New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

1. We currently sit 1st overall in the league. What do we need to do to make sure we stay there?

What is this first place you speak of? I'm not familiar with it. Umm... do good, I guess? Man, this is weird.

2. Have you changed your personal goals for the season after the first week?

Not at all, it was all about the team wins this season. And I'd say we're doing a great job of that so far all around.

3. Are you the kind of player to keep the same routine during a win streak?

I'm the type of player who keeps the same routine always, so it's actually easier for me than the more superstitious among us. Some call it boring, I call it practical.

4. What is your favourite VHL team to visit?

It's usually been D.C. for the short trip and the food, but I must say I'm happy having a London team in the league now. It'll be nice to go home.

5. What kind of music do you work out to?

You can never go wrong with a little classic rock, a little hair metal. It's easy pump up music that everyone can enjoy.

6. Who do you think has been the surprise of the season as far as the overall standings go?

Honestly it'd be D.C. for me. I didn't think they'd be top of the conference, but I also didn't think they'd be worse than some expansion teams thus far.

1. We currently sit 1st overall in the league. What do we need to do to make sure we stay there?

Keep it up. Goaltending has been stellar, really the whole team has!

A bit. I was hoping for 50 points, but now I’m over a point a game after 14 games, so maybe up to 60.

I’m not superstitious, just a little stitious.

Chicago for their deep dish

Podcasts

6. Who do you think has been the surprise of the season as far as the overall standings go?

Us!

1. We currently sit 1st overall in the league. What do we need to do to make sure we stay there?

Don't change a thing. Playing with a purpose right now.

Not really. 40/40 please. Maybe lead league in plus/minus too with the line we got going.

Absolutely. Not superstitious but maybe just a little stitious.

Davos is beautiful. And a good hockey town.

Anything but country. 

Why is DC so bad? Feel bad for them cause they bought at deadline a couple years back to build a good squad.

Week ending 8/9

New York Americans Press Conference

Slackers edition!

1. We've had a rough few sims, what do we need to do to get back on track?

2. Who is going to be our biggest competition in the coming weeks?

3. Our amazing goaltender, A Red Guy, is having an MVP-like season. What do you think his secret is?

4. Do we need to add anything to the team after seeing the results after two weeks?

5. HOCKEY IS BACK! The NHL just restarted, who do you think is winning it all?

6. If you had to choose between fighting 1 horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses, what would you choose?

2 minutes ago, Hylands said:

Week ending 8/9

New York Americans Press Conference

Slackers edition!

3. Our amazing goaltender, A Red Guy, is having an MVP-like season. What do you think his secret is?

4. Do we need to add anything to the team after seeing the results after two weeks?

6. If you had to choose between fighting 1 horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses, what would you choose?

1. execute the birb

2. ourselves

3. probably the stellar d ahead of him (MVP defense tbh)

4. more mGS

5. not canucks after that piss poor effort

6. ez. 100 duck sized horses. 

Any season will have ups and downs, and I think our ups will come again. Just need to not get too discouraged.

I know Seattle is making its way up the standings, but if I'm being real, Calgary still scares me. It might be the scars from last year's playoffs.

A bag full of unmarked bills that just happen to make their way to opposing wingers. But you didn't hear it from me.

I don't think we have the cap space to? If there's ever a year to just stay the course, think this is it.

It'll be the Blackhawks as a 12 seed. Because if there was ever a year for just batshit dumb things to happen, this is it.

Thank you, Reddit. I'll take the horse-sized duck, just seems like less work win or lose.

honestly, I think that’s just Simon T for you. I’m convinced it’s random.

Davos. Just played them and we split the games. They’re right on our tail in the standings and I think it could be a future Finals matchup for sure

Me picking him in fantasy

Keep on keeping on!

my Blues of course! So glad to have all sports back. Hope the MLB smartens up though!

1v1 is always better. I’d be overwhelmed by the 100 ducks no matter the size

1. We've had a rough few sims, what do we need to do to get back on track?

we always finish strong, so not worried. We are playing the best hockey I've ever seen us play

As always, Seattle and Calgary. I know cgy is not too hot this year but they were the better team last year so can't take them lightly.

Always has been a good or goalie. Defence in front is strongest this year. 

4. Do we need to add anything to the team after seeing the results after two weeks?

Nope. If second line keeps it up i.e Mr Wang then no need. First line is one of the best in the VHL

Tampa bay vs Colorado. Those two are too good.

6. If you had to choose between fighting 1 horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses, what would you choose?

Horse sized duck. I don't think I could beat up 1 mini horse in good conscience, let alone 100

NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE

Week Ending 8/16

NEW AGM DLAMB EDITION

1. After 40 games, we are 26-10-4. (1st in NA!) How do you feel about the team's play up to this point?

2. Who would be the NYA MVP if the season ended today?

3. How satisfied are you with your performance thus far? 

4. Which NYA Prospect are you most excited to see jump to the bigs?

5. The S73 WJC is coming up. Which team do you want to see win? (Canada, USA, Asia, Europe or World)

6. What's the bigger IRL upset, Chicago beating Edmonton or Montreal beating Pittsburgh? (We all expected the Leafs to lose ;))

1. After 40 games, we are 26-10-4. (1st in NA!) How do you feel about the team's play up to this point?

Love it. Amazing season from all.

