New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

1) We’re at the half way mark of the season, what’re your thoughts on the season so far?

Pretty disappointing overall thus far, hopefully we can turn it around in the 2nd half.

2) Did you have any personal goals for the season? If so, are you on track?

I was hoping to be a point per game player but unfortunately don't seem to be on track for that. 

3) How is your player dealing with the quarantine? 

Still putting in the work and trying to expand my cooking skills

1) Big disappointment. Personally another meh season. At least it gives hope that we can do better next year with a worse roster 

2) 60 points would be nice. On track-ish. Team goals were more important though and we failing miserably lol.

3) Stir crazy. Can't even go golfing this off season

4) Sell our souls. Never say never ... but like... never gonna happen 

5) ARG because I feel bad for him but he's stuck through. Peppered with shots and he deserves better 

6) 15-15-4, with Nolan getting to 30/30

•  

1) We’re at the half way mark of the season, what’re your thoughts on the season so far?

I'm happy with how hot we've been lately but it really sucks that the original hole was probably too deep to climb out of.

2) Did you have any personal goals for the season? If so, are you on track?

Really wanted to help lead this team back into the playoffs. Unfortunately it's not going so well.

3) How is your player dealing with the quarantine? 

A Red Guy is of the Sal Minellan race, which is immune to coronavirus. So he's been out and about.

4) What does this team need to do if we want to make a push for the playoffs?

Pray that one of Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle or DC has an epic collapse.

5) Who is your mid season MVP for our team and why?

I'm gonna go Lance Flowers, he's top 10 among defensemen in points and top 10 in the league in hits as well.

6) Give a prediction for our final half of the season. Overall team record and your personal statistics! (34 games left at the time of writing these)

Well we've been maintaining our hot streak so far, I predict we'll probably be among the top 4 teams in the league over that stretch but still finish like 5 points out of the playoffs. ?

Hello Americans! Here are some questions for you to ponder publicly for this week.

1. What are your thoughts on the new AGM hire?

2. Do you think we can make a push to sneak into the playoffs this year?

3. If you had to be stuck with one player on this team during quarantine, who would it be and why?

4. Which player/GM would you absolutely not want to be stuck with during quarantine and why?

5. With the upcoming All-Star skills competition, who would you nominate to go from our team?

6. Lastly, if you could prank one player on the team, who would it be and why?

Getting up a press conference early in the week is a good start by me, so I'm happy!

Honestly, I'm still skeptical. North America is so strong this year, and that's a lot of points to make up in 20 games. But never say never.

3. If you had to be stuck with one player on this team during quarantine, who would it be and why?

I'd want to get to know one of the new guys. Especially since my own facial hair is lacking, I could get some tips from Frostbeard about that magnificent mane.

4. Which player/GM would you absolutely not want to be stuck with during quarantine and why?

I value my couch space, and having Hugh Jass's, um, formidable posterior would get old with me quickly.

5. With the upcoming All-Star skills competition, who would you nominate to go from our team?

Is there a competition for biggest hits and most penalty minutes? I nominate myself there.

Soren Jensen is the nicest guy, a hard worker who mostly stays quiet. But I also can see him having a big reaction to a prank, which would be great to see.

Sparta is a good guy! Glad to have him on board. Press Conference up on Monday doesn’t hurt either!

No, because the playoff format is TERRIBLE. 

Someone who wouldn’t mind going splits on some pizza and garlic fingers!

Probably Esso. I feel like this long of a time, with one person can only end badly. We’d argue and he’d bench me. Or send me off to...Toronto *shudder*

Foreskin has been our guy from day one. I’d like to see him get some recognition.

Probably MGS. He’s a pretty fired up kind of guy, I think his reaction would go viral on the Tik Tok!

•  

Hopefully he can help us find success in the seasons to come!

It will be a tough hill to climb but anything is possible!

Jet Jaguar would be my pick, he would buy me lots of subs. 

1. What are your thoughts on the new AGM hire?

Good to get a fresh face in the room. Glad he got to see us play at our best instead of the crap we played early on.

2. Do you think we can make a push to sneak into the playoffs this year?

Not mathematically eliminated, but I don't think we should get our hopes up. Very strong NA conf this year

Nightmare scenario. They all smell. I'll go with former captain Boris the Forest

4. Which player/GM would you absolutely not want to be stuck with during quarantine and why?

I feel like GM was included just to to bait me into saying esso, so esso.

