New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

1. Who on the team would you want to host a summer barbecue and why?

Me! Nothing better than a beautiful bbq on the east coast of Canada!

2. Who on the team would you keep as far away from the grill as possible?

Also me. I’m the host, not the cook!

3. What would you toss on the grill as your own contribution?
BBQ hamburgers man, nothing better!

4. At this summer barbecue, what's your go-to drink?

Just a beer kind of guy. Mixture of my favourite beers from my go to craft beer spot.

5. What's one food item you absolutely hate seeing on the grill and why?

Not much that I won’t eat off of the bbq. Pork chops maybe?

6. If you had a hot dog eating contest at this barbecue, who would win?

Former teammate Boris The Forest. Dude is a giant! Need to eat a lot of dogs to sustain that body

10 hours ago, Spartan said:

Alright folks, we're Week 2 into the offseason, and it already feels like forever. Here are some questions, and the theme is food!

1. Who on the team would you want to host a summer barbecue and why?

Now that I've talked about food for a while, I'm hungry. While you're answering these, I'm going to go grab a snack!

1. me because i make the best icelandic food, like shark dong (look it up)

2. as a rookie i have to get to learn everyone so i'd say no one right now

3. the aforementioned shark dong, my favorite food

4. probably la croix seltzer since i'm that one guy

5. none. i like eating

6. me because i like eating. a lot. 

1. Who on the team would you want to host a summer barbecue and why?

It's gotta be the guy with the most money, right? So I'm going MGS - he's been getting those high salaries for a while now.

If we're being real, the answer is me. I have a status as a large goon to uphold, thank you.

Since I'm British, there's nothing like some fresh fish to throw on there. Grilled fish and chips? Yes please.

It has to be light and refreshing since it's summer, so a whiskey lemonade should do the trick.

What is kale supposed to be anyway? Isn't it just a weed? And why would you have that when there are so many other good veggies to choose from?

You know - if I could hold my nose and do it, sure. But actually not much of a hot dog guy, get me in a burger contest instead and I'll take you down. I'll give it to Hugh Jass in this case.

1. Who on the team would you want to host a summer barbecue and why?

I feel like Yamazuki could do some great things on the BBQ maybe even go teppanyaki style

Probably myself, I worry what I might set on fire!

I could probably manage some small hot dogs or maybe toast the buns a bit. 

1. Who on the team would you want to host a summer barbecue and why?

Flowers has the weight so probably knows how to eat like a king.

2. Who on the team would you keep as far away from the grill as possible?

Hugh Jass has a tendency for knocking things over.

Corn on the cob, asparagus, peppers. Grilled veggies for days.

Been crushing margaritas lately so why stop now.

Put whatever you want, just keep it away from my veggies lol.

Its always the small guys that win those, so Ryo maybe.

:nya: We're just about in S72 folks! Here are some questions to mull over before we hit the ice! :nya: 

1. Did you tune into the VHL Draft on Saturday? If so, what was the biggest highlight to you?

2. We were able to draft 3 rookies on Saturday. What advice would you give them as a player who has been around the league for at least a season?

3. What are your thoughts on the quality of @Esso2264's streams?

4. Training Camp officially opens up today. What are you looking forward to working on the most while on ice for the first time this season?

5. If you haven't already, sign up for the VHFL here! Which player would you definitely try to draft for your fantasy team?

6. Victor posted a poll asking which team would miss the playoffs in each conference. Who do you think they'll be and why?

6 hours ago, Spartan said:

:nya: We're just about in S72 folks! Here are some questions to mull over before we hit the ice! :nya: 

1. Did you tune into the VHL Draft on Saturday? If so, what was the biggest highlight to you?

2. We were able to draft 3 rookies on Saturday. What advice would you give them as a player who has been around the league for at least a season?

4. Training Camp officially opens up today. What are you looking forward to working on the most while on ice for the first time this season?

5. If you haven't already, sign up for the VHFL here! Which player would you definitely try to draft for your fantasy team?

6. Victor posted a poll asking which team would miss the playoffs in each conference. Who do you think they'll be and why?

1. I was drafted into 42nd in the vhl 

I didn't really expect it, so it is a huge highlight, shoutout the gm's and staff of NY americans.

2. Im all ears to the advice.

3.He's a darn good streamer.

4. Improving, i want to make a big impact and become a hall of famer.

5. Im not sure, im currently in the midst of researching the best.

6. Tronto and New mexico 

I haven't really heard much hype around them, plus, its gonna take them some time to rebuild after a last place season.

1. Did you tune into the VHL Draft on Saturday? If so, what was the biggest highlight to you?

didnt even know it was on lolN

Just keep grinding. Being a rookie can be tough but the reward is there for the taking!

3. What are your thoughts on the quality of @Esso2264's streams?

He is the “Ninja” of VHL draft streams

Gotta get those points up next year! Hopefully scoring

Had success with Ambrose Stark last year. Probably grab him again 

6. Victor posted a poll asking which team would miss the playoffs in each conference. Who do you think they'll be and why?

