New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

1. After 22 games, we sit firmly in the middle of the rankings in the VHL, and tied with Vancouver for 4th in the NA. What are your thoughts on the team's performance?

A few games later, about the same. Wishing we were higher up, but there's still a lot of time left to play.

2. Which game has been your personal favorite this season, and why?

It's recent, but Freeman going off against Vancouver in his very first game with us - followed by my game winning goal! - was a whole lot of fun.

3. Our goaler has the 4th most shots against in the league. How can we try to reduce the amount of shots on goal?

Well somebody told me I should have fewer penalty minutes this year, so I can't just beat everyone up like I want to...

4. Esso seems to need a little motivation to keep his spirits up after our start. What would you say to the Birdman?

Honestly, with all going on in the world, we all need a little more to have our spirits up. We just need to keep smiling and work - there's nothing else we can do.

5. On a different note, I've been watching a show on Prime called The Expanse. Good Sci-Fi show. Anyone have anything they're watching right now?

Not really, it's been mostly video games for me. Got back into Civilization recently, which is dangerous and cuts into my practice time.

6. This time on a similar note, I'm always looking for music recs. What's a song you have on repeat right now?

The new Run the Jewels album came out a few days ago, that's what it's been for me. Been a fan for a while, and it's right in line with their old stuff.

1. After 22 games, we sit firmly in the middle of the rankings in the VHL, and tied with Vancouver for 4th in the NA. What are your thoughts on the team's performance?

I think we’ve been okay. Need to go on a run, similar to our end to last season. 

2. Which game has been your personal favorite this season, and why?

Two games ago against DC? I had two goals and two assists. Definitely the best offensive game for myself in the big leagues.

3. Our goaler has the 4th most shots against in the league. How can we try to reduce the amount of shots on goal?

Need to get better possession. The more we have the puck, the less they do #math

4. Esso seems to need a little motivation to keep his spirits up after our start. What would you say to the Birdman?

Don’t worry about a thing! Every little thing, gonna be alright!

5. On a different note, I've been watching a show on Prime called The Expanse. Good Sci-Fi show. Anyone have anything they're watching right now?

Space force! Really enjoying it

6. This time on a similar note, I'm always looking for music recs. What's a song you have on repeat right now?

Been watching a lot of Sesame Street this week. How about Elmo’s cover of The Beatles hit, “Drive My Car”? (Yes it’s real lol!)

:nya:More press conference questions!:nya:

(For the week starting 6/8)

1. Mastermind GM Esso made a whirlwind of a trade this week. What are your thoughts on it?

2. As veterans of the Americans, what advice would you give our new player, RJ?

3. We're only 1 point behind Vancouver with a game in hand. What can we do as a team to leapfrog them?

4. With the trades this week, we're now running with only 3 defenseman. How would you shift our style of play to better assist them on defense?

5. In the past few PC's, I've asked for music and tv show references, and have them all on my list. Now, I'd like to ask what book you would recommend!

6. Keeping with the theme of literature, who is your favorite author?

1. Mastermind GM Esso made a whirlwind of a trade this week. What are your thoughts on it?

Great trade! Freeman has been a great addition. We're so close to that final spot, and I think he'll help us get over the hump.

Don't get too excited lol!

3. We're only 1 point behind Vancouver with a game in hand. What can we do as a team to leapfrog them?

Just keep it up. I feel a run coming similar to the final 15 games of last year.

4. With the trades this week, we're now running with only 3 defenseman. How would you shift our style of play to better assist them on defense?

Love it! I've seen a huge uptick in my scoring, so I think it's working wonderfully.

5. In the past few PC's, I've asked for music and tv show references, and have them all on my list. Now, I'd like to ask what book you would recommend!

Oh man, haven't done a lot of reading lately. Probably anything by Stephen King. He's my go to. Maybe 11/22/63. It's about time travel and the JFK assassination. Very cool (but long) read.

See previous answer lol! Love his style.

