2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

20 minutes ago, Tyler said:

yea real bad and they're gonna get washed in the memorial cup next year :cig:

I wish you don't like picks, because Moncton will be the biggest whore in the market next season

getting dem 20 years old players

7 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I wish you don't like picks, because Moncton will be the biggest whore in the market next season

getting dem 20 years old players

they already traded for Sylvestre to be a 20 YO next year lol not sure why they traded for him now since he isn't really that good

need them to get morand from bathurst

12 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I worry the habs get second overall and take zadina ahead of svechnikov

Zona - MTL - VAN - EDM

Dahlin - Zadina - Tkachuk (To make up for skipping Matt) - Svechnikov

Can already see it playing out lol

5 minutes ago, Quik said:

Zona - MTL - VAN - EDM

Dahlin - Zadina - Tkachuk (To make up for skipping Matt) - Svechnikov

Can already see it playing out lol

Fuck man I can too. McDavid - Svechnikov would be insane for the next 10 years. Would probably force them to trade Draisaitl eventually though.

Zadina is a quality player with real 30 goal 30 assist potential but I'd rather take my chances with one of the top defenseman if they're going to skip Svechnikov

5 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Fuck man I can too. McDavid - Svechnikov would be insane for the next 10 years. Would probably force them to trade Draisaitl eventually though.

Zadina is a quality player with real 30 goal 30 assist potential but I'd rather take my chances with one of the top defenseman if they're going to skip Svechnikov

Trust me, I'd rather you guys take one of the D-men too :P I don't think any of the D-men have the same ceiling he does, and if Bergevin were to take a D-man over Zadina, it'd be worse than Juolevi over Tkachuk/Keller/Serge (almost as bad as Nylander over Serge)...

19 minutes ago, Quik said:

Trust me, I'd rather you guys take one of the D-men too :P I don't think any of the D-men have the same ceiling he does, and if Bergevin were to take a D-man over Zadina, it'd be worse than Juolevi over Tkachuk/Keller/Serge (almost as bad as Nylander over Serge)...

I'm torn on a guy like Quinn Hughes, Noah Dobson or Zadina. I wouldn't be shocked if the habs would take brady tkachuk either.

13 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I'm torn on a guy like Quinn Hughes, Noah Dobson or Zadina. I wouldn't be shocked if the habs would take brady tkachuk either.

I'm not as big on Hughes. I don't think he's going to be any better than Woo, who will likely still be on the board in the 20s. Dobson's an interesting name, and he might go earlier than expected due to being a right shot. But, personally, I'm still in the clear top 3 camp with a lot of solid players after.

I'm hopeful that Veleno will fall, but I think if anything his stock is rising. He'd look amazing as a 3rd line C coming into the league when Matthews/Marner are entering their second contracts.

35 minutes ago, Quik said:

I'm not as big on Hughes. I don't think he's going to be any better than Woo, who will likely still be on the board in the 20s. Dobson's an interesting name, and he might go earlier than expected due to being a right shot. But, personally, I'm still in the clear top 3 camp with a lot of solid players after.

I'm hopeful that Veleno will fall, but I think if anything his stock is rising. He'd look amazing as a 3rd line C coming into the league when Matthews/Marner are entering their second contracts.

Veleno is going to be mediocre at best. Never stood out and only got exceptional status because his parents whined and threatened to go ncaa if he didn't get it lol. If the Habs get a second first I would take a gamble in the 15-20 range but even then I'd be anxious about it. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Veleno is going to be mediocre at best. Never stood out and only got exceptional status because his parents whined and threatened to go ncaa if he didn't get it lol. If the Habs get a second first I would take a gamble in the 15-20 range but even then I'd be anxious about it. 

Yeah, amazing might have been overdoing it lol. But I think if he fell to the Leafs pick, I'd be pretty happy. There's other picks I'd look at in that spot too, and I don't know that the Leafs look at him, but I'd be happy with him there. He'd pretty much never be relied upon as a top 6 C, so I think he could become a good 3rd piece down the middle.

1 hour ago, Quik said:

or Jake Virtanen over William Nylander. Juolevi is still young though we shall evaluate him next season. hopefully its not too bad but still rather have Matthew Tkachuk or Keller

9 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

or Jake Virtanen over William Nylander. Juolevi is still young though we shall evaluate him next season. hopefully its not too bad but still rather have Matthew Tkachuk or Keller

Defensemen take longer to develop so I personally wouldn't write him off yet. Some defensemen are accelerated with good rosters (i.e. Sergachev)

3 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Yep. Lots of bad decisions have been made in the draft. Hell, I'm still pissed at Biggs+Percy over Rakell+Saad+Gibson. Only thing that makes it better is there's no way in hell Shanny takes over (because Burke probably doesn't lose his job/if he does, Nonis has a better roster to work with), so no Nylander/Marner/Matthews - probably would have ended up with Bleakely, Crouse, and Gauthier :wacko:

It's definitely too early to call it, but at this point Juolevi wasn't even in the top 3 for D-men still on the board (Serge, McAvoy and Chychrun). If Benning didn't want to move that pick for PK, but still wanted a D-man, he should have just traded down. Buffalo would have probably coughed up a 2nd to move up and get Tkachuk. Even if Olli was off the board, they'd have been in a better position lol