Wilcox on fire lately. Fared decently last year in skills comp iirc

Why settle for one. Get em all at once. #RetireNolan

You're doing a good job so far sparty, keep it up.

Too little too late for us. STHS just hated the shit out of us at the start of the year.

Lance Flowers, he's been the franchise D-man since he was picked in the same draft as me.

Keven Foreskin, he smells like cream cheese.

I think I should get a chance to show my skills in all the different skater competitions.

I'd have to haze Micheal Gary Scott and John Frostbeard as the new guys on the team.

Hey you patriotic coronavirus-avoiding hockey beauts! Here's a new set of press conference questions!

1. After the past week of up and down results, do you still think we can sneak into the playoffs?

2. If we got into the playoffs, which team would you absolutely not want to play?

3. If we don't make the playoffs, what will this offseason look like for you?

4. If you could learn one new hobby during the upcoming offseason, what would it be and why?

5. Looking a little ahead to the VHL Draft, which upcoming prospect would you most like to play with and why?

6. If you set a goal before this season, reflect on it. Did you meet it? If you didn't set a goal, what would be your goal by the beginning of next season?

1. After the past week of up and down results, do you still think we can sneak into the playoffs?

My head says no but my body says yes.

2. If we got into the playoffs, which team would you absolutely not want to play?

We can take anyone 

Training hard for my sophomore year!

4. If you could learn one new hobby during the upcoming offseason, what would it be and why?

I’ve always wanted to learn to draw. Maybe I could pick that up and create my own comic book.

5. Looking a little ahead to the VHL Draft, which upcoming prospect would you most like to play with and why?

Seems like there are three high end players in this draft. Barring a miracle, we won’t get one of them. I’m not sure who I’d like to play with, but will be it’ll be a low pick as DC is doing well.

6. If you set a goal before this season, reflect on it. Did you meet it? If you didn't set a goal, what would be your goal by the beginning of next season?

my goal was 30 points! I hit it yesterday. Hoping to keep building on that, next year I’d like to hit 40+

15 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Hey you patriotic coronavirus-avoiding hockey beauts! Here's a new set of press conference questions!

1. I really don't know. More focused on Ottawa and breaking 200 points

2. Yet again, I really don't know. VHLM has really been my only focus, and I haven't been here for very long

3. Preparing for the call-up next season. Should be a decent shout for ROTY.

4. Playing the guitar since I listen to a lot of music. 

5. Anyone from Ottawa. We have a good thing going over there.

6. My goal was to be a point per game and I absolutely smashed it. 

I know that a lot of people are feeling optimistic, but I just can't quite get there. It's a large mountain to climb.

If we got in, it would mean an unprecedented hot streak. So honestly, nobody would really scare me in that case.

I think New York is going to go for it one more time regardless, so don't think many changes. Now the year after that, we'll see.

I've always wanted to cook better, and now seems like the perfect time. New York's a great place for chefs, so many different cuisines to try.

I'm always for more offensive firepower, and a couple guys in the mid-first range like Jungkok, Su and Brandt could easily step in to help right away.

That's a good question - I think I might have. I wanted to be in competition for Best Defenseman, and I'm now second in defenseman hits and third in defenseman points. That's a plus in my book.

Bit too late to the party, but I thought it was a bit of a long-shot but always nice to have hope.  

Doesn't really matter to me, have to beat the best to be the best. 

Staying busy with some other work and maybe pick up a hobby or two. 

1. Nah. Wasn't much of a chance. Though good to see us rebound late in the season

2.  I Ihink Seattle has the best team, but I would like to get some S68 revenge. So probs vancouver

3. Preparing for old age i.e banking. Pretty happy with type of player I am so looking forward

4. How to get anyone to drop the mitts with me. Still no losses in my career so want to fight more

5. Could use a good winger to play with now that I'm at C. No idea who will be available

6. I set a 30/30 goal and hit it, so pretty content with the year. I think everyone performed well this year so sucks we can't go further.

It was a tough fight, unfortunately we just had too much ground to make up.

