2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

This season is going to be rough. Just have to keep telling myself:

"Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecny NAK Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecny NAK Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecny NAK "

So what's your opinion? Will the flyers be good or nah?

Edited by boubabi

This season is going to be rough. Just have to keep telling myself:

"Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecny NAK Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecny NAK Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecny NAK "

So what's your opinion? Will the flyers be good or nah?

Ha. Funnily enough, the Flyers came back and won that game.

In the end, I think they're a playoff bubble team that's more likely to miss the playoffs than make it. There's still too much of a talent deficiency on D that won't be fixed until some of the prospects start making it into the lineup. I have to imagine that Ghostisbehere will replace Manning at some point during the season, as Manning is a middling AHL defensemen, but Hakstol doesn't want to have both Gudas and Schenn in the lineup.

At this point, the forward group is "good enough" but not super exciting. Obviously there's Giroux and Voracek, and then Couturier and Schenn (who is a good, albeit inconsistent, top-6 winger). The real surprises so far have been Sam Gagner and Umberger. Gagner has been pretty good so far (possibly leading the team in points?) and his defense has been below-average, but not completely awful. I have my doubts that he'll be able to keep this up, but he's been able to fill in the lineup where ever we've had holes due to injury. Umberger looks much better this year, as he's not playing with the abdominal injury he was last year so he can actually skate and handle the puck a little. Not really sure where he fits into the lineup once everyone is healthy, but it's going to be hard to keep him out of the lineup.

Mason has been the same good Mason since he's come to Philly (minus the game against Florida where his head obviously wasn't in the game with whatever family situation he had going on). Neuvirth is such a huge upgrade over whatever backup we've had the past few years. 

so i forgot to mention, i met Arizona's assistant gm, Chayka. and i may or may not have started some rumours with him about Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Max Domi to Vancouver rumours. 

How did you start rumours? Those two are basically untouchable for Phoenix looking from the outside.

so i forgot to mention, i met Arizona's assistant gm, Chayka. and i may or may not have started some rumours with him about Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Max Domi to Vancouver rumours. 

How did you start rumours? Those two are basically untouchable for Phoenix looking from the outside.

/sarcasm 

and i was just kidding about the rumours i suppose. i just meant i was bugging him about those players and then proceeded to tell people that they may be on their way to vancouver 

/sarcasm 

and i was just kidding about the rumours i suppose. i just meant i was bugging him about those players and then proceeded to tell people that they may be on their way to vancouver 

Worst troll ever.

/sarcasm 

Worst troll ever.

Jokes
-----------
your head.

Price has been weak for 4 out of 5 goals. The other one was a deflection from Beaulieu. No worries here.

The Dorsett one went off Semin and you have to admit Price's  back checkers did more to hinder his ability on that play than they did to help him.

Yeah, that Habs/Canucks game is what I expected to happen. Canadiens had to lose eventually, and it's just a blip on the schedule.

Of course the Canucks played well, and McCann especially, but Price had a bad game too.

Lol at this Stars/Canucks game. Stars get all the shots in the first 10 minutes. Burrows gets a breakaway, awarded a penalty shot, and scores.