I think I picked DC and maybe Riga? Can’t remember who the EUR team was.

DC I guess because they were close to us last year and we are making the playoffs so, we have to pass someone!

I didn't particularly after we traded out, but I'm glad to see it went well. Welcome to all the new players joining the Americans!

Don't be afraid to ask for some help if you need it. Especially as a younger player it can be easy to feel overwhelmed, but both the Americans and your minor league team are always happy to give advice and chip in.

3. What are your thoughts on the quality of Esso's streams?

Haven't been able to catch too many unfortunately, but I hope to soon. So I'll say for now that they're absolutely spectacular and I wouldn't change a thing.

It's been a while since I've worked on my Checking ability, but forget it, I'm going all in. 200 penalty minutes, here I come.

Well, considering that hits and shots blocked are always at a premium, I'd pick somebody who's great at both. You know, like Lance Flowers.

6. Victor posted a poll asking which team would miss the playoffs in each conference. Who do you think they'll be and why?

Not us, that's for sure. For North America (which is who I pay more attention to), I'll pick Seattle, just because I think it'd be funny.

1. I did not watch the VHL draft because I was not aware you could

2. I am a rookie myself so I do not have much advice personally 

3.I was not aware he streamed

4.I am looking forward on working on my skating ability 

5. I think i would pickup John Brewitt lol

6.I am very new to this league I am not even sure the other teams yet!

I did not but it always exciting to see young talent get drafted!

Just keep grinding away. Your career will have and ups and downs but try your best to stay positive. 

3. What are your thoughts on the quality of Esso's streams?
Haven't watched myself but I should check it out one of these days!

I'm starting to get the the point where upgrading some more of the peripheral skills are the only options available. 

Hopefully I can snag Jet Jaguar for my team! Would also be great to graft a NYA player like Lance Flowers.

It won't be us this year that's for sure! 

On 5/18/2020 at 2:03 AM, Spartan said:

1. No i did not, therefore I have no highlight

2. Just work hard I guess and you'll get a callup as soon as possible

3. I don't watch esso's streams so I can't judge

4. Probably faceoffs; I was told I may play at center this season so I needed to put some work in there

5. Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Just a beast all-around. 

6. I think it'll be Moscow and Vancouver since I feel both are the weakest teams in their divisions

1. Did you tune into the VHL Draft on Saturday? If so, what was the biggest highlight to you?

I did not tune in, but good too see us getting fresh faces in.

2. We were able to draft 3 rookies on Saturday. What advice would you give them as a player who

has been around the league for at least a season?

Just keep on earning and have a fun year in the M. Probably will see them next season if I'm still with NY.

3. What are your thoughts on the quality of @Esso2264's streams?

May have tuned in once I think for a draft a couple seasons back. Not really sure what else he streams.

Just keeping in shape. Taking care of the body so I can stick around a few more seasons.

5. If you haven't already, sign up for the VHFL here! Which player would you definitely try to draft for your fantasy team?

Always draft HHH if you can. Foreskin, ARG, and Flowers from NY

I picked DC and Helsinki. DC overperformed last year imo so hoping for a regression. 

On 5/18/2020 at 3:03 AM, Spartan said:

1. No I was watching TV, which also made me unavailable to host my own stream.

2. Leadership is important, always betray your team.

3. They suck, could be a lot better if he let me sing during them.

4. Pass the puck.

5.The best ones.

6.New York, you guys suckkkkk.

:nya: A week into S72 and we've had mixed results. Let's break it down! :nya:

1. Due to Esso's conflict with work, AGM Spartan submitted lines for the first two games of S72. What were your thoughts on my line management debut?

2. Realized that I never asked this key question, but what is your goal for this season?

3. After 7 games, what are your thoughts on the team's performances?

4. What have you been most proud about your performance so far?

5. What are you going to try to improve the most after our first slate of games?

6. Lastly, what are your thoughts on our captain selections (which can be found here)?

1. Due to Esso's conflict with work, AGM Spartan submitted lines for the first two games of S72. What were your thoughts on my line management debut?  

I must admit I have not paid attention to your lines, but the lines used for the last two games are better as you are now on a 2 game winning streak

2. Realized that I never asked this key question, but what is your goal for this season?

I hope to have a shot at some individual awards as the team is in full rebuild mode

Currently in a playoff spot, so hopefully for you guys can make it this year

The amount of points I have put up so far this season despite not winning too much games

5. What are you going to try to improve the most after our first slate of games?

I will only bank my TPE to fight regression, so I wont upgrade anything right now

6. Lastly, what are your thoughts on our captain selections (which can be found here)?

I think you have a nice group of captains that can make New York proud.

Thanks guys for loaning your press conference as @FrostBeard did not ask us questions last week! Till next time and goodluck this season.

I'm flying back to Malmo :D

well, I still haven’t scored, and it can’t be my fault. I blame upper management.

jk

40 points, 120 hits and 120 shots blocked! Want to bring some offence but be a big factor in our end.

