S48 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

Higgins

I've complained about GM succession and how goddamn random it is based on BOG random discussions about what's worth what - make this easy and do the right thing.

Molholt and Mike were two of the top prospects their year and they only had to give up 11/12.

Just now, CoachReilly said:

I've complained about GM succession and how goddamn random it is based on BOG random discussions about what's worth what - make this easy and do the right thing.

Molholt and Mike were two of the top prospects their year and they only had to give up 11/12.

I'll let someone else explain it in more detail, but Komarov is roughly worth 7th overall and not 13th. Seems pretty fair to me.

Davos right now is not in exactly the best shape (due to me and Ahma) and as much as I love Komarov I would say 7th is slightly high for him. 

Molholt and Mike both could have been taken by any of the 6 or 7 picks Seattle and Toronto had together, and yet they got picked by worthless draft choices.

congrats once again on your constantly changing methodology for succeeding GMs. Get your shit together.

• Admin

We can't go off precedent all the time if the precedent was wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right. The Mike and Molholt decision was wrong, but the better of two evils at the time. This situation has a very straightforward solution and we shouldn't look at Seattle and Toronto as the template to follow.

Just now, Victor said:

We can't go off precedent all the time if the precedent was wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right. The Mike and Molholt decision was wrong, but the better of two evils at the time. This situation has a very straightforward solution and we shouldn't look at Seattle and Toronto as the template to follow.

Fine by me, if that is stuck to from now on - especially since it didn't affect my :D

8 minutes ago, CoachReilly said:

Davos right now is not in exactly the best shape (due to me and Ahma) and as much as I love Komarov I would say 7th is slightly high for him. 

Molholt and Mike both could have been taken by any of the 6 or 7 picks Seattle and Toronto had together, and yet they got picked by worthless draft choices.

congrats once again on your constantly changing methodology for succeeding GMs. Get your shit together.

Well you'd have to blame the person(s) who decided that at the time. As far as I've always been concerned in decisions I've made, we've gone off of what makes the most sense at the time.

• Admin
1 minute ago, CoachReilly said:

He's about 15 TPE from 13th overall and about 40 from 7th in terms of pure TPE rankings.

care to further explain the thought process on why 7 is so much closer than 13?

come on dudes please be receptive

well since you don't wait for replies and post it twice, I'll repeat myself

wtf numbers are you basing that on

7 minutes ago, boubabi said:

And I was hoping to fuck the system with my next player. I guess I can't expect that now.

If you are still GM, it wouldn't really matter as he'd go automatically.

D Black Velvet, 312 TPE 312 TPE 312.00
C Unassisted, 267 TPE 267 TPE 267.00
RW Tyson Kohler, 227 TPE 227 TPE 227.00
G Jakab Holik, 226 TPE 226 TPE 226.00
G Dmitri Dadonov, 176 TPE 176 TPE 176.00
RW Kendrick Cole, 172 TPE 172 TPE 172.00
RW Bogdan Podarok, 133 TPE 133 TPE 133.00
C Pavel Komarov, 97 TPE 97 TPE 97.00
D Clan Mercer, 95 TPE 95 TPE 95.00
D Nikki Kassanen, 89 TPE 89 TPE 89.00
LW Dope Fiend, 85 TPE  85 TPE 85.00
D Titan Kronos, 78 TPE 78 TPE 78.00