S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Yes, I understand that an opinion is only valid with structured arguments. Do I need to explain to you what is an argument or your 25 years at university is enough ? 

Actually I dont need you to explain what the definition of an opinion is, because you clearly don't have it.

Am I being flamed for going to school now? Strange.

Its quite simple, I want to know who voted for degrath and I want them to explain to me why they think degrath's stats was more outstanding than cornerstone's stats

9 pages, yet, nobody did that 

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Actually I dont need you to explain what the definition of an opinion is, because you clearly don't have it.

Am I being flamed for going to school now? Strange.

Am I flaming you ?  I thought remarking your 25 years at uni was quite a compliment actually. You are the smartest human being on earth with all that knowledge. You must be an FBI cop, at least, with all that knowledge 

Edited by boubabi

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Am I flaming you ?  I thought remarking your 25 years at uni was quite a compliment actually. You are the smartest human being on earth I think 

I mean the belittling of me isn't needed really. But you keep digging your hole. I'd say getting into University at the age of 4 is pretty cool though. Might be a record

Just now, Kendrick said:

I mean the belittling of me isn't needed really. But you keep digging your hole. I'd say getting into University at the age of 4 is pretty cool though. Might be a record

quite a record actually. How many masters do you have. 5 or 6 ? 

• Commissioner

Seriously why is this still going? Since this bitchfest started DeGrath has gained 1 vote and Cornerstone has gained 5 or 6 (I don’t remember the exact number he was at).

Clearly all this arguing is pointless because people are continuing to vote however they want anyway and Boubabi can’t even complain because they are voting for him. This is arguing for the sake of arguing if I’ve ever seen it.

6 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Its quite simple, I want to know who voted for degrath and I want them to explain to me why they think degrath's stats was more outstanding than cornerstone's stats

9 pages, yet, nobody did that 

I  voted for DeGrath.

First and foremost because I value the goaltender position highest of all the positions on the ice.  Only player to be on the ice all game, and only player who's only counterpart is the same position on the other team. Last line of defense, I'm sure you've heard all the cliches before.

He was also obviously the best at the position this year.  Best player at my most valued position? already high in my books for MVP.

I'll be honest, I almost voted for Cornerstone.  The stat line is hella impressive.

But something that really swayed me on DeGrath was this.  There are 3 players on this list from HSK.  That means 3 players who had INCREDIBLE seasons on a team that came within a game of winning the title.  Compare that to DeGrath, who is the only representative of NYA on this list. Does NYA even make the playoffs without him?  

Stats only tell half the story and I want to see the whole picture before I cast my vote.  

While I in no way want to take away from the obviously incredible season you had, I simply believe, from the way that I take in hockey, that DeGrath was the most valuable player this season.

1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

I  voted for DeGrath.

First and foremost because I value the goaltender position highest of all the positions on the ice.  Only player to be on the ice all game, and only player who's only counterpart is the same position on the other team. Last line of defense, I'm sure you've heard all the cliches before.

He was also obviously the best at the position this year.  Best player at my most valued position? already high in my books for MVP.

I'll be honest, I almost voted for Cornerstone.  The stat line is hella impressive.

But something that really swayed me on DeGrath was this.  There are 3 players on this list from HSK.  That means 3 players who had INCREDIBLE seasons on a team that came within a game of winning the title.  Compare that to DeGrath, who is the only representative of NYA on this list. Does NYA even make the playoffs without him?  

Stats only tell half the story and I want to see the whole picture before I cast my vote.  

While I in no way want to take away from the obviously incredible season you had, I simply believe, from the way that I take in hockey, that DeGrath was the most valuable player this season.

...but this is the most outstanding player award.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

...but this is the most outstanding player award.

His points are still valid because of the player position. I think carrying a team as a goalie who has no ability to contribute offence is still outstanding. Just because he is the MVP of the league doesn't mean his season shouldn't be considered outstanding.

1 minute ago, STZ said:

His points are still valid because of the player position. I think carrying a team as a goalie who has no ability to contribute offence is still outstanding. Just because he is the MVP of the league doesn't mean his season shouldn't be considered outstanding.

Won't argue with that. Although DeGrath had even more outstanding seasons than this.