New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

1) 10 place or 9th

2) short term Vancouver but long term Davos has a chance to really get some good players 

3) Marlins of course!

4) Shea Weber, seems like a genuine good dude and a great leader/ player 

5) animation 2d GIF by Jake

6) the rings speak for itself I’d say absolutely 

17 hours ago, dlamb said:

NcUcFyt.png  NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE  NcUcFyt.png

new york GIF

Week Ending 02/14

1. We have been bouncing up and down the standings, currently 8 points behind 10th place in the VHL. What place do you see us finishing in?

2. Have you checked out the massive 3-way trade that happened recently? Who won the trade?

3. Do you have a favourite VHLM team? Why?

4. Whether it be a VHL or NHL player, is there someone you look up to?

5. Use a GIF to describe how your player has played this season.

6. Tom Brady now has 7 rings. Is he the greatest NFL player of all time?

1. Hopefully we at least move up one spot to 9th.

2. To me it seems like Davos got the best deal.

3. Miami is my favorite VHLM team because I won a cup with them and played with them for most my VHLM career.

4. I look up to Dakota Lamb because he's the one who taught me everything there is to know about VHL and Chicken Wing definitely wouldn't have been as successful as she is, or even exist it it wasn't for him.

5. chicken GIF

6. ya, probably. 

On 2/8/2021 at 2:44 AM, dlamb said:

new york GIF

Week Ending 02/14

1. We have been bouncing up and down the standings, currently 8 points behind 10th place in the VHL. What place do you see us finishing in?

2. Have you checked out the massive 3-way trade that happened recently? Who won the trade?

1- We will probably be in 7-8 place. 
2- I believe Vancouver wins that trade. 
3- I really don’t have a favorite VHLM team. 
4- I have always liked Alex Ovechkin.

5- Terminator 2 Mood GIF by 20th Century Fox

6- Maybe the best quarterback ever would be more like it. 

On 2/8/2021 at 3:44 AM, dlamb said:

new york GIF

Week Ending 02/14

1. First place easily.

2. Davos because Gustav would never make a bad trade.

3. The Mexico City Kings because they are the best.

4. I look up to Chara because he is taller than me.

5. giphy.gif

6. Unfortunately, yes.

National Hockey League GIF by New York Rangers

Week Ending 02/21

1. We seem to have Calgary's number this season, going 4-1-1 against a playoff-caliber team. What makes us step up in games vs. the Wranglers? 

2. Also, we seem to love the shootout this year, having 8 games go to the "skills competition" to decide the outcome. Do you like shootouts, or should there be an alternative way to end games?

3. FrostBeard recently revealed he would be stepping down as Malmo Nighthawks General Manager after the season. Who would you recommend take over the position?

4. VHL Theme Week just passed, centered around "vacations". Where is your favourite spot to vacation?

5. Do you have a specific pre-game meal?

6. Do you have any pets?

1. I think it's our pure unadulterated Americanism that is fuming in our games. We scare them away very easily!

2. I love it. It's pretty exciting to see how Sales does on the shootout. I'm not sure the exact numbers, but I think he's doing fairly well there!

3. I really think @Ricer13 would be a great decision for that position. The M would certainly miss him, but he would do fantastic work in the VHL.

4. Anywhere in the woods!

5. Steak. Doesn't matter the cut. Cooked medium with some garlic, onions, thyme, and pan seared. That with some corn and mashed potatoes.

6. Yes. I have a bloodhound named Abraham and a cat named Ferdinand 

11 hours ago, dlamb said:

Week Ending 02/21

1. We seem to have Calgary's number this season, going 4-1-1 against a playoff-caliber team. What makes us step up in games vs. the Wranglers? 

2. Also, we seem to love the shootout this year, having 8 games go to the "skills competition" to decide the outcome. Do you like shootouts, or should there be an alternative way to end games?

3. FrostBeard recently revealed he would be stepping down as Malmo Nighthawks General Manager after the season. Who would you recommend take over the position?

4. VHL Theme Week just passed, centered around "vacations". Where is your favourite spot to vacation?

6. Do you have any pets?

1. I have a great rivalry with Calgary since last season apparently, especially after last season's double beatdown by Calgary where I fought 2 times and scored a goal in a 4-1 loss.

2. Well I haven't scored once in the shootout, at least I don't I have yet haha

3. No comment, don't know people enough to give a recommendation

4. not sure, I haven't been to a place more than once

5. I thought I said Cheerio's last week? for this question?

6. no

13 hours ago, dlamb said:

Week Ending 02/21

6. Do you have any pets?

1. playing against them just seems to bring out the best in us and hopefully we can use the same strategy to beat others and hopefully move up a few spots.

