S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, sterling said:

So you're inviting us then?

There are a few VHLers or former VHLers I wouldn't be opposed to having, and theoretically I know she has some people from triathlon groups that she's never met in person that might be the same, so as ridiculous as it sounds I wouldn't rule it out. As a general rule I'd say probably not, but it's a nonzero chance. Of course, logistically it might be difficult.

33 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Just gonna throw this out there because I like to say what people are thinking to get likes on the VHL..

but.. why hasn't anyone been fighting or arguing the past 24+ or so hours? What the hell.. so peaceful and friendly. 

Something must be missing here.. 

Don't make me start a fight with you now :P

34 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Just gonna throw this out there because I like to say what people are thinking to get likes on the VHL..

but.. why hasn't anyone been fighting or arguing the past 24+ or so hours? What the hell.. so peaceful and friendly. 

Something must be missing here.. 

three more hours and our hero is free. better be prepared already

16 hours ago, Jericho said:

Yeah I just figured I'd recap for anyone who wasn't around in fucking 2011 :P

You can do the semantics thing back, but I really enjoy letting him spin his wheels and freak the fuck out. If you play his game he always claims he wins even when he doesn't make any good points. If you bring him back to axiomatic arguments he gets confused and scared and acts like a puppy. It's adorable.

Yeah we did the same. Proposed in May of last year and the wedding is going to be Sept 2019. Nothing wrong with a longer engagement when you're still dealing with school debt (which I'm sure your country will have you doing until you're 78 :P). Weddings are expensive though, and trying to make enough for regular savings and a retirement/investment account spreads it pretty thin.

I proposed May of last year as well. Wedding is in January. I’m already a wreck...but that’s because I keep seeing my money leave my account to pay for this shit. :x 

3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Money or no, she wants real flowers. Also, I appreciate all the advice from so many people but we're having a really unweddingy wedding so a lot of this I'm expecting won't apply

This is how the conversation starts. 

Then it turns into “okay well, do you think...?” 

Into “I think we should...” 

“We are going to.” 

Before you know you’re out 5 grand and counting and the damn thing is still 8 months away. 

<_<

1 minute ago, Jonessee27 said:

“We are going to.” 

Before you know you’re out 5 grand and counting and the damn thing is still 8 months away. 

<_<

Better invite some oldies to your wedding. They are less cheap and will give you good gifts to help offset the cost. I think we broke even on ours in the end.

Just now, Jonessee27 said:

“We are going to.” 

<_<

I made it clear before starting the relationship that this was never going to be the "guy is wrong because he's the guy" type of thing. I'd have genuinely rather been single my whole life than deal with that. She didn't even know that was a thing until we'd been involved for some time - it's funny because there was a span of 6 months or so where I had to point out to her instances of people doing that on facebook so she'd even believe me it was a thing. Different things work differently for different couples of course, but we in particular have worked well by trying to be about equal for most things, while allowing each of us the things we're most passionate about. If there's something she wants in the wedding, she'll feel comfortable bringing it to me and discussing it, and the same is true in reverse if there's something I want, and neither of us railroading the other about anything (I mentioned to her the other day that I wanted one of the food options to be mushroom ravioli in tomato cream sauce, and it's happening, because we talked it out).

I made it clear before starting the relationship that this was never going to be the "guy is wrong because he's the guy" type of thing. I'd have genuinely rather been single my whole life than deal with that. She didn't even know that was a thing until we'd been involved for some time - it's funny because there was a span of 6 months or so where I had to point out to her instances of people doing that on facebook so she'd even believe me it was a thing. Different things work differently for different couples of course, but we in particular have worked well by trying to be about equal for most things, while allowing each of us the things we're most passionate about. If there's something she wants in the wedding, she'll feel comfortable bringing it to me and discussing it, and the same is true in reverse if there's something I want, and neither of us railroading the other about anything (I mentioned to her the other day that I wanted one of the food options to be mushroom ravioli in tomato cream sauce, and it's happening, because we talked it out).

Heh I got fairly lucky in that regard as well because my wife is thrifty and can stretch a dollar as well as anyone. Sounds like poor @Jonessee27 has a bit of a bridezilla :)

Trust me, we’re far from “I’m wrong she’s right”

except on doing this “semi-traditional”. I’d rather just do a courtroom and then have a big ass party.  :lol:

But I am getting prime rib and potatoes(which as only a buck fifty more per plate than beef tips and noodles), and Spotted Cow on tap, so I’ll be okay. Haha

3 hours ago, sterling said:

Better invite some oldies to your wedding. They are less cheap and will give you good gifts to help offset the cost. I think we broke even on ours in the end.