1. Mastermind GM Esso made a whirlwind of a trade this week. What are your thoughts on it?

Absolutely love it. We needed offensive firepower badly, and Freeman is perhaps the most qualified player in the league to bring it.

We're scrappy. We're used to playing from the bottom and getting a bit chippy, so don't be afraid to get your hands dirty in playing with the underdogs.

Beating fucking Toronto for once would be a good start. Otherwise, I think we just need to get in a rhythm and get the lines down with our new team.

I don't think we need to shift it much, actually. We'll need to cycle people through to make sure everyone is rested, but all three of us are highly capable.

Especially given recent events, books that analyze race relations in a thoughtful way are high on my list. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nahesi Coates is a recent favorite.

In general, I really like Cormac McCarthy. Westerns are generally not my jam, but his prose is beautiful, and I love his psychological looks inside the minds of largely broken men.

Happy to have Freeman onboard, hope he can help the team push further towards the playoffs!

Just keep working hard and doing your best to help the team out!

Hopefully we can improve defensively to limit the amount of goals scored on us.

i think it was a heist, getting a star in freeman and some draft capital is a great move

hell, he's more of a vet than i am, so i'd just say welcome to the team

score more goals. get the offense going

play the more defensive-inclined players more minutes to ensure that back end is stocked

none, i'm not a voracious reader so i can't really recommend anything

no one really, see last question for an explanation why 

On 6/7/2020 at 8:22 PM, Spartan said:

:nya:More press conference questions!:nya:

(For the week starting 6/8)

1. Mastermind GM Esso made a whirlwind of a trade this week. What are your thoughts on it?

1. Happy to get a great player. Even happier to take them from the competition. Playoffs!

2. Dude doesn't need advice from us lol. If anything, we all need to play more like him.

3. Get them to trade HHH ;)

4. Give our studs more time. Have 3 really, really good ones.

5. It's been a scary long time since I've read anything but a textbook. A couple of years at least, so can't help you there (unless your into some higher level math)

6. Hard to pick a favourite out of so many greats. Michael Crichton has some really solid reads; Sphere comes to mind.

New AGM, new press conference questions.

Let's get the week started off right!

1. Esso pulled off another trade, acquiring Acyd Burn from Davos. Is this the final piece we need to make a Cup run?

2. We have finally started to play like the team we knew we could be. What do you think the reason for that is?

3. What do you think we should focus on as a team to solidify a playoff spot for this season?

4. Are you happy with how you are performing just past the half way mark of the season?

5. What's your favourite way to relieve some stress on your off days?

6. Have you picked up any new skills and/or hobbies during this isolation period?

8 hours ago, Hylands33 said:

1. Esso pulled off another trade, acquiring Acyd Burn from Davos. Is this the final piece we need to make a Cup run?

2. We have finally started to play like the team we knew we could be. What do you think the reason for that is?

3. What do you think we should focus on as a team to solidify a playoff spot for this season?

4. Are you happy with how you are performing just past the half way mark of the season?

6. Have you picked up any new skills and/or hobbies during this isolation period?

1. Yes and he seems like a great teammate excited to play more with him and get some chemistry.

2. I think you just needed one or two pieces to tip the scales.

3. I think we need to try other team strategies while we have a good buffer on other teams. Otherwise if we need to change in the playoffs it will be too late.

4. Yes and no. I was on a tear for a while and would like to get back to getting more points.

5. I like to code and work on some fun project for and with friends.

6. I started playing world of warcraft. not a skill but def a hobby.

I'd like to think so. I'm extremely happy with Esso going all in as much as possible this year, and I'm hoping it ends up with a big win.

It's been a New York tradition for years to start off slow then work our way into winning. But with the addition of Freeman and Burn, there's just a new energy around the club this year.

Scoring, scoring and more scoring. I really want to get Freeman another trophy for most goals. And if we do that, the rest will fall into place.

About what I expected, to be honest. Solid offensively, competing for Defensive Defenseman once again, and getting some wins is good by me.

