @leandrofg, @Shindigs @Zetterberg, @samx, @hylands and of course many many more. Those individuals made my time in those leagues exciting, full with hope and energy. You all deserve massive praise. 

Though my time with Dragons will be special as it is my last as a GM. So, I would want to say a massive thanks to people who were awesome, supported the team and my vision and helped us achieve what we all wanted!

@OrbitingDeath - This is the second time I have mentioned you but I feel that your criticism against moves and decisions I made was intrumental in making me a better GM. Thank you.
@emidas - Loyalty is incredibly important and you were the one I and the team could always count on. 
@fishy - Even though we didn't manage to achieve the Cup together, you helped the team be what it needed to be and without you many things would not have been possible.
@dustywilson22 - I probably would have already stepped down if not for you and your positive and optimistic outlook towards future. You will remain as one of my proudest draft picks ever. 
@Beketov - Bringing you a cup after a long time was special and even though we couldn't extend out Cup window, you are a true class act and I am not sure a manager can ask for a better member to have on the team. 

@vincentlg2007 - You are an incredible individual and you were the player that jumpstarted our competitive window. Thank you for your dedication to D.C. Dragons!
@Keegan Gamble - A player with strong backbone throughout the push and a player that was always ready to slot in for the team no matter what their role was. A true team player. 
@diamond_ace - What an amazing individual you are, from my VHLM Commissioner to the player that I can always rely on!
@der meister - Making your build work was an incredibly amazing time for me and I will remember those lengthy conversations with you as long as I am around!

To my fellow GMs - you all are amazing and do tremendous work and I hope to see many grea things from all of you in the future!

With a bit of History here, I would want to say a massive thanks to 2 individuals specifically. Ones that I feel have been incredibly important for this journey and the fact that it even started. @BladeMaiden - even though many things have happened, without your push to apply and try, I would not have done this for 25 seasons. And @Banackock - your help, drive and excellence at everything you do was a strong and still remains a massive motivator from VSN to being a GM. Thank you both.

To my current players, I know that the league will find a brilliant replacement and a person who can take this team once again towards a Continental Cup!

That is it! 

Edited by FrostBeard

@FrostBeard what a career... nuff said. hats off from me... legend. my DMs are always open to you bc i genuinely have enjoyed every chat we've had... even if our interaction has been limited. (still amazes me some of the people i commonly talk to despite actually having no crossover any where in the VHL, but thats the beauty of this website i guess)

20 minutes ago, Victor said:

Cup winner with all 4 teams 👏

And from 3 Latvian GMs at one point to none 🥲

At least Drafts will no longer be a pain for some people xD

Legend! I hope you’re still sticking around the VHL in some capacity. Best voice in the VHL, I need to continue to hear frosty on streams and podcasts!

Congrats on a great career!