Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1 - I feel like I personally performed decently enough, but there's certainly a lot of room for improvement.

2 - I think we just need time. Paul aside, we have a young squad. 

3 - Honestly don't care at all.

4 - Something clever about sand.

5 - As a Sabres fan, I'm not thrilled.

6 - Jesus, coming in hard with the final question. Ultimately I want to be happy, and I want my kids to be happy and healthy.

On 8/10/2022 at 7:30 AM, Agito said:

Press_Conference_1.png

1. Very disappointed, we played hard, but it just wasn't enough. I really feel like this team was much better than our fate dictated, and having this be Paul Atreides' send-off... it makes me sick to think about it. It's going to be my motivation to never end a season feeling like this again.

2. I really don't know... I was very confident in this team, but it just seemed like success just wasn't in the cards this time. 

3. I think it's Moscow's time to finally shake the monkey off their back and win the cup.

4. Paul was a rock star for this team, he really gave us his all. I know he's taking a step back in retirement, and you know what, he deserves it. The man has earned the time to relax, and he'll be back when he's ready. 

5. As a Flyers fan... cool? Surely he'll enjoy being back in Boston better than being on this Flyers team. 

6. If you aren't happy... you aren't doing it right. 

1.  I had higher hopes for this playoff run but we got cold at the wrong time.

2.  Not really sure.  It's been an up and down season so it's hard to pinpoint a single thing.

3.  Probably Seattle.

4.  He had a great career and we won't forget the impact he had here in his final two seasons.

5.  Whatever.  I'm not a Boston fan.

6.  Don't we all want to save the world in our own way?

• 3 weeks later...

1.  Well, we had some pretty great veteran players retire and get traded because this is a business, so the young blood is coming up and that was to be expected.  I think there may be growing pains this year with some good stretches along the way.

2.  Try and regain my rookie form

3.  Pretty quiet, besides the trades before training camp.

4.  It won't be easy but we're not far off, you know.  We just have to find consistency.

5.  It was hot alot, but it's been alright.

6.  Is that another NASA thing?

10 hours ago, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

1. I am one of the new player but I would say that I’m a guy who like to win and give the best for my team 

2. a winning mentality, and many guys that speaks in the locker room 

3. I think he could do it if he wants to, he could have a nice year in backup and take some experience 

4. I think yes, he could do a really nice job 

5. Im just sleeping today haha 

6. be a professional player of soccer or hockey for sure 

On 9/5/2022 at 12:32 PM, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

1. No matter what happens, you can expect 100% effort every night. 

2. Rejuvenation, for sure. We've got a lot of new faces, and we're hoping it can solve a lot of old problems. 

3. I think it all depends on whether or not the Legion are ready to compete before Lindbergh's prime and peak value are up. He hasn't exactly lived up to his potential either, so that's another thing to consider. 

4. He's a really solid two-way defenseman, so he definitely has the potential to move the puck around and frustrate opponents on both sides of the ice. He's definitely got that potential. 

5. Honoring the hard work of our forebears by not working!

6. I would love to have total financial security, the ability to never have to worry about money. Not have to work all the time just to get by, not have to sacrifice on nice things, to be able to get away when we need it. That'd be awesome. 

17 hours ago, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

1. Maybe with some trades to bring experience 

2. it’s to get the better possible to gain some ranks 

3. maybe put some shooting on his build 

4. Yeah like I said later we need more experience 

5. Premier league games are not played that’s bad haha 

6. i don’t know him so maybe haha 

1 - time and patience are probably the best bet. But we're definitely underperforming

2 - team commitment to improvement. 

3 - I don't see that as a problem. Not every defenseman should be an offensive one 

4 - probably, but at what cost? Why mortgage the future to bandaid the present? 

5 - She had potential to be really progressive. She wasn't. Hopefully this helps kickstart a referendum vote in Scotland so they can finally break free of England and re-join the EU.