A Red Guy!

Really happy. Almost point per game, which is way more than expected.

Im not aware of any to be honest! I’ll have to have a look.

5. The S73 WJC is coming up. Which team do you want to see win? (Canada, USA, Asia, Europe or World)

Canada always

6. What's the bigger IRL upset, Chicago beating Edmonton or Montreal beating Pittsburgh? (We all expected the Leafs to lose ;))

Montreal winning. Happy for them though, my dad is a big Habs fan.

1. After 40 games, we are 26-10-4. (1st in NA!) How do you feel about the team's play up to this point?

I'm feeling alright right now. A bit of a downswing after a strong start, but being first in the conference, can't argue against that.

Our strong start has to be directly tied to A Red Guy. He was the MVP of the first quarter of the season, and even now, he's made such a large leap over last year.

Solidly satisfied. Don't think I'm going for any awards unlike last season, but I've always been more about the team play anyway.

I'm ready to see what the next generation of goalie has to bring. Whether that's Bacon or Conway, it's time to be thinking about the future past Red Guy.

I'm a UK guy, it has to be the Europe team. Always the underdog, but I think my guys can bring it home.

6. What's the bigger IRL upset, Chicago beating Edmonton or Montreal beating Pittsburgh?

Having lived in Chicago for a while, it's always nice to see the Blackhawks do well. Though to be honest, it's never really an upset to see Edmonton lose either...

On 8/10/2020 at 12:03 AM, dlamb said:

Week Ending 8/16

NEW AGM DLAMB EDITION

6. What's the bigger IRL upset, Chicago beating Edmonton or Montreal beating Pittsburgh? (We all expected the Leafs to lose ;))

1. Playing as expected (which is good). We usually play below expectations...

2. I'll go with Acyd. A bonafide 1C that's helping out everywhere.

3. Meh. I've slumped hard and team followed. Playoffs all that matter to me.

4. Whoever wants it the most. Young guys are fun to play with but they gotta earn their spot.

5. Europe or Asia.

6. Both pretty big but I'll go with Habs over Pens. Chicago at least looks like a playoff team on paper, Habs are still so young.

Week Ending 8/23

1. It's definitely been rough sledding lately for NYA, going 3-7-0 in our last 10. If you were GM, would you make changes or just wait for better results?

2a. If answering this before the Trade Deadline, what moves do you expect from the team?

2b. If answering after the deadline, how would you rate the team's deadline? Anything you'd do different?

3. The VHL draft is slowly sneaking up on us. Any prospects catch your eye?

4. The biggest surprise of the VHL season thus far is...?

5. Theme week just passed, talking about future players/recreates. If you had to come up with a name for your recreate, what would it be?

6. The NHL playoffs are officially underway! Who are you cheering for?

1. It's definitely been rough sledding lately for NYA, going 3-7-0 in our last 10. If you were GM, would you make changes or just wait for better results?

We just gotta tough it out and hope to play better.

2a. If answering this before the Trade Deadline, what moves do you expect from the team?

Team's kinda set where it is from a financial standpoint, if we're gonna win the cup this is the squad that's gonna make it happen.

Quite a few. ?

Helsinki's performance this season for sure, they've been on fire the last 30 games or so.

5. Theme week just passed, talking about future players/recreates. If you had to come up with a name for your recreate, what would it be?

I went through quite an ordeal to not have to make that decision and after two polls ended in ties I ended up having to anyways. ?

6. The NHL playoffs are officially underway! Who are you cheering for?

Go Devils! Oh wait, they suck, so I'll cheer for Chicago and Kirby With No Shoes.

It's always so up and down. I wouldn't mind seeing the depth chart shake up a bit though, just to see what hits. Especially on the PP and PK.

We're right at the cap, and I don't expect too much. I think the rebuild starts after this, and we wouldn't want to jeopardize that.

I have to say Doug Dimmadome for team purposes, right?

I thought Vancouver would be better than worst non-expansion team. It's been a bit of a downswing there.

R.E. Create, naturally.

Well, it would have been the Wild. Then the Blackhawks. But I guess realistically now Philly? Get to see some friends happy at least.

1. It's definitely been rough sledding lately for NYA, going 3-7-0 in our last 10. If you were GM, would you make changes or just wait for better results?

I just blame Simon T. Don’t think anything has changed, our players have only gotten better. Wouldn’t make any changes.

After I think. I don’t expect any moves.

2b. If answering after the deadline, how would you rate the team's deadline? Anything you'd do different?

Don’t think we did anything, so no!

No one specific, but we’re definitely losing Burn and Red Guy due to old age. Hopefully we can get an active player to replaced either. Our prospect cupboard is quite bare.
We legit have two active prospects and they’re both goalies.

