LR Suggestion

Didn't we use to have a Locker Room icon under the logos in the banner that took you to the Locker Room? I'm not particularly fussed where the locker room is, but I wouldn't mind having that back.

14 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Didn't we use to have a Locker Room icon under the logos in the banner that took you to the Locker Room? I'm not particularly fussed where the locker room is, but I wouldn't mind having that back.

I think that fucked something up so that's why it was taken away. Maybe.

Regarding the LRs, I don't really care where they are. I'm on a bunch of different sim leagues and I've never had any preference. SHL, GOMHL, SBL, and SBA are all at the top, and VHL is at the bottom. I've never had any problem with that.

As for the index where someone brought up in here that it should be at the top, it is for me. At least on this black theme, the index is on the VHL logo where the team logos are.

Also, @ADwyer87, be more active on SHL. You're on my team so I would appreciate it. :lol:

and... @JPL, be more active on GOMHL. You're on my team so I would appreciate it. ;)

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

As for the index where someone brought up in here that it should be at the top, it is for me. At least on this black theme, the index is on the VHL logo where the team logos are.

Thank you, I did not realize that those were index links. :lol:

• Admin
12 hours ago, Evans said:

There are no negatives for having them at the top. Shifts everything down one sub forum which is a fair compromise considering we currently have to scroll through EVERY sub forum to get to them. 

Active LRs keep leagues thriving and helps keep new guys interested. 

Not for admins. 16 forums I don't need at the top, no thanks.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, der meister said:

So just because the SHLers realize that it's way better to have it at the top, they don't count? :rolleyes:

Better or they're just biased because that's the only way they knew.

12 minutes ago, Victor said:

Better or they're just biased because that's the only way they knew.

I've known both. I was on the shl when it was on the bottom. It's much better on the top. A lot of people like the sense of team, even if it's a fake hockey league. I know I do. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, der meister said:

I've known both. I was on the shl when it was on the bottom. It's much better on the top. A lot of people like the sense of team, even if it's a fake hockey league. I know I do. 

It wasn't at the bottom though, it was within team forums like player pages and update threads. That was actually horrendous.

Honestly, I would post more in the SHL if I didn't come in and go straight into the LR. And judging by the discrepancy between LR posts and general posts, that applies to others too.

Like many, I'm on both sites and personally I don't see the difference. When I'm on shl they are on top and here they at the bottom. It's just how it is. It doesn't diminish my enjoyment of either league in any way and hopefully you guys enjoy simming, no matter where your LR is located.

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

It wasn't at the bottom though, it was within team forums like player pages and update threads. That was actually horrendous.

Honestly, I would post more in the SHL if I didn't come in and go straight into the LR. And judging by the discrepancy between LR posts and general posts, that applies to others too.

Yeah, that was a mess. But it was still toward the bottom. 

As for your second point, I've found the opposite. Most of my Seattle team sticks in the locker room. Our season thread, which was started this week, is up to 29 pages of discussion already, which is more than I've ever seen in any VHL locker room, to be honest. 

57 minutes ago, Victor said:

Not for admins. 16 forums I don't need at the top, no thanks.

You can minimize it by clicking the arrow located in the banner to the far right of the sub. Makes only the title of it visible. 

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Evans said:

You can minimize it by clicking the arrow located in the banner to the far right of the sub. Makes only the title of it visible. 

I want to see my LRs though...

31 minutes ago, der meister said:

Yeah, that was a mess. But it was still toward the bottom. 

As for your second point, I've found the opposite. Most of my Seattle team sticks in the locker room. Our season thread, which was started this week, is up to 29 pages of discussion already, which is more than I've ever seen in any VHL locker room, to be honest. 

No, I know that. I am saying SHL LRs are more active than the SHL.

Also, pet peeve: when people compare threads by page amounts. SHL threads are 14 posts per page, VHL 20 at least. This isn't to say VHL LRs are more active, they're not, but it's a general thing.

I agree with what was said about LR's being at the top taking away from site activity.

In the SHL, that's a lot of the season why many days I don't bother with the rest of the website. I just check my LR, the index, and leave.

In VHL, there's been plenty of times where I was just heading to the LR, but noticed a few threads to reply to because I scrolled past them. There's that, plus the New Topics sidebar helps out a ton.

44 minutes ago, Victor said:

I want to see my LRs though...

No, I know that. I am saying SHL LRs are more active than the SHL.

Also, pet peeve: when people compare threads by page amounts. SHL threads are 14 posts per page, VHL 20 at least. This isn't to say VHL LRs are more active, they're not, but it's a general thing.

Boy oh boy am I finding all the ways to irritate Vic today or what? :D

Everyone is saying they don't see a difference......SHL has LRs at the top, the LRs are much more active and fun, and seems to have more members.....so seems like this could help a lot.

also I mean maybe there's a league I don't know about, but SHL, SBA, GOMHL, WFL, SBL, and EFCL all use LRs at the top. Seems like what you're supposed to do with a sim league

• Admin
5 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Everyone is saying they don't see a difference......SHL has LRs at the top, the LRs are much more active and fun, and seems to have more members.....so seems like this could help a lot.

also I mean maybe there's a league I don't know about, but SHL, SBA, GOMHL, WFL, SBL, and EFCL all use LRs at the top. Seems like what you're supposed to do with a sim league

Basically all spun off SHL though. Back in the day everyone copied VHL.