VHLM Hard/Soft Cap

boubabi

The way the VHLM works has been changed, so naturally so does the way it should be approached. IMO now the goal isn't to dominate, it's to prepare the user for the VHL and to accumulate what you can to succeed there. The reduced ability to dominate the VHLM makes staying there a less attractive option than moving up to thr VHL, which is the whole point of the VHLM.

This. Not a paragraph more, not a paragraph less.

McDavid didn't magically "absorb" Wayne Gretzky's talent (carryover TPE) upon Gretzky's retirement. He gained his own talent (TPE) through practice and hard work in Atom, Peewee, Bantam, Midget hockey.

Should we create those leagues too for a more full, realistic career?

I'd join that league

Hmm I actually see the benefit in what Rhinehart is saying. Whatever.

Although he's honestly the only person who brought a logical point against my Remove Inactives argument.

I feel like a VHLM Salary Cap could accomplish the same while also improving disparity and spread out the locker room love.

1) So he leads the league in points with 15 TPE because he's on a bad team? Why is his +/- also second best in the league?

2) No - per Victor, a VHLM FA can play 8 VHLM seasons at 175 TPE theoretically.

If you're capped at 175 TPE and you're salty about getting beat in production by a 15 TPE player maybe TPE isn't the problem and you just suck at this ?

• Senior Admin

If you're capped at 175 TPE and you're salty about getting beat in production by a 15 TPE player maybe TPE isn't the problem and you just suck at this ?

Let's not turn this into another flame thread. Up to this point this thread has been more than less a professional debate so there is no need to take jabs at people. 

Let's not turn this into another flame thread. Up to this point this thread has been more than less a professional debate so there is no need to take jabs at people. 

When you have 8-9 pages of someone repeating that someone with 15 TPE is beating him in scoring I'm not sure you understand that definition of "professional debate"

You take out the inactives and there's just gonna be Robots playing those positions and people will be even more salty that Robots are doing better than their players.

Edited by Lunaro

When you have 8-9 pages of someone repeating that someone with 15 TPE is beating him in scoring I'm not sure you understand that definition of "professional debate"

You take out the inactives and there's just gonna be Robots playing those positions and people will be even more salty that Robots are doing better than their players.

It's been pretty much "solved".

And I doubt people will be upset that AIM-11 is beating them because AIM is just awesome like that.

Have no cap on VHLM but just don't actually update the player attributes in the sim. Everyone plays at 0 TPE until they get to the VHL cuz no one cares about VHLM stats anyways

I feel like Gorlab and Jala would fight you for saying this.

This whole thing came up because a couple of players (Zoidberg, O'Malley, Richardson) got about 100 TPE from recruiting and triple predictions and inflated the shit out of their players after being in the VHLM.  Good on them, but that was due to yet another mistake on the BOG's part.

I just wanted to clarify about this. I didn't use any prediction modifiers and my only recruit prior to this past off-season was Jaime Hill hitting 5 TPE, so I didn't abuse that. ;)

I just wanted to clarify about this. I didn't use any prediction modifiers and my only recruit prior to this past off-season was Jaime Hill hitting 5 TPE, so I didn't abuse that. ;)

Yeah cuz all your abuse is done on Caillean's face

Robots are the future.  Embrace Aritifical Intelligence.

this is great stuff.  i don't know who lunaro is, but other than that, good stuff.

in response to whoever it is, my build is fine.  i just don't understand how it's feasible for someone with 0 TPE (actually has no attributes updated in the sim) to be leading the leading the league in points. please advise.

thx.

Edited by CoachReilly

So much wrong in this thread I must point out:

Really the VHLM should be more like the VHL with 6f, 4d, and 1g. No point in weirdly inflated rosters which bear little resemblance to the real deal.

Inactive FAs now are just one spot per team anyway.

Just one common misconception I want to point out. The reason it looks like teams have so many players is cause they just are filled with a lot of old 0 tpe or low tpe players who don't even play. Look at the lines of the past few cup winners
(The S40 Watchmen are the anomaly, and probably why you mention this as they did have an absurd amount of players)
Season 39 Ottawa Lynx - 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 1 G
Season 38 Yukon Rush - 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 1 G
Season 37 Yukon Rush - 6 forwards, 4 d, 1 G