How Did You Find the VHL?

eaglesfan036

How did you Find the VHL?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There was another football league that went defunct, went back to the board for shits and gigs during some time during a temp job where I was really doing nothing, and the rest is history.

Probably a different league, but there was a good football league for a season and a half, run by this guy ^^^^ called VFL.

Got to here from there. So yeah you all have to thank the great Coach for bringing me here

Probably a different league, but there was a good football league for a season and a half, run by this guy ^^^^ called VFL.

Got to here from there. So yeah you all have to thank the great Coach for bringing me here

ha... the one time i tried running a league.  went through a move to milwaukee shortly thereafter, left The Q (famous for his affinity for abacuses) in charge and everything went to poop while I waited for internet to be installed.

running a league is hard work.

ha... the one time i tried running a league.  went through a move to milwaukee shortly thereafter, left The Q (famous for his affinity for abacuses) in charge and everything went to poop while I waited for internet to be installed.

running a league is hard work.

Yeah I remember the Q. Ma'a Nonu over here, although my career and his only overlapped by a season or two and he was mostly inactive by then. I've tried running a league, and I concur.

You and I keeping that thread alive too. #BloodBros

Nobody ever posts in it!

I'm actually surprised that nobody else from there tries this out. I've had a great time with it.

There was Motzaburger or whatever who came here, make Lukas Nykvist. He was one of the reasons Calgary went back into a rebuild when I was there though. Nykvist was supposed to be special. :lol:

The one you made is in the Gaming section. I seen that there's a sim league post in the Fantasy section as well. Have you made one there? Might be a good idea if you haven't. I've seen other sim leagues get posted in the Fantasy section like MetroHo or DynastyHockey.

Nobody ever posts in it!

I'm actually surprised that nobody else from there tries this out. I've had a great time with it.

There was Motzaburger or whatever who came here, make Lukas Nykvist. He was one of the reasons Calgary went back into a rebuild when I was there though. Nykvist was supposed to be special. :lol:

The one you made is in the Gaming section. I seen that there's a sim league post in the Fantasy section as well. Have you made one there? Might be a good idea if you haven't. I've seen other sim leagues get posted in the Fantasy section like MetroHo or DynastyHockey.

Good point. I will do that now, go back and endorse it!

Yeah I remember the Q. Ma'a Nonu over here, although my career and his only overlapped by a season or two and he was mostly inactive by then. I've tried running a league, and I concur.

Real talk, I think you both were in the original MSFL?  Older Knight too?  Anyone else?

Real talk, I think you both were in the original MSFL?  Older Knight too?  Anyone else?

Hi there. If you're talking original MSFL, I was for like half a season before Iceman nuked it. In terms of MSFL_R, pretty sure D_A wasn't, Mike was (as he said), older Knight was (were you Phil? I figure the league dying in 2008 puts it right at the edge of range), if Brannan and Bengals1Fan are still around they were, as was Doomsday if he ever shows up again. A bunch of other people have been in and out in recent years, including at times McJones, Turner, The Q.

Anyway, believe it was Coach that recruited me from one of those failed post-MSFL football leagues, possibly the VFL. Didn't stick the first time, did the second time.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

There was another football league that went defunct, went back to the board for shits and gigs during some time during a temp job where I was really doing nothing, and the rest is history.

You're welcome

Hi

Edited by Hybrid1486

Hi there. If you're talking original MSFL, I was for like half a season before Iceman nuked it. In terms of MSFL_R, pretty sure D_A wasn't, Mike was (as he said), older Knight was (were you Phil? I figure the league dying in 2008 puts it right at the edge of range), if Brannan and Bengals1Fan are still around they were, as was Doomsday if he ever shows up again. A bunch of other people have been in and out in recent years, including at times McJones, Turner, The Q.

Anyway, believe it was Coach that recruited me from one of those failed post-MSFL football leagues, possibly the VFL. Didn't stick the first time, did the second time.

Yeah it was David, I think Coach was there under a different title and maybe 1-2 others...  That and the RFSL...  Late 2005?  Jesus.

I think my player's name was Phil Strozier in RFSL, then Jamarcus Gooden (or something like that) in the first MSFL where I won defensive player of the year as a strong safety, then Darrin Walls in MSFL reborn

Edited by CoachReilly

I think my player's name was Phil Strozier in RFSL, then Jamarcus Gooden (or something like that) in the first MSFL where I won defensive player of the year as a strong safety, then Darrin Walls in MSFL reborn

I don't even recall my other players' names, however I think I used my real name for my first player...  I think that was the only league I've been a commissioner in (MSFL).

Edited by frescoelmo

I don't even recall my other players' names, however I think I used my real name for my first player...  I think that was the only league I've been a commissioner in (MSFL).

I only remember because 2 of 3 were real college players.