Matt Bentley retiring

Victor

• Admin

So with that, Matt Bentley has played his last VHL regular season game. The fight for a fourth championship beckons but it's been a pretty decent run regardless.

The usual high personal expectations mixed in with a healthy dose of Conner Low made parts of the career a bit meh but the first four seasons were alright when I knew he'd be average and these last two have been nice too. After all, I did make a defenceman for the good of Davos and Davos was good.

Don't think I'll be revisiting defence in the foreseeable future but I would recommend the position to anyone who wants to leave their mark on VHL history. It's a pretty shallow pool; if Matt Bentley can be a top 10-15 all-time defenceman then so can you!

I shall see you with my recreate at the S43 trade deadline.

:vhl::cheers:

:dav::que::nya:

• Admin

I did this at the end of Lars Berger's career in S24 (then with the added bonus of playing in an additional World Cup) before creating Chershenko at S25 deadline.

Jardy was so impressed that he did likewise between CAL G and Young. Now we have colluded to do so simultaneously. It's a nice refreshing break and is worth it.

Start stacking up those S45 picks.

Because he's S35 and doesn't have a choice. (Unless he also wants to fight the power.)

no, I get that, but he could be still gaining tpe during the playoff. I guess there's nothing special this off season but he could have been part in a super cup or a WC Edited by boubabi

• Admin

no, I get that, but he could be still gaining tpe during the playoff. I guess there's nothing special this off season but he could have been part in a super cup or a WC

well then I would haven't retired if there was a SC or WC coming up. :P

Any TPE I'd earn from now would never get updated in the sim.