6 - Judging by his inability to move inkwells, I think he's a stuffy old man who gets treated like he's special just because his parents were cousins.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:52 PM, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

1. Learn from the losses and continue to grow as a team. It's much more difficult to overcome a bad finish than a bad start, so if we continue to grow, continue to develop and become stronger as a team... we can get through this. 

2. You've got to thoroughly evaluate what you have, and figure out what's missing, what it is that will be the missing piece, so to speak. Maybe it's a type of player you need to add, maybe you need to find which players work best together, or maybe you just need to be patient and let everyone gel together better. Every team, every situation is different. We'll find out which one ours is. 

3. Well, Harry is a defensive defenseman. He's not on this team to score goals, he's here to stop the other teams from doing so, and 33 shot blocks is sure doing that. It'd be cool if he turned out to be a goal-scoring savant, but that's not the player he is, and that's ok! He's doing his job out there, and holding his own well as a rookie. 

4. This team does have veterans, but I think a veteran in the right place, with the right skill set, certainly could turn things around. The cap will for sure be the big obstacle to a potential move, however. 

5. I'm sure the people of Britain are thrilled that so much money is being spent on her funeral while they struggle.

6. As long as he can smile and wave, he'll be alright. Not like there's much else for him to do, being a monarch ain't what it used to be. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 8:01 AM, Agito said:

Press_Conference_1.png

1. It hasn’t gone the best, but I certainly haven't played poorly. I'd rather have won more games, but it's something great to build on for next season. 

2. It's always a plus to work well with your teammates, and the blue liners have done really nicely with that this season. Really quality group.

3. I think we lacked experience at the start of the season and it really slowed us down, but as our young core developed, things really turned around quickly. It was great to see!

4. I really don't know what to say other than he'll be missed on the ice, for he was an important building block to this team that will now suddenly be gone. 

5. It was one of the strongest in recent memory, and hit an area of Florida that usually doesn't get the direct hit of what was virtually a Category Five hurricane. It's a miracle that more people weren't killed.

6. It's a necessary move for the Islanders, Barzy is way too talented to let go. I think he has more maturing to do, but he is as skilled as anyone in the league when he's on his game. 

8 hours ago, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

1. As a goalie, that's a much tougher situation to handle. Depending on where the contact happens, you can't respond without costing your team penalties. But when the guy comes onto our side of the blue line... all bets are off. 

2. Maxim Desny had a .941 save percentage in his one season in Toronto, Greg Clegane averaged .933 as a member of the Legion, and Alex Gegeny posted a .940 in S8. 

3. I would name it after a longtime Toronto player, such as Jack Sound or Remy LeBeau.

4. Curses only work if you believe in them. This was the result of having a young team, and we'll be back stronger next year!

5. It's hard to predict Arizona to suddenly hockey well, but there's a lot of young talent such as Cole Caufield in Montreal that leads to optimism for them to be better this season. 

6. It's hard to really get into it until we know the full story. I don't think it sounds good at all, but Ian deserves the opportunity to explain his side and have his day to defend himself. I'll reserve judgement until that happens. 

• 2 weeks later...

1 - Sakamoto is a fighter when the situation demands it.

2 - Maxie D, as Doomsday mentioned 

3 - Again to steal from Doomsday, having one named for a long time Legion player makes sense. Maybe dedication to the game or some such 

4 - I certainly hope not. I don't want Ryuji to have a similar postseason career to Trivium.

5 - Montreal, because I think ultimately Arizona is going to push hard with the Hawks and Sharks for Bedard. 

6 - It sounds really bad, doesn't it? I tend to believe the victim until it's proven that you can't believe them, so if it's true, well, Cole's future is less about ice and more about being forced to introduce himself to all of his neighbors as being on an offender list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 11:19 PM, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

yo this is really high quality, I like it!

1. It's a toss up between going to check on him or fighting the guy who hit him, even if it was a clean hit.

2. I'm sure Toronto has had a goalie be somewhere in the .930%, I know Hexy's best was a .920%.

3. The Peace award.

4. It does feel that way doesn't it? It's been a rough time in Toronto for a while, even though there have been some better seasons in there.

