Victor

• Admin
14 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

John Snow is a Targaryen

Targaryen's marry their sibblings

John Snow likes woman with red hair

Sansa has red hair

John x Sansa?

They're not even siblings any more! Just cousins.

Although I'd argue its more redheads loving Jon than vice versa.

49 minutes ago, Victor said:

They're not even siblings any more! Just cousins.

Although I'd argue its more redheads loving Jon than vice versa.

Jon and Dany are totally getting married. Super team is forming for the great war.

Edited by Mr. Power

In unrelated news, I've begun re-watching Season 1 (and onwards) of this show recently. I have only actually been through it once, and it's been as it releases so going back years to the first season feels strange. So much great slow build early on that I forgot, and despite the fact that there is proper protagonists now, those same characters really didn't feel that way early on in the show. It feels like a good reminder that this show earned the pay offs/fan service type stuff it's entered into now. There is nothing wrong with any of it in the first place, but it built to these arcs very well. 

But man the first season of this show is probably the best, or at least my favorite. I'll have to think again when I've rewatched all of it, because based on my initial reactions the season finale of 6 is probably the most complete episode start to finish in the series. However Season 1-2 probably the top two in terms of overall quality. 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

In unrelated news, I've begun re-watching Season 1 (and onwards) of this show recently. I have only actually been through it once, and it's been as it releases so going back years to the first season feels strange. So much great slow build early on that I forgot, and despite the fact that there is proper protagonists now, those same characters really didn't feel that way early on in the show. It feels like a good reminder that this show earned the pay offs/fan service type stuff it's entered into now. There is nothing wrong with any of it in the first place, but it built to these arcs very well. 

But man the first season of this show is probably the best, or at least my favorite. I'll have to think again when I've rewatched all of it, because based on my initial reactions the season finale of 6 is probably the most complete episode start to finish in the series. However Season 1-2 probably the top two in terms of overall quality. 

Agreed. And they stayed closest to the books. Go figure :ssst:

10 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Agreed. And they stayed closest to the books. Go figure :ssst:

I know it's cheeky to say, but that is essentially why. GRRM puts such a ludicrous amount of detail and interconnectivity in his novels that it's really hardly a wonder that it takes him 8 years to write one. As the story got bigger and more complex, the showrunners didn't really have much choice than to simplify it in the adaptation. So all the little plots and intricacies you see in the first season slowly got phased out, which is too bad. That said, I think for the most part they did a good job, and it's still the best show ever, but the fact that they had to stray so far from the original story meant that it was likely to drop in quality, one way or the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, have to wait until Summer next year for only 7 eps? Damn you needing for it to be winter, since it has come, so we need snow everywhere. Splitting up the next season into essentially two seasons is strange too. I feel like they could of just said lets do two more seasons, and gave them each 10 episodes. Grumble. 

59 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Man, have to wait until Summer next year for only 7 eps? Damn you needing for it to be winter, since it has come, so we need snow everywhere. Splitting up the next season into essentially two seasons is strange too. I feel like they could of just said lets do two more seasons, and gave them each 10 episodes. Grumble. 

Blame Breaking Bad.

On June 30, 2016 at 9:44 PM, Mr. Power said:

I'd say Season 1 is the best re-watch of any season in TV history. Obviously it starts slow so it took me a while to get through it the first time but the second time (which was still before I read any of the books) it was fucking great.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...