Are You Happy With Player Build Options?

Devise

Are You Happy With Player Building?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eh screw it, Victor recommended I put this up so why the hell not. I'm less looking for "poll results' and more actual opinions though. So if you vote in this please post your reasons. To formalize...

We have some debates going on in the BoG regarding the options available to build your players. Over the years of my time here I've heard complaints from people of all member varieties regarding the "dull" nature of building a player. The common complaint is "everyone gets everything to 99 and that is it." 

While I will plainly state this stuff doesn't effect me, as I make shitty ass players attempting to build specific player types that rarely works. :P However, I know there are some on this forum who feel strongly one way or the other on either allowing people to have options to build their player or leaving the system the same. So please I encourage you to offer up your opinions.

If you want to see more player build options, what kind of options would encourage you to stick around? If you are against them, even if we were to offer you a system that would allow you to opt out and stick with what you have now, why? 

Again this is all purely hypothetical so don't take this as evidence of anything happening. But in this case it'd be nice to gather some facts and opinions. :cheers: 

I'd love to see there be a system that differentiates player types and gives some diversity, but some of the limitations also span from the limits of the simulator and attributes. There is really only so much we can do to have different and unique builds. It isn't the most in depth sim in terms of attributes.

I don't know that I'd necessarily say I'm not happy with player build options, but more so that I think options would be an improvement. Personally, my player builds always end up in the same place, just taking a different path. Ultimately I just get several attributes to 90. Along the way there is diversity in how I have built in that I might build more defensively first (Geno Esposito) then get offensive attributes up, or I might build offensively first (Lloyd Light) then get defensive attributes up. In the end, though, I see no good reason to stray from a build that is just all-around, get as many attributes as I can to 90. It does get kind of stale.

revolts were common, they just weren't documented as much as they were in the end. But still, if people haven't noticed, I was being sarcastic. I'm not for or against the proposition, I just don't think that bringing the longevity of the league should be considered in the decision making. 

Edited by boubabi

It's an interesting concept, for sure.

The only issue is that I think a lot of players would end up gravitating towards an offensive build, which could mitigate its success. But having a system where you choose a player type with the attribute scale differing according to build (eg. offensive attributes at a certain point would cost more for a defensive player build) could be a really interesting notion.

Edited by scotty

I think it gets boring for the superstars who can just get 99 everything and don't really have a build other then just wrecking everything

Are you speaking for yourself or saying that people who can get to 99 get bored? Because that would be speaking on their behalf.

slavery worked too, why they changed it ?

same stratosphere for sure. except that it didn't work.

revolts were common, they just weren't documented as much as they were in the end. But still, if people haven't noticed, I was being sarcastic. I'm not for or against the proposition, I just don't think that bringing the longevity of the league should be considered in the decision making. 

longevity is something to definitely consider - especially when you consider that you'd be categorized into one type of build to start your career. it would be extremely handcuffing to be brutally honest.

Edited by CoachReilly