Is it bad to say food? But if we're being real, a good pizza will relieve a lot more stress than anything else.

Not really, just some time for old hobbies that I hadn't had as much time for previously. Reading, video games, long walks with the dog - it can seem boring at times, but it's more just peaceful for me.

1. Hopefully this is the final piece we need

2.i think the addition of new guys through trades has definitely increased our performance 

3.working as a team and increasing our chemistry 

4. I am happy with my performance for the hounds 

5. Listen to loud music and just melt away lol

6. No not really just mostly self reflecting 

On 6/14/2020 at 10:35 PM, Hylands33 said:

2. One reason. MGS. He is something special. 

4. NO. Was one of the worst starts ever. Have really ramped up lately. MGS going for the #1 D scoring spot.

6. Does arguing with the staff on this site count? Procrastinator skills have quadrupled tho. 

I definitely hope so, we seem to be trending upwards and that should help us with a cup run.

Probably just a better mix of players working together. 

Get as prepared defensively as we can for some tough playoff series. 

On 6/15/2020 at 12:35 AM, Hylands33 said:

1) I'll take it for the first playoff birth in 3 seasons. Cup would be nice but still lots of competition

2) Good roster assembled. Lots of guys at their peak. Simon T might not hate us

3) figure out how to  beat the good teams. Don't worry about the DC, Van, Tor. Focus on lines that match up well against Sea and Cal

4) Having the best year of my career. Bigger challenge is to maintain a similar pace for the next two

5) Blast music. Get drunk. Still sucks the next day but not because of stress.

6) Definitely a better cook. Haven't ordered in a very long time. The wife is still leagues ahead of me though

Week ending 6/28

New York Americans Press Conference

Push for the playoffs edition!

1. We just can't seem to get any solid momentum going, what do we need to do to get a win streak started?

2. We're chasing Seattle right now for home ice advantage in the playoffs. How big of an advantage does that home ice bring?

3. How are you preparing yourself for the playoffs this season?

4. What skills are you working on as a player right now?

5. Piggy backing off that last question, what do you think is your biggest strength as a hockey player?

6. If you were chosen as the pre-game DJ to get the team pumped before a game, which song would you play?

1 hour ago, Hylands33 said:

Week ending 6/28

1. We just can't seem to get any solid momentum going, what do we need to do to get a win streak started?

2. We're chasing Seattle right now for home ice advantage in the playoffs. How big of an advantage does that home ice bring?

5. Piggy backing off that last question, what do you think is your biggest strength as a hockey player?

6. If you were chosen as the pre-game DJ to get the team pumped before a game, which song would you play?

1. I think I just need to go and crush it in the next few games. I need to score like my life depends on it. If I can do that I think we can get back on the winning streak that got us back into the playoff race.

2. I think if we play our game correctly home ice vs away doesn't matter. If we go player by player I like us better but if we don't play our game we will lose every time.

3. Shotting lots and lots of shooting.

4. My shot. Its the one thing that I have been great at my entire career and if I just keep it going I think great things might happen.

5. My Shot again. Its what I have been known for, its why Managmenet wanted to bring me in. Its what I am best at.

6. I would put on Metric - Synthetica, the whole album. 

1. I think we need to instill some confidence in our goalie and our group

2. I think Home Ice Advantage can be the difference in winning the series or going home

3. I'm making sure to put extra TPE into leadership, Defence, and Scoring

4.Scoring and Strength are my main goals right now. I would like to get Scoring to atleast 80 and my strength to 70

5. I think it would be my scoring and puck handling 

6.The Final Countdown

I've found that exorcisms really help. We're in New York City, I'm sure that we can have someone perform one at center ice for pretty cheap.

I'll use my agency's own experience with Seattle to say - not really. McAllister was never above a third seed his entire career, and ended up winning two titles and two Playoff MVPs. Just need to make it to have a chance.

It's more mental than anything else. After we've worked so hard to get to this goal, we can't take our foot off the gas. With preparation and planning, we need to be working harder than ever.