Our late season slide. Thought we had it figured out 

That’s a tough one. You only get one shot, so it has to be good. My first player was German, Hans Gruber. This name is a play on words, little bit silly. I’d probably go with something normal. Nothing crazy. Maybe I’ll make a Canadian with a regular name lol

GO BLUES!!!

On 8/17/2020 at 12:07 AM, dlamb said:

Week Ending 8/23

1. Wait, simon's on its period

2b. Wonderful, there was really nothing to do, you guys are going hard.

3. Uhhh how about . . .patrick laine!

4. This utter domination.

5. Secret.

6. Nobody. Unless its the CAPs 2nd favorite team

On 8/17/2020 at 12:07 AM, dlamb said:

Week Ending 8/23

1. Doesn't hurt to try to figure things out ahead of playoffs. But we're in a pretty safe spot still standings-wise, so IMG good either way.

2. I'm not sure we did anything which seems fair to me. Not sure we need anything.

3. Whoever wants to help us win a cup is welcome.

4. Gunnar going off. Great season from a great player, just unfortunately on a bad team 

5. So many classic Sharks players to choose from if I wanted to go that route again. Not sure if I would though.

6. Go "anyone but Vegas"! So Vancouver now I guess... hoping for a Not Vegas vs Not Boston finals.

Edited by studentized

Week Ending 8/30

1. We're hot! 7-3-0 in our last 10! Is the team peaking too early or getting hot at the perfect time?

2. What is your favourite Article/Graphic you have seen this season?

3. The standings show we are locked in to a 1st Round against Calgary. How do you feel about that?

4. Well, the season ends this week. How happy are you with your season overall?

5. Which VHLM team is a Dark Horse to win?

6. Another NHL question: Playoffs are down to 8 teams! Who's winning the cup?

1. We're hot! 7-3-0 in our last 10! Is the team peaking too early or getting hot at the perfect time?

Here's to hoping it's peaking at the perfect time. Don't mind a little positive momentum going into the playoffs.

Haven't done many, but the Theme Week talking about the best time to recreate was fun. I like meta stuff like that.

3. The standings show we are locked in to a 1st Round against Calgary. How do you feel about that?

It always would've been nice to be the one seed, but at least we get a chance for revenge from last season so I won't argue.

I was hoping New York could fight for best record in the league, but it isn't bad overall. The playoffs will determine a lot more for me.

Having not paid attention to the M at all, I'll say Minnesota. Gotta represent the home state.

I'll say Vancouver to purposefully jinx them so they don't end up winning.

It's always good to carry some momentum into the postseason, especially considering how rough things got for a bit there.

Anything Muffbeav-related.

Definitely not the easiest matchup, and it sucks to be down 3-2 right now, but I still believe!

It's nice that A Red Guy randomly ended his career with a strong, potentially Shaw-worthy season. But all that matters right now is winning that cup.

I would've said Las Vegas, but the Aces unfortunately just fell against Minnesota. :(

I will continue to believe that the Devils will win the cup this season until someone can prove otherwise!

NcUcFyt.png NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE NcUcFyt.png

Week Ending 9/6

1. Writing these questions, currently 3-2 down to Calgary. Say 1 nice thing about them. (If you can)

2. What is one memory from this season that sticks out to you?

3. What's the best bagel shop in NYC?

4. If you could be VHL commissioner for a day, what would be your first move?

5. September is upon us! Anything going on in your personal life? (School, etc.)

6. I'll stick with the last question being an NHL one. Nominate an NHL player who should win the Conn Smythe Trophy. (Playoff MVP)

1. Writing these questions, currently 3-2 down to Calgary. Say 1 nice thing about them. (If you can)

ummmm...they have a nice logo

Our finish. We started to suck a bit after our hot start but really picked it back up at the end

The one that sells the bagel holes. 

Fix the lotto so NYA gets the first overall pick next year to kick start our rebuild

5. September is upon us! Anything going on in your personal life? (School, etc.)

Just had my second child! So quite busy with that.

6. I'll stick with the last question being an NHL one. Nominate an NHL player who should win the Conn Smythe Trophy. (Playoff MVP)

Wish it was my Blues in the finals. Anyone else, I don’t care about. No winner because no one is an MVP to me.

jk probably someone from Tampa because I see them finally winning.

1. Writing these questions, currently 3-2 down to Calgary. Say 1 nice thing about them.

I went through the Calgary airport once. Tim Horton's is sweet.

The championship we're going to win. But for now, that hot start was pretty sweet, and such a change from the slow starts of seasons past.

See, I know you're not a New Yorker because you say shop, when the real answer is the food court outside a random office in the middle of December.

16 isn't enough teams. We need 32 - let's see this puppy be a real NHL contender.

Well, I have all these plans to go out and do things and party and *immediately gets struck with COVID*

6. I'll stick with the last question being an NHL one. Nominate an NHL player who should win the Conn Smythe Trophy. (Playoff MVP)

Having paid very little attention with the Blackhawks and Wild both being out, I'll say Varlamov because the Islanders winning would be great.