2. Yes, I think shootouts are a great way to solve a tiebreaker.

3. Anyone with experience and willing to put in the effort would be good.

4.  My favorite vacation I've been on was probably to Quebec City or Cuba, but I like going new places to vacation, and hopefully Japan can be my next destination.

5. A big platter of chicken wings!!!

6. No pets :(

Edited by chikn

On 2/15/2021 at 4:46 AM, dlamb said:

Week Ending 02/21

6. Do you have any pets?

1/ We just seem to be finding some chemistry and playing an overall better game. 
2/ I do like shootouts but I like 5v5 OT better. 
3/ I’m sure the Blues probably already know who they want. 
4/ I like going to Europe for vacations. 
5/ Preferably baked chicken and some veggies. 
6/ I have a black Labrador. 

On 2/15/2021 at 5:46 AM, dlamb said:

Week Ending 02/21

6. Do you have any pets?

1. We just really hate them in particular.

2. I suggest we do something called the "Goalie Showdown" to decide a winner, where the two starting goalies must fight each other until there is a victor. 

3. @rory

4. My bedroom is a nice place.

5. I sneak out to the concession stand before games.

6. A guinea pig. No elaboration needed.

200.gif

Week Ending 02/28

1. S76 has ended, and we finished with a record of 27-36-9. How do you feel?

2. What changes do you think will be made for us in the off-season? (Draft, UFA, Trades, etc.)

3. Does a specific game stick out to you over this past season?

4. Why do you play your position?

5. Will an NYA Rookie (Red Lite, Chicken Wing, Thadius Sales, RJ Thatcher, Liam Fischl) take home the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Rookie of the Year)

6. Did you watch the NHL games at Lake Tahoe this past weekend? Do you enjoy outdoor NHL games?

5 hours ago, dlamb said:

200.gif

Week Ending 02/28

2. What changes do you think will be made for us in the off-season? (Draft, UFA, Trades, etc.)

5. Will an NYA Rookie (Red Lite, Chicken Wing, Thadius Sales, RJ Thatcher, Liam Fischl) take home the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Rookie of the Year)

6. Did you watch the NHL games at Lake Tahoe this past weekend? Do you enjoy outdoor NHL games?

1. We did about as good as I thought we would. I'm sad we didn't do better, but I'm looking forward to the future!

2. I think we are going to need to build a stronger D-core, so that's what I'm thinking will happen.

3. The few that went to a shootout and Sales came in CLUTCH!

4. I've always been a goalie fan. They take a lot of flack, and are often at the point of being blamed for a team's loss. However, they are the rock behind the team, and I just like that.

5. It's a tough call. I think our rookies played well, but given our team's overall performance I fear they will be overlooked.

6. I did! It was a nice setting, but the ice was awful. I like outdoor games, but I fell bad for the players since they are trying their best on crappy ice.

16 hours ago, dlamb said:

200.gif

Week Ending 02/28

1. Its kind of what I expected so I'm ok with how we ended this season :)

2. we need some stronger defense, so hopefully there's changes made with that.

3. not really, I think I played about the same in all our games.

4. I'm not good at hockey irl so I just picked the position I thought would be easiest if it was rl hockey lol

5. CHICKEN WING!! lol I think any of those rookies have a good chance at getting it.

6. I didn't watch the game but I think outdoor NHL games are a fun change and I definitely enjoy them.

Edited by chikn

On 2/22/2021 at 5:22 AM, dlamb said:

200.gif

Week Ending 02/28

1- I feel like we improved a little bit. 
2- Hopefully something that will help us not let up so many goals. 
3- I would think any victory would stand out most. 
4- I play this position because I love to score goals. 
5- I think maybe Red Lite has a good chance. 
6- I only watched highlights and it was a game full of scoring. 

