S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

Oh, and also, this 13 pages thread is enough to forever remove the public voting, as its been proven the 2 things I was explaining. 

1. People doesn't understand shit what the awards are about

2. Member bias are a thing

But sure, the huge ego that beketov has will only do the opposite, and will favor public voting even more. Greaaaat Greattt decision 

1 hour ago, sterling said:

Weddings can be pretty cheap if you do them right. I was up at one in small town Saskatchewan in February in a community hall that wouldn't have costed the couple more than 5k. I'm sure they did alright with gifts too. That's the rural life though, I think you're a bit more urban?

I am. I'm about 10 minutes from the center of Pittsburgh. Close enough that if you put the rest of my address down, but Pittsburgh instead of Etna, the mail would still get to me, as it's a borough that's part of the city area.

Devise - I strongly prefer urban to rural. Just personal preference, I like the things that a city offers. I like being able to go see a Riverhounds game on a whim. I like being able to go down to the Benedum and at least have the option to see Hamilton next winter (if the prices come down from the utterly ridiculous $1150 they've been initially released at) or Guys and Dolls at the Byham last fall (only $32 since the Byham is smaller, Benedum and Heinz Hall shows are usually 60-100). I like being able to go to 3-4 different trivia nights at different places on consecutive nights if I really feel like it, and they're all super close (more accurately, it means that even if I work a nonstandard schedule and miss my usual night, there's another option on whichever night I am off). I like being able to bus places, or walk, a city has afforded me the ability not to have a car (and not to have the bills associated with a car) so that I can afford to do a lot of the social stuff I do without having to work my ass off. Culturally, I just find myself more drawn to an urban lifestyle significantly more than a rural one. Everyone prefers different things though, and I mostly offer that as a counterpoint to any claims of rural being objectively better, not that you were claiming that. Simpler, sure, but I'm not a fan of simplicity. 

The thing about people helping each other out, I don't know about other cities, but Pittsburgh is good for that, so it's inaccurate to say urban doesn't have it (at least in my particular case, but one example of a rural community doesn't speak for all rural communities just as one example of an urban community doesn't speak for all urban communities). I would also not say the claim of less divided is accurate either - again, probably your community specifically is less divided, but so is Pittsburgh.

Actually, I thought the MVP was pretty much in the bad, but yet here we are, and some people think a .930 goalie carried this team 

n6q9aMU.png

and I thought people had no integrity. Its not that, they are just plain incompetent 

Edited by boubabi

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Actually, I thought the MVP was pretty much in the bad, but yet here we are, and some people think a .930 goalie carried this team 

n6q9aMU.png

and I thought people had no integrity. Its not that, they are just plain incompetent 

You come back from a ban and make this your first post? Really? Don’t try to re-ignite this please.

Just now, Beketov said:

You come back from a ban and make this your first post? Really? Don’t try to re-ignite this please.

re-ignite what ? You don't want to assume responsability ? I wasn't banned for being critic, I was banned because I was mimicking kendrick with all the reports he did. 

If you aren't happy, just lock the thread like you are so used to when something isn't going your way. Or, just ban me again for whatever bitchass reason 

Just now, Will said:

Holy god man you have clearly won the award give it a rest

dunno wtf your still railing on beketov for, he voted for you :S

but seriously stop please this is a very bad look for you.

I couldn't care less about my look. Hit me up when I'll lose the MVP awards to a .930 goalie playing behind an elite team 

• Senior Admin
Just now, boubabi said:

I couldn't care less about my look. Hit me up when I'll lose the MVP awards to a .930 goalie playing behind an elite team 

Yes because the result of this vote is clearly foreshadowing the mvp award...? 

Just now, Will said:

Yes because the result of this vote is clearly foreshadowing the mvp award...? 

Yes, take a look at the  people's logic. They REALLY thinking that a .930 goalie in Ny carried the team more than a guy with 133 pts (60% of every goals scored by helsinki)

Its sad

and also, very nice of removing my PMs ability. Great Great Great move 

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

@diamond_ace not sure if it was said, but whats the location of your wedding? (golf course, ihop, etc..)

Not sure yet, it's still 3 years away, but right now we're leaning toward this cute boutique-style hotel in Maryland we've stayed at a few times (2 1/2 hours away). If we do it locally, it might be the Aviary, or this other hotel that's probably a little out of the price range but we have some time to build up.

2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Not sure yet, it's still 3 years away, but right now we're leaning toward this cute boutique-style hotel in Maryland we've stayed at a few times (2 1/2 hours away). If we do it locally, it might be the Aviary, or this other hotel that's probably a little out of the price range but we have some time to build up.

Sounds like you got it figured out. Not tooooo shabbbbbyy

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Yes, take a look at the  people's logic. They REALLY thinking that a .930 goalie in Ny carried the team more than a guy with 133 pts (60% of every goals scored by helsinki)

Its sad

and also, very nice of removing my PMs ability. Great Great Great move 

But you clearly win the award. I don’t agree with that logic either, but like I said on pg 2 even if you think there’s some who vote with bias it never change the end result and that’s be the case here. And it will be same with the other awards I expect.

and I don’t know why the pm thing was done. 

Just now, Kendrick said:

We still going with this? I thought we were putting this to bed now.

Yeah, no. But at least you got 10 persons to vote against me, thats pretty good. 5x the number of new members you brought to the site 

Oh and, its quite fun how I'm challenging the league's integrity, and rather of asking the right question of the validity and relevancy of the award voting process, I receive a shit ton of negative pressure from the members and the administration instead. Well done, good thing I don't fall into a depression easily like some people  

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Regardless of the number of people brought to this site, they have all left after seeing this display of sadness.

Oh yeah, probably because of that. Because the VHL has such a high member retention rate over the years, must be that. Are you done with your attempt of brainwashing ? 

I now have a mental image of Boubabi sitting in a damp basement for 48 consecutive hours, eating a single sunflower seed once every 17 seconds, just waiting for his opportunity to get back to complaining about pretend hockey awards on a pretend hockey site. Give it a rest, man. 

5 minutes ago, der meister said:

I now have a mental image of Boubabi sitting in a damp basement for 48 consecutive hours, eating a single sunflower seed once every 17 seconds, just waiting for his opportunity to get back to complaining about pretend hockey awards on a pretend hockey site. Give it a rest, man. 

Yet, here you are commenting again. Maybe its important to you as well ? Enough for you to purposely vote against me 

Edited by boubabi