Claimed:So, the playoffs are still long [Final 6/6]

Zero

The VHL Playoffs System

Upon my return to the VHL, I was amazed at the changes that have taken place in this league. Expansion, welfare, pension plans, and other changes have, to me, made this league a better place to be overall. There is one thing, however, that I have been hoping to see for a long time, dating back to the early days of the VHL: the VHL playoffs take a long time to finish, and that's kind of annoying. Still, to this day, we are simulating one playoff game per day, and I think that's too slow of a pace to be going at.

bondis-wall-clock-black__0096033_PE23538

You see, assuming both the semi-finals and the finals go on for the maximum length of time - which doesn't always happen, but certainly could - we're looking at two weeks for the VHL playoffs. This isn't too bad if your team is a playoff-caliber team, but for a team that's on the outside, there isn't a whole lot to do. Ideally, everyone is involved and invested in seeing who comes out with the Continental and Founders Cups, but let's be honest: if it isn't your player or your team, you definitely tend to care at least a little bit less.

In my time away from this league, I've taken on one new life motto: don't complain about a problem unless you have a solution to that problem. Therefore, I am proposing that we shorten the VHL playoffs by approximately two days per round. Instead of each series taking up to seven days, they'll go up to five, if that. I'm suggesting that we simulate games 1 & 2, as well as games 3 & 4, in the first two days of each series, so a 7-game series would look like this:

Monday - Game 1 & 2

Tuesday - Game 3 & 4

Wednesday - Game 5

Thursday - Game 6

Friday - Game 7

8573174.jpg

This way, the elimination games still have their own days, where GMs can make any changes they deem as necessary to winning or turning the tides in the series. While game four doesn't have its own day, you can still make changes after day 1 if you're down 2-0. This also doesn't speed things up too much, as I know that playoffs time is also pretty key for our administrators and commissioners to re-charge their batteries.

CAn-Rus-672-8.jpg

If you don't like that idea, then how about something a little more "out there?" Why not do what the real hockey world does and host a mini tournament for the players who aren't involved in the playoffs, both VHl and VHLM? It will be the equivalent to the IIHF's World Championships, and not only does it give non-playoffs players (and players on teams eliminated early) something to do, it also might allow for the lower TPE guys to get some international play where they normally wouldn't (in the World Cup, that's open to everyone).

I know some of you are thinking: "This guy's back for a week and is already trying to stir the pot," but that's sort of how I roll. If I stick around, you'll probably get used to it, or at least tolerate it.

Content: 3/3 - It's pretty impressive that you wrote about something they've already done, without knowing it. Haha. I'll give you the content (pretend this is from along time ago, so it's a good suggestion ;)). Nice to see you back even though I probably wasn't around when you were. 

Grammar: 2/2 - 
VHl = VHL (hehe)

Appearance: 1/1 - Looks fine.

Overall: 6/6