In the end I think we will be close to even. Her grandparents and my grandparents are beyond ecstatic, and have talked to us a little about what they want to give, and my parents have already said they’d give a good chunk, as did her dad.  HOPEFULLY we can be okay, it’s just all our cash out the door right now. 

6 minutes ago, sterling said:

Heh I got fairly lucky in that regard as well because my wife is thrifty and can stretch a dollar as well as anyone. Sounds like poor @Jonessee27 has a bit of a bridezilla :)

Naw. Not yet at least. Not even close to some of these chicks you see on TV. 

Yet.  Haha. 

1 minute ago, Jonessee27 said:

Trust me, we’re far from “I’m wrong she’s right”

except on doing this “semi-traditional”. I’d rather just do a courtroom and then have a big ass party.  :lol:

But I am getting prime rib and potatoes(which as only a buck fifty more per plate than beef tips and noodles), and Spotted Cow on tap, so I’ll be okay. Haha

In the end I think we will be close to even. Her grandparents and my grandparents are beyond ecstatic, and have talked to us a little about what they want to give, and my parents have already said they’d give a good chunk, as did her dad.  HOPEFULLY we can be okay, it’s just all our cash out the door right now. 

Prime rib and potatoes, always a good meal. Beer-wise, she's more into that than I am. I'll want a cider (ideally Crispin Blackberry Pear, but I don't know if that comes in draft, so I'll probably do a local one from Arsenal Cider) or at least a decent semi-sweet wine. She'll probably do an IPA of some sort. Dogfish 120 if she can find it, I'm sure.

I'm a little screwed on the money side of it - combined we have ONE parent in the picture, my mom (both dads dead, her mom left when she was a kid). No remaining grandparents on either side. My uncle might end up trying to cover a good bit, but he has less money left than he thinks...

8 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Prime rib and potatoes, always a good meal. Beer-wise, she's more into that than I am. I'll want a cider (ideally Crispin Blackberry Pear, but I don't know if that comes in draft, so I'll probably do a local one from Arsenal Cider) or at least a decent semi-sweet wine. She'll probably do an IPA of some sort. Dogfish 120 if she can find it, I'm sure.

I'm a little screwed on the money side of it - combined we have ONE parent in the picture, my mom (both dads dead, her mom left when she was a kid). No remaining grandparents on either side. My uncle might end up trying to cover a good bit, but he has less money left than he thinks...

Weddings can be pretty cheap if you do them right. I was up at one in small town Saskatchewan in February in a community hall that wouldn't have costed the couple more than 5k. I'm sure they did alright with gifts too. That's the rural life though, I think you're a bit more urban?

6 minutes ago, sterling said:

Weddings can be pretty cheap if you do them right. I was up at one in small town Saskatchewan in February in a community hall that wouldn't have costed the couple more than 5k. I'm sure they did alright with gifts too. That's the rural life though, I think you're a bit more urban?

Rural life can be so much better sometimes. So much more simpler. And less divided. I'll never forget watching hundreds of people deliver diapers and supplies to Fort McMurray fire survivors on the highway following that incident. I find it odd that rural communities understand the need to stick together more than Urban, when urban literally gets to see big picture how society needs to operate that way in order to function, given the mass numbers. 

Also Jason, Sterling is right if your smart you can make it up in gifts. You just have to really list gifts you'd want/use, and you save yourself spending in the later years. The real question though is Open Bar or not, amiright? :P 

Just now, STZ said:

Stop with the wedding talk, you’re scaring new members

What are you talking about, don't you know members meeting on the same thing and getting married is like one of the easiest ways to tell when you've made it as a nerd thing? More wedding talk! :P 

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

will you marry me Denise

Who’s Denise? Did we get a new member? Does meg know she’s been replaced as the VHL’s token female?

5 hours ago, Jonessee27 said:

“We are going to.” 

<_<

I know this pain our wedding if in 4 months and our budget has gone from 9k to 15k......

Looks like devise found jericho's password

Nice

Funny how people try to explain their degrath voting with most valuable player to his team argument ,and beketov is there and approving their comment

when your own blue team doesn't understand the awards, very good looking administration  

Oh, and jericho just straight up called me out, but of course nobody won't bat an eye

Nice, well done. I nearly got you your first cup jericho, but I think your a better member when inactive.