S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Yet, here you are commenting again. Maybe its important to you as well ? Enough for you to purposely vote against