I feel like we're good enough that we could have given any team a tough fight at the least.

A lot of drinking.

I've been working hard on morphing my soft shitty body to be the exact shape of the goal. My aim this offseason is to perfect that skill.

Considering we're gonna be picking kind of late in the first and will have a need at center in the future, someone like Lukas Brandt would be a good addition to the organizationm

My goal was to help lead this team to the postseason, which I obviously failed. Going into the back half of my career, obviously I want to be pushing for cups, but we apparently still need to take that first step.

Heya there, on this lovely May 4th, I got some more questions for you!

1. In honor of the day, who is your favorite Star Wars character?

2. Since we've been officially eliminated from the playoffs, how are you killing the time?

3. Now that the season is over, which player on our team really needs to get a fresh set of equipment?

4. Looking ahead to the offseason, what is one thing you're actively going to avoid doing?

5. What's a song you've been listening to recently that you would recommend to others on the team?

6. If your VHL player had to get a summer job, what would it be and why?

6 minutes ago, Spartan said:

2. Since we've been officially eliminated from the playoffs, how are you killing the time?

3. Now that the season is over, which player on our team really needs to get a fresh set of equipment?

4. Looking ahead to the offseason, what is one thing you're actively going to avoid doing?

5. What's a song you've been listening to recently that you would recommend to others on the team?

Probably Jar Jar Binks. meesa like hockey, and i think he would too

I mean, I've been paying attention to the Lynx, we're just waiting for the conference finals to start.

I think me, mine smells like a horse's ass

Doing things that could injure myself. Not gonna miss my rookie season.

Probably Oasis' "Whatever". Sums up everything, really.

Summer camp counselor. Gotta impart wisdom on the kiddos. 

1. In honor of the day, who is your favorite Star Wars character?

Obi Wan all the way!

Crying. A lot.

Frostbeard. Because he’s going badly to the VHLM ?

4. Looking ahead to the offseason, what is one thing you're actively going to avoid doing

Not capping! Going to avoid missing out on Tpe!

We are the Champions. To get us ready for next season!

Bikini Car Wash. he has a Hugh Jass

Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic

Just staying busy with other work and such!

I believe my current equipment is a few seasons old now so I could use a new set for the upcoming season. Hopefully I can get a big paycheque!

I'm going to go with Han Solo. He's a main character, sure, but he comes with an edge. And I'm all for anybody who has witty one liners.

Between that and quarantine, it's not the most fun time in New York right now. Just a lot of Netflix and ice cream, which probably isn't great for our training...

A Red Guy saw a lot more pucks against him than I would've liked this year, might need a new pad or two.

Watching the playoffs. It's just a bit too much right now, I don't want to see what could have been.

In my sad about missing the playoffs state, it's been a lot of emo. I'm not sure how many other players want to listen to The Cure, but sure.

I think I'd be a pretty good body guard. I certainly have the penalty minutes and the goon status for it.

On 4/27/2020 at 3:41 PM, Spartan said:

1. Yeah, Seattle had the second best seed.

2.Seattle, those guys are beasts.

3. Off season is just boring earning tpe

4. How to score goals.

5. Any defensemen better than dead body Will Clarke.

6. I wanted to be high in assists, I won the Bek so im good.

1. Han Solo/Chewie tandem for sure. 

2. Following the rest of the playoffs. Not really rooting for either team but it's still hockey.

3. I feel like Ryo has outgrown his gear for some time now.

4. Interacting with people (obvious answer). Quarantining has been peaceful. Not fully enjoying it, but has its perks.

5. The Strokes new album was great (and overdue). Been on repeat for a couple weeks now.

6. Something with animals probably. Or a coach. Or both. Can dogs play hockey

Alright folks, we're Week 2 into the offseason, and it already feels like forever. Here are some questions, and the theme is food!

1. Who on the team would you want to host a summer barbecue and why?

2. Who on the team would you keep as far away from the grill as possible?

3. What would you toss on the grill as your own contribution?

4. At this summer barbecue, what's your go-to drink?

5. What's one food item you absolutely hate seeing on the grill and why?

6. If you had a hot dog eating contest at this barbecue, who would win?

Now that I've talked about food for a while, I'm hungry. While you're answering these, I'm going to go grab a snack!