5. I'd say Montreal, I think they have some high skilled players that are still developing.

6. I almost forgot about this, I didn't believe it myself, just came out of the blue which I guess most things like this do.

Questions!

1) what have you been up to during this extended offseason?

2) what has your player been up to during this extended offseason?

3) if your player couldn't play anymore, what would they do with their time?

4) Powerball on my mind: how much money would you personally "need" to be comfortable enough to retire?

5) Would you actually retire, or would you still work because you enjoy it or to stay busy?

6) Legion predictions for this upcoming season.

Fine. Imma answer my own damn questions.

1 - Mostly stressing about writing .com articles

2 - Read my media, you nosy bastard

3 - Work at the Gigolo Arcade and hang out and Leblanc

4 - I think I could retire with 1m right now and be fine. To hedge my bets, let's say 1.8m.

5 - I would use the opportunity to re-focus on writing

6 - We win more games than we lose and squeak into the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

:tor: Toronto Legion Press Conference :tor:

1. Toronto is currently in a playoff spot despite it being early. Can we hang on all season and make the playoffs despite having a -1 goal differential?

2. We are 2-0 against Calgary and we play them next. What is your prediction for the season series (7 games) between the Canadian rivals?

3. We were shut out by Los Angeles in the last game. Who will score the next goal for the Legion?

4. Alessio Simeoni @Alesime scored our first overtime goal of the season in a 4-3 win over Helsinki. Who will score Toronto's next OT winner?

5. With two goals already this season, Kyle Peace @Peace needs two more to move ahead of Jakub Kjellberg for 10th All-Time among Toronto goal-scorers. 32 more goals will move him into 7th past Lars Berger. Will he make it this season?

6. What is your goal song this season?

Edited by animal74

• 1 month later...

1. The Legion are ushering in a new era with new management, a legion of young players, and are trying build a championship team.  What do you think should be a priority for Toronto this season?

2. In what area will you be most focused on training up this off-season?

3. Are you involved in any of the off-season tournaments going on (World Cup, World Juniors, Junior Showcase)? How do you think your team will do?

4. Do you have any ideas to promote more activity in the locker room?

5. Is your player going to be drafted shortly? If not, what is your favorite memory of drafts past?

6. Who is your favorite NHL team? Are you happy with their performance so far?

Have a great day!

(2 TPE for answering all six questions)

1. How long have you been involved in the VHL? How many players have you created?

2. What has been your favorite/most memorable VHL experience so far?

3. What was the impetus behind your current player (name, position, country)?

4. You're coordinating the next Legion team-building day. What do we do?

5. What is an interesting piece of information you know about Toronto (aside from the home of the Leafs, Raptors, etc.)?

6. Since is it winter, besides snow, what is your favorite thing that is white?

Have a great day!

Edited by animal74

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 4:34 PM, animal74 said:

(2 TPE for answering all six questions)

1. How long have you been involved in the VHL? How many players have you created?

2. What has been your favorite/most memorable VHL experience so far?

3. What was the impetus behind your current player (name, position, country)?

4. You're coordinating the next Legion team-building day. What do we do?

5. What is an interesting piece of information you know about Toronto (aside from the home of the Leafs, Raptors, etc.)?

6. Since is it winter, besides snow, what is your favorite thing that is white?

Have a great day!

1. Since the beginning, but took like a 50 season hiatus lol.  I am now on my fifth player.

2. Every time I'm on a cup winning team it's always memorable.  But I think just coming back after so long and seeing the portal and that so many day 1 members are still here and active was a bit mind blowing.

3. Just random really, wanted to make an American player with a cool greek last name lol

4. Stay the course.  We are in rebuild mode.  The core is there but all eyes are on drafting our franchise D next draft.

5. Drake has a really cool house there.

6. Lol this is a funny question.... not going there though.  I'd say a nice clean white shoe.