The Professional Era Has Begun

Devise

*The following message is brought to you by the Professional Business Men*

Dear VHL,

For years you have been running around, playing your little "sim games" like a bunch of petty children. You have debated, engaged in childish acts of sarcastic insults. All to either amuse yourselves, or each other. Perhaps you enjoy the deep seated emotional release you get when you see your fake player do good in a fake sim. Perhaps that rage you feel when you see that your team lost in the Continental Cup finals is real. 

We aren't here to change you. We aren't here to run your life. No, think of us like life guidance counselors. For too long the charade that is the Victory Hockey League has been engaged in on a manner that most would consider anarchy. Sure you could argue that the Simulation Hockey League is like a bunch of 3 year old children in a room full of paste. Alas that is no excuse. Children we are not, minus Clinton Chevy of course. 

We are asking those with a straight mind and a strong will to stand up and become more. We are here to make this league professional. As it was truly meant to be. I would say resistance is futile, but really it's more that it is irrelevant. This will happen. We thank you for your time, and we hope that one day you can elevate yourself to be the difference maker we all know you can be.

Remember, stay professional!

Signed,

Mr. Ryan Power

Mr. Chris Miller 

Edited by Mr. Power

We ask all those who gather with us to follow on our mission.  We are the blocks that will rebuild this sanctuary to its final and most prolific form.  Those who want to walk in our boots and join our gleaming hands need not be concerned over our acceptance.

Remember, stay professional!

The bottle of lube in the bathroom.

Solved.

Your ability to quickly jump into a situation analyze all the possible outcomes and find the correct one is astounding. Have you ever thought of becoming a private investigator? The world could use your natural abilities at deduction and problem solving. 

Your ability to quickly jump into a situation analyze all the possible outcomes and find the correct one is astounding. Have you ever thought of becoming a private investigator? The world could use your natural abilities at deduction and problem solving. 

Sure, but you have to come pitch it in person. I started working at a Mall, you're free to come there while I am working.

I encourage all you fine young gentlemen and ladies to get on board with this. The future of the VHL is now and do not be one of those who will be left behind.

Your "Berger King" signature is quite unprofessional, if I do say so my self.

I am pleased to welcome our first convert. Mr. Jones, an overly gifted man joins the ranks of those who wish to think with rules and structure over anarchy and chaos.

For those wishing to convert, it isn't hard. First you need to open your mind the responsibilities that come with taking things with the unbiased objectivity of an adult. Then you need to change your avatar to represent a truly talented hockey play that has earned your favor. Of course as any true professional this player must be wearing a suit. Then you are able to display a badge, not of honor, but of the class that establishment brings. 

Kendrick, I would gladly visit you at any upstanding business establishment provided it operates under the business hours clearly regulated by the New York or Toronto Stock Exchange. After all, a gentlemen such as myself would never be caught in a shady business at the strange hour making some proposed "pitch" for something. However I do think Detective Kendrick has such a nice ring to it. 

Mr. Hickey is more professional than some "slang" influenced number generated "user tag" that you currently have. So certainly. The more that embrace the push towards maturity the less will weigh down this establishment. 

You say you are to be "life-guidance counselors", which begs the question, what experience do you have to consider yourself appropriate for that role? Why should I follow you? What makes you more professional than the next person? An avatar wearing a suit? Fancy words?

You also say that "We aren't here to change you" when that is exactly what you are here to do, you are here to change people into what you believe professionalism is, then you say that resistance is futile, and "this will happen". It sure doesn't sound as though you aren't here to change people. Maybe you could clarify.

Further, by saying "we hope that you can elevate yourself to be the difference maker we know you can be" you are implying that I am not already a difference maker, that I am not already elevated and the only way to do so is to follow the path you have set, which is the same as you saying that you are better than I am. Yet, you display no credentials.

There are many holes in your open letter.

Edited by Merica

You say you are to be "life-guidance counselors", which begs the question, what experience do you have to consider yourself appropriate for that role? Why should I follow you? What makes you more professional than the next person? An avatar wearing a suit? Fancy words?

You also say that "We aren't here to change you" when that is exactly what you are here to do, you are here to change people into what you believe professionalism is, then you say that resistance is futile, and "this will happen". It sure doesn't sound as though you aren't here to change people. Maybe you could clarify.

Further, by saying "we hope that you can elevate yourself to be the difference maker we know you can be" you are implying that I am not already a difference maker, that I am not already elevated and the only way to do so is to follow the path you have set, which is the same as you saying that you are better than I am. Yet, you display no credentials.

I'm not "legally" allowed to write out prescriptions to patients at the local doctors office, but that doesn't stop me. The doctors in the office do, but either way I consider my self "professional" enough for that role. I think Devise is qualified

device and advantage just got roasted :o