VHFL Alpha (S42 Playoffs)

Higgins

VHFL Alpha

Welcome to the first test run of the Victory Hockey Fantasy League (VHFL). The VHFL has been a pipe dream for some time in the VHL, but recently the Board of Governors as a whole has been discussing implementing a new VHL based fantasy league. Particularly, Romanes, Jaladolar, and Devise have been leading the way to make the VHFL a reality. After reading through all of their ideas, I've decided to create a 'bare-bones' version of the VHFL for the 'Alpha' version. I will be using this to gauge interest in the idea and to see how smoothly we can operate our very own fantasy league. If it is deemed successful, we will likely see a second test run, the VHFL Beta version, for Season 43.

With that said, VHFL Alpha will be a fantasy league based on the Season 42 Playoffs. A full list of VHFL Rules & FAQ is available and the rules are subject to change, due to this being the first version of the VHFL.

Points will be awarded for goals, assists, wins and shutouts.

Forward & Defensemen

Goal = 2 Points

Assist = 1 Point

Goaltenders

Win = 2 Points

Shutout = 2 Points

Here is a rundown of what YOU need to do to compete in the Victory Hockey Fantasy League:

1. Read the VHFL Rules & FAQ and ask any questions you have in this thread.

2. Select a full line up consisting of 3 Forwards, 2 Defensemen and 1 Goaltender in the S42 Playoffs. This full line up must not exceed a hard salary cap of $20,000,000 (20 million).

3. Use this spreadsheet, Available Player Database, to help you strategically choose your lineup.

4. When you have chosen your 3 Forwards, 2 Defensemen and 1 Goaltender, fill out the official template (found below). Make sure to include an answer to the tie-breaker question.

5. Private message your completed official template to VHLFantasy.

6. That's all, now get ready to do some statistic watching!

OFFICIAL TEMPLATE

[b]Username:[/b] Your Username
[b]Forward:[/b] Player Name (Salary)
[b]Defensemen:[/b] Player Name (Salary)
[b]Defensemen:[/b] Player Name (Salary)
[b]Goaltender:[/b] Player Name (Salary)

[b]Total Salary:[/b] Must be no more than 20 million
[b]Tie Breaker:[/b] Who will have the most points in the S42 VHLM Playoffs?

Grand Prizes

Champion = 7 TPE and VHFL Badge

Runner Up = 5 TPE

The remainder will receive at least 1 to 3 TPE for participating.

Important Links:
VHFL Rules & FAQ

Available Player Database

VHLFantasy PM

Any suggestions or questions?

This is very bare-bones and obviously will be running in Regular Seasons in the future, but I wanted to get a small test to see how popular and how much work it takes to run.

You should add a team in our choice.

Each team victory gives x pts. (edit : I see that the goaltender pretty much does that) 

and this highly favor goal scoring players, We should put a 1/1 ratio for offensive players and another ratio for defense men.

Edited by boubabi

I like the idea, I enjoyed the presence of this kind of PT in the football leagues, so look forward to this.

I would suggest that maybe there should be a cap on how many players can be picked from each team? This is very similar to how the EPL run their fantasy soccer leagues, and they limit you to picking three players from each team. I think something similar would certainly make sense in this playoff scenario, considering that players are going to end up playing a different number of games depending on their team's success. So without a player cap, it's maybe puts too much focus on "Which team do I think will play the most games?" instead of "Which players will pick up the most points?".

Edited by YEAH!

You should add a team in our choice.

Each team victory gives x pts. (edit : I see that the goaltender pretty much does that) 

and this highly favor goal scoring players, We should put a 1/1 ratio for offensive players and another ratio for defense men.

In 80% of NHL fantasy leagues out there, defensive players aren't on rosters. This is similar to that, so it will favour those offensive guys anyways.

It's just a run at how this will be received by you guys, there's other things we've suggested to help balance things out between defenders and two-way players to even things out and those will be looked at again. First, let's just have some teams be drafted and let you guys see how things play out.

The whole team is what you need to look at and don't worry too much about the disparity between forwards and defensemen.

The point of the salary cap is to force you to draft some lower players instead of just drafting all superstars.

• Admin

Just to be clear, is the salary cap EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN 20 million, or LESS THAN 20 million?

first. Like VHL (but with 32mil for VHL obvi).

Also Bentley a steal at 500k less than Draper.

P.S. Caprivi is a forward

Im only back home on sunday evening to do this. What is the deadline

Playoffs start Saturday I believe barring updates are done. Deadline is first sim of playoffs.