Honestly, it's more conditioning to stave off the affects of age right now. I know my skills will start to atrophy soon, and I want to get in front of that trend.

It's all about the checking for me. It's been nice to have a career high in goals and points, but being up there in shots blocked and hits is an even bigger part of my game.

See, this is why you don't want it to be me - because I'd troll. So I hope everybody enjoys What's Up by the 4 Non-Blondes.

Just got to keep trying our best and hopefully the wins will come!

Hmm I don't think the advantage is that big of a deal. If we are the better team we can win.

Working on my defense and getting a lot of pucks on net!

1. We just can't seem to get any solid momentum going, what do we need to do to get a win streak started?

I think we’re doing okay. Can’t win em all. Happy to be in a playoff spot!

2. We're chasing Seattle right now for home ice advantage in the playoffs. How big of an advantage does that home ice bring?

Best fans in da league! I don’t think we’ll catch them after yesterday’s two big Ls. So 3rd place it is.

Training hard! Every TPE counts at this point. 

Trying to get PH/SK to 90

I think my player is a great PP weapon. Showed it in the minors, and he’s scored a large chunk of the 17 career VHL goals from there. When he gets more playing time as a #1 option.

6. If you were chosen as the pre-game DJ to get the team pumped before a game, which song would you play?

Some classic rock. Lep Zepplin maybe!

On 6/22/2020 at 9:31 AM, Hylands33 said:

Week ending 6/28

1. Don't necessarily need to streak to get where we want to go. Just gotta win 4 outta 7 every time.

2. Last time NY made the playoffs we faced Seattle and brought it to 7. IIRC we got called for a penalty in the last min, they scored with 30 secs left to tie, and then they won it in OT. That doesn't happen without home ice IMO.

3. Play like it's the last time I may get here again. Be the best player on the ice at all times.

4. Still just trying to condition myself to age well. I want to be just as good next season.

5. My size, getting pucks in and keeping possession 

6. Metallica - Seek and Destroy (but biased because am a Sharks fan)

On 6/22/2020 at 7:31 AM, Hylands33 said:

Week ending 6/28

1. MGS NEEDS TO FIND HIS "WORLD'S BEST HOCKEY PLAYER" MUG AND DRINK COCAINE FROM IT THEN WE WILL BE FINE. 

2. IT DONT MATTER WE ARE SLICK AS FUCK AND OBVIOUSLY TOOK IT TO THEM BOTH GAMES WE DON'T NEED AN EXTRA ADVANTAGE? DID MJ? DID KOBE? NO!

3. I DONT NEED TO PREPARE GREATNESS.

4. I AM ACTUALLY WORKING ON MAKING SKILLS WORSE BECAUSE I AM FAR TOO ELITE

5. PROBABLY THE FACT THAT I CAN PLAY HOCKEY. LOTS OF IDIOTS IN THIS LEAGUE ARE NOT GOOD AT HOCKEY SO I HAVE THAT GOING FOR ME

6. I WOULD PLAY ONE SONG AND ONE SONG ONLY: 

Week ending 7/5

Playoffs are here edition!

1. We finished 1st in our division, but 3rd in the conference, are you happy with how the team did this season?

2. We have taken a 3-1 series lead over Seattle, and have an opportunity to clinch the series in front of home fans. Just how much does that mean to you?

3. Does your pre-game routine change when playoffs arrive?

4. Our 2nd line has been doing a lot of damage to the Bears this series, what makes them so effective?

5. Do you get nervous about important playoff games, or do you treat them just like any regular season game?

6. What do you think will be the biggest factor in any playoff success we have this season?

1.I am very happy with how the team did

2. Clinching the series for the home fans would be ana amzing acomplishment fo the team and me being a rookie 

3. No not at all

4.I think the bears waste a lot of energy trying to stop our first line which allows our second line to have a better chance

5. I do get nervous but I ry hard not to show it

6. Having strong team chemistry and being able to grust each other