POLL: SBA<->EFL welfare system to VHL

hedgehog337

so?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, the same old shit.

But I feel like more and more members are expressing their interest in that welfare system and of course that I'm going to capitilze by claiming 1 TPE for this. For members who are still on December 31th, 2017; or just don't know what I'm laking about:

This is the system where you can write an article or post a GFX in some other league (SBA, EFL) and link it to our welfare thread for 6 TPE.

So is this good? Here's 1 pro and con:

GOOD - it could bring more fresh blood here;

BAD - some members will stop posting articles or GFX and 6 TPE for welfare members is too much.

I think we could try this thing, but I'm not sure about the retention in this case. But one thing I know is probably half of VHL members aren't even on other leagues and I think they won't even have a time for it so they will continue to post PT here.

So this is my first article of 2018, Happy New Year!

1 TPE goes to Krīgars

• Senior Admin

I think the going thought in the BOG is that we would need to make some adjustments to our weekly TPE cap system in order for it to be feasible, so that's what we're looking at now 

I like the idea, but the TPE in relation to the VHL isn't a good idea.

In the EFL and SBA it's great, because their weekly cap is 12. You can get your 6 from the welfare, and then post in 3 game threads during the week for your other 3 TPE, bringing you to 9 TPE. You're still required to be semi-active posting in game threads to get that 9 TPE, but only getting welfare for 6 gives you half of what others are capable of.

VHL's weekly cap is 9, so the welfare only gets you to 6. I don't know if the idea here is that 6 is your cap if you claim welfare, or if people would be able to say, post a VHL.com article as well, and grade for 2 more TPE to get to 9?

I don't know. I just think that the TPE on that welfare should be adjusted according to the VHL. Possibly even giving people 5 TPE for linking it if we keep it at 9 here? I don't know. VHL members here with 2 previous players of 400 TPE already get 4 TPE for doing nothing.

EIther way, it brings in more members. There are a bunch of people who would be here in the VHL if we had this welfare system in place, paired with the EFL and SBA. It brings it members, and that's what we want here. I don't necessarily think people wouldn't be totally active with that system either. I claim welfare with my SBA PT's in the EFL, but I still post in EFL game threads, still post in my LR, and still post around the site sometimes as well.

As someone who has created many times here and never had the time to do an extra set of PT's, and has a difficult time attempting to write about a sport I know little about, I can tell you I'd absolutely become a mainstream member here if this welfare system was adopted. I know a handful of guys who would join with me.

The SBA and EFL went in on this welfare system and it's benefited both sides. SBA lifers have been able to participate in the EFL and help the EFL's activity. EFL recruits have been able to get active in the SBA and not burn out, increasing the SBA's activity.

As someone on the BOD of both the SBA and EFL, seeing the benefits and literally no issue in terms of either league losing activity or content, it's such a no-brainer It's been hard for me to grasp why it's taking so long for this to get finalized.

• Senior Admin
8 minutes ago, Shaka said:

As someone who has created many times here and never had the time to do an extra set of PT's, and has a difficult time attempting to write about a sport I know little about, I can tell you I'd absolutely become a mainstream member here if this welfare system was adopted. I know a handful of guys who would join with me.

The SBA and EFL went in on this welfare system and it's benefited both sides. SBA lifers have been able to participate in the EFL and help the EFL's activity. EFL recruits have been able to get active in the SBA and not burn out, increasing the SBA's activity.

As someone on the BOD of both the SBA and EFL, seeing the benefits and literally no issue in terms of either league losing activity or content, it's such a no-brainer It's been hard for me to grasp why it's taking so long for this to get finalized.

It seems it's been pretty much agreed upon that we will be implementing it, its just the specifics are still being talked about in the BOG with a couple different options like potentially raising the TPE cap here. 

2 hours ago, Shaka said:

shaka i love you

3 hours ago, Will said:

It seems it's been pretty much agreed upon that we will be implementing it, its just the specifics are still being talked about in the BOG with a couple different options like potentially raising the TPE cap here. 

Gotcha. I saw the poll(didn't see it's in articles, not an open discussion area) so thought it was an open discussion to see if you should even contemplate it. As a BOD member of both leagues, I doubt we have issue with the VHL being slightly altered if you decide it needs to be due to the 9 cap here as opposed to our 12 cap. It would make sense you guys need to figure that out.

I'm excited about the possibility of getting it going! May join asap then in hopes I can utilize it in the near future.

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Shaka said:

Gotcha. I saw the poll(didn't see it's in articles, not an open discussion area) so thought it was an open discussion to see if you should even contemplate it. As a BOD member of both leagues, I doubt we have issue with the VHL being slightly altered if you decide it needs to be due to the 9 cap here as opposed to our 12 cap. It would make sense you guys need to figure that out.

I'm excited about the possibility of getting it going! May join asap then in hopes I can utilize it in the near future.

Well I'm probably the first to say publicly we will be joining, most of the discussion so far has been confined to the BOG. We started talking about it seriously near the end of last season, but we ended up making some major changes over the last off-season that kind of side tracked the discussion. And anyways, it probably wouldn't have been great to start it then and have an influx of members during that time that we were making the changes. 

Currently it's the #1 topic in the BOG so we're hoping to get it sorted out soon! 

