General Football Discussion

Victor

Am not watching, but they did show the Mikel San Jose goal highlight in a break of Villa-Man Utd game. Although Ter Stegen is clearly on cocaine with that clearing header, it was an awesome strike.

Bilbao got away with sooooo much contact. Looked up the numbers though and I was shocked to see 74% possession by Barca.  Bilbao never gave Messi an inch and we're just clipping his ankles at all time.  Towing the line, but not crossing it I suppose.

all 4 goals were given away by Barca... they played really really poorly.  Ter Stergen was a goon.  their back line needs serious work.

fun stat: barca has given up as many goals in the past two matches as they did in their prior thirteen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Bayern gets out with a pretty weak draw. Arsenal being the strongest of the teams. No true group of death, however A, C and D are strong.

Juve, City, Sevilla, Gladbach is pretty deadly to me. I'm assuming that's one of the 3 you listed.

That said, I was looking at the teams out there before the draw and it's amazing how much quality there is. Are teams like Eindhoven, CSKA, and Shakhtar a given? Not even close. I'd say there's about 2-4 truly hopeless teams which is great in a tournament of 32.

Juve, City, Sevilla, Gladbach is pretty deadly to me. I'm assuming that's one of the 3 you listed.

That said, I was looking at the teams out there before the draw and it's amazing how much quality there is. Are teams like Eindhoven, CSKA, and Shakhtar a given? Not even close. I'd say there's about 2-4 truly hopeless teams which is great in a tournament of 32.

Yeah I think that one is Group D. The hopeless teams go on little runs here and there so it would be funny to see them upset big clubs. I wouldn't say Eindhoven, CSKA and Shakhtar are the hopeless ones though. The ones who stand no chance are: Malmo, Astana, BATE Borisov, Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Gent.

Chelsea  :P  Not going so well at the moment. Several players underperforming. You can only guess why? 

Mourinho going to be kicked out soon? Few similar results and that is going to be close.  

Edited by jRuutu