Need a winning streak. That starts today!! Well we won yesterday, but one game is not a streak!

Been throwing the body this year. Had under a hit per game last year, think I’m up over two this time around. Small sample size though.

I want to score more. I think I have 93 scoring, so not sure why I’m not. Guess not everyone can score!

Perfection.

I must say, I thought it was a refreshing change of pace to have a winger play center. I, Lance Flowers, am extremely excited for my turn at goalie.

I just want to win, man. After a couple seasons of cruelly missing the playoffs, I don't really care about anything else right now.

It would have been nice to pick up a few of those OT wins, but all in all I can't complain too much. It's better than coming up super cold the past couple of years.

It's all about playing the hits, baby. Still being top ten in hits and shots blocked while keeping my penalty minutes manageable is a huge victory.

My offense isn't quite where I want it to be yet, I'm hoping that a few more of my passes connect in coming games.

Despite all my joking about being a bad captain, it's a big honor that I was selected. I hope to represent the Americans well on and off the ice.

Looks like we are off to a better start this season than last season, so happy to see an improvement!

Hopefully the team can contend for the cup and my player can have a solid individual season points wise. 

Could be better, could be worse. Hopefully we can work out the kinks and be a top team!

Definitely happy to see my increase in points thus far. 

Getting to a point where I am starting to max out on most important stats so not much I can do. I would lower some stats if I could to help improve my play but will probably need regression to help with that.

Cowboy is an awesome member with a great history, couldn't ask for a better captain! 

On 5/25/2020 at 1:55 AM, Spartan said:

:nya: A week into S72 and we've had mixed results. Let's break it down! :nya:

6. Lastly, what are your thoughts on our captain selections (which can be found here)

1) was fun watching foreskin lose all them faceoffs ? Solid lines otherwise

2) Team success all the way. Need to get back to playoffs 

3) typical of us. Suck at the start, get hot late, maybe squeak in if lucky 

4) my short lived bout with the heavyweight belt was fun. 

5) been banking but might consider putting in some training if things don't get better.

6) glad to wear the A and Flowers deserving of the C.

Always good to have an AGM that knows how lines work, good job.

To win the cup

Too small of a sample. Let's talk after 25 games are played.

I am consistent and take very few penalties.

I am learning a new way to tape up my stick.

6. Lastly, what are your thoughts on our captain selections (which can be found here)

Lance is a true warrior and a great leader. Great choice.

:nya: I'm just here so I don't get fined. Presser questions for you! :nya:

1. After 22 games, we sit firmly in the middle of the rankings in the VHL, and tied with Vancouver for 4th in the NA. What are your thoughts on the team's performance?

2. Which game has been your personal favorite this season, and why?

3. Our goaler has the 4th most shots against in the league. How can we try to reduce the amount of shots on goal?

4. Esso seems to need a little motivation to keep his spirits up after our start. What would you say to the Birdman?

5. On a different note, I've been watching a show on Prime called The Expanse. Good Sci-Fi show. Anyone have anything they're watching right now?

6. This time on a similar note, I'm always looking for music recs. What's a song you have on repeat right now?

1. I think we could be doing better but glad to bve where we are

2. The 5th game because of how well we played as a team

3. Get bigger defensemen

4. Don't worry once I come up from the minort we'll be winning the cup.

5. Ozark

6. Welcome to the party or Dior by Pop Smoke

9 hours ago, Spartan said:

:nya: I'm just here so I don't get fined. Presser questions for you! :nya:

1. After 22 games, we sit firmly in the middle of the rankings in the VHL, and tied with Vancouver for 4th in the NA. What are your thoughts on the team's performance?

3. Our goaler has the 4th most shots against in the league. How can we try to reduce the amount of shots on goal?

4. Esso seems to need a little motivation to keep his spirits up after our start. What would you say to the Birdman?

5. On a different note, I've been watching a show on Prime called The Expanse. Good Sci-Fi show. Anyone have anything they're watching right now?

6. This time on a similar note, I'm always looking for music recs. What's a song you have on repeat right now?

1) will be a tight race again this year. Hopefully we come out on top. Playoffs in S69 were fun

2) I scored a shorty in one game. They've all been fun (moreso when we win)

3) hey if it works, it works. ARG having another good year so not hurting us too much yet

4) the more you try to understand the sim the less it makes sense lol. Just ride it out and let whatever happens happen

5) Expanse is on my to watch list. We've still got so much to watch though, it's overwhelming. Finally got to watching Parasite last night. Good watch, though not horror like I expected

6) Marc Rebillet live streams have been a weekly staple in our house for the past couple months. Every song is improv-ed so no specific rec

Hopefully we can improve and make a push up the standings in the latter half of the season. 

After a long offseason just being able to get back on the ice for the first game of the season was great!

I suggest everyone gets their scoring and defense to 99 while keeping passing and skating low.