Why not just make the whole system be like over in GOMHL? Everybody can claim the 6TPE from activity check and if people want, they can do some kind of small written article (200 words) or graphical piece for extra 2 or whatever points?

This whole multiple league welfare system idea is terrible. For example,  I write 500 words here and get 6 tpe, then go over to EFL or any other league and be good player without putting any kind of real effort in on the actual site? Assuming of course the TPE levels/systems are similar in EFL = you can at max get 9 tpe or something per week without a job. I claim the 6 from here and maybe do some kind of activity check/Sim attendance = Boom, right at the cap and only thing I bring is one more user who takes the spot from a user who actually puts the work in at the actual site.

The fact that glorified welfare user can have a succesful career in another league without putting any kind of real work in on the actual site is a joke. What you think is going to happen if people join here? Majority of users here were super negative about having to play even on the third line, you going to now let people just come in and push you into the third line and even worse, let them push you out of top-6 by simply claiming 6 TPE they did in some other league?

As strange as it may sound, implementing this might actually increase the likelihood of some members writing articles/doing graphics here. I know I for one would be more inclined to write every week, as I can come up with 500 words here far easier then say EFL. I would be far more likely to write an article here if I know it's benefiting me in multiple leagues rather then just this one (especially considering I can claim welfare for just 2 TPE less). 

13 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Why not just make the whole system be like over in GOMHL? Everybody can claim the 6TPE from activity check and if people want, they can do some kind of small written article (200 words) or graphical piece for extra 2 or whatever points?

This whole multiple league welfare system idea is terrible. For example,  I write 500 words here and get 6 tpe, then go over to EFL or any other league and be good player without putting any kind of real effort in on the actual site? Assuming of course the TPE levels/systems are similar in EFL = you can at max get 9 tpe or something per week without a job. I claim the 6 from here and maybe do some kind of activity check/Sim attendance = Boom, right at the cap and only thing I bring is one more user who takes the spot from a user who actually puts the work in at the actual site.

The fact that glorified welfare user can have a succesful career in another league without putting any kind of real work in on the actual site is a joke. What you think is going to happen if people join here? Majority of users here were super negative about having to play even on the third line, you going to now let people just come in and push you into the third line and even worse, let them push you out of top-6 by simply claiming 6 TPE they did in some other league?

There has been no indication that it has negatively impacted the SBA or EFL since we implemented. On the contrary, it has positively impacted both leagues creations, average updates per week and there has been no downtick in point tasks being done. Sure, there are guys who don't have the time to write point tasks in both leagues and utilize the welfare. There are also a great number of members who used that welfare to get their foot in the door, only to find out they enjoy that league enough to put the work in to max that player and become a regular contributor. 

On the surface, it would seem troubling to allow guys to "do no work" to earn a decent amount of TPE in the league. But our experience is that it all comes out in the wash. Those who were doing PT's will continue doing PT's. Those won't just stop being done. Those who maxed their player will continue maxing their player. Your entire membership base will stay the same because they were here in the first place for a reason. And what's left is an increased number of players created and continuously updated - if a higher percentage of them as role players. And it increases discussion in locker rooms, sim threads and the general board. That can't be a bad thing. It hasn't been for us.

Just now, Shaka said:

There has been no indication that it has negatively impacted the SBA or EFL since we implemented. On the contrary, it has positively impacted both leagues creations, average updates per week and there has been no downtick in point tasks being done. Sure, there are guys who don't have the time to write point tasks in both leagues and utilize the welfare. There are also a great number of members who used that welfare to get their foot in the door, only to find out they enjoy that league enough to put the work in to max that player and become a regular contributor. 

On the surface, it would seem troubling to allow guys to "do no work" to earn a decent amount of TPE in the league. But our experience is that it all comes out in the wash. Those who were doing PT's will continue doing PT's. Those won't just stop being done. Those who maxed their player will continue maxing their player. Your entire membership base will stay the same because they were here in the first place for a reason. And what's left is an increased number of players created and continuously updated - if a higher percentage of them as role players. And it increases discussion in locker rooms, sim threads and the general board. That can't be a bad thing. It hasn't been for us.

Kinda hard to find motivation to keep on doing the PT´s if someone can just come in and claim 6 TPE from a PT they did in some other league? I need to still write that 500 words every week here to get the same TPE? Always been interesting to me how people have time to talk in LR´s and in general around the league, but still don´t have enough time during the week to put 500 word article together.

I have not been in EFL, so I don´t know how the PT and TPE stuff works over there, but if you come from EFL and claim 6 TPE from a PT you did there, add that in every week to your player here =  you will be a star player. The level of competition is so low.

26 minutes ago, philthethrill81 said:

As strange as it may sound, implementing this might actually increase the likelihood of some members writing articles/doing graphics here. I know I for one would be more inclined to write every week, as I can come up with 500 words here far easier then say EFL. I would be far more likely to write an article here if I know it's benefiting me in multiple leagues rather then just this one (especially considering I can claim welfare for just 2 TPE less). 

Don´t you think it´s kinda bad that leagues with a PT system have to basically pay people to join them? Allowing someone to come in and claim 6 TPE from a PT they did in some other league is exactly that.

5 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Isn't the level of competition be up if more players will have more than 500 or so TPE though?

Not really, from what I understood - if it ever gets to the point that some people are forced to play in the third line, the league will expand and nothing really changes.

Edited by jRuutu