On 2/22/2021 at 3:22 AM, dlamb said:

200.gif

Week Ending 02/28

1. Disappointed but expected

2. Love to add stud dman

3. Not one specific game but a couple specific series

4. Center is supposed to be reliable in both ends of the ice and face-off duties is exciting

5. OF course, but I've said that 2 years in a roll already

6. No. I've been to one, but it was raining that day.

On 2/22/2021 at 6:22 AM, dlamb said:

200.gif

Week Ending 02/28

1. It's solid but it's also not 72-0-0, so we have work to do.

2. I hope just draft and FA, don't want to lose any more Americans through trade.

3. All of them stick out to me as ones where I could not have played any better.

4. Because VHL Portal says so.

5. I don't know about any trophy but that RJ Thatcher guy seems really cool and handsome.

6. As someone who doesn't follow puckball whatsoever, I actually did watch highlights for one of the games and the scenery was very cool.

new york rangers win GIF by NHL

Week Ending 03/07

1. What are your thoughts on the Lottery Tournament we are currently involved in? Do you like it?

2. Who is taking home the S76 Continental Cup? (Chicago, Vancouver, Moscow, & Warsaw remain)

3. What is 1 goal you have for S77?

4. Have you considered getting into the management side of VHL? Are you already?

5. If you were part of the recruitment team, how would you attract new players to VHL?

6. Is it pronounced GIF or GIF? (Bonus points for posting your favourite GIF)

6 minutes ago, dlamb said:

Week Ending 03/07

1. What are your thoughts on the Lottery Tournament we are currently involved in? Do you like it?

Didn't even realize we were playing in a tourny lol

2. Who is taking home the S76 Continental Cup? (Chicago, Vancouver, Moscow, & Warsaw remain)

Moscow

Have a higher W/L percentage.

4. Have you considered getting into the management side of VHL? Are you already?

Absolutely :D

5. If you were part of the recruitment team, how would you attract new players to VHL?

I would try to get involved in TikTok ads

Obviously, it's GIF
The Office Reaction GIF

5 hours ago, dlamb said:

Week Ending 03/07

1. ya, I think its a fun extra thing to be involved and its a good conversation starter for the locker room.

2. I'm hoping for it to be Warsaw. They made a killer comeback and it seems like they are fighting the hardest to win the big cup.

3. I'm hoping to start max earning again.

4. Nah, management is too much work and responsibility for me lol 

5. I would post about all the great and creative graphics and articles people come up with on the forums page, along with all the great friendships that are made within the inclusive locker room and chats.

6. GIF 😠 White Dog GIF

16 hours ago, dlamb said:

Week Ending 03/07

1. NO. We should be tearing apart this tournament lol

2. Vancouver, they just that good

3. 450 shots 50 goals 100 points, 200 hits, <60 pims, CUP lol

4. Perhaps but I just don't have the time for that right now

5. Love hockey? Love to write? VHL is here for you!

6. jiv Happy Kenan Thompson GIF by NBC

On 3/1/2021 at 10:03 AM, dlamb said:

Week Ending 03/07

1- I don’t even know anything about that. 
2- I am rooting for Warsaw or Chicago. 
3- I will be buying a new brand of sticks and trying them out. 
4- I don’t have any intentions of being a manager. 
5- I would just be honest tell what I like about the league. 
6- I say the “G” sounds like a G and not a J. 

New York Nyc GIF

Week Ending 03/14

1. Well, it's offseason time. Do you watch the VHL and VHLM drafts live on Twitch? 

2. What's 1 thing that not many people know about you?

3. The Chicago Phoenix defeated the Warsaw Predators to win their 1st Continental Cup this pass weekend. Who should win the Daisuke Kanou Trophy for playoff MVP?

4. Are you following the S76 WJC or World Cup? Were you selected to play in either tournament?

5. Who was New York's MVP this past season?

6. Where I'm located, nice warm weather is due this week, spring is almost here. What's your favourite season?

1 hour ago, dlamb said:

New York Nyc GIF

Week Ending 03/14

1. Well, it's offseason time. Do you watch the VHL and VHLM drafts live on Twitch? 

3. The Chicago Phoenix defeated the Warsaw Predators to win their 1st Continental Cup this pass weekend. Who should win the Daisuke Kanou Trophy for playoff MVP?

4. Are you following the S76 WJC or World Cup? Were you selected to play in either tournament?

6. Where I'm located, nice warm weather is due this week, spring is almost here. What's your favourite season?

1. I had a quick glance last 2 drafts

2. I've never played hockey before

3. I haven't checked the stats but I will go with the winning goaltender

4. Nope, I was not selected

5. Considered we didn't get anywhere, I'd say Thads was MVP, we went as far as he led us

6. I'm not sure, each season has a problem for me; spring = hayfever, summer = heat, fall might be the best, winter = cold lol

11 hours ago, dlamb said:

New York Nyc GIF

Week Ending 03/14

1) I don’t usually have time to watch. I check the results later. 
2) I like creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips. 
3) I would guess maybe Chicago’s goalie. 
4) I will pay attention when I can. No I wasn’t picked as far as I know. 
5) Rynex and Rush were the best combo in the VHL. 

6) I love summer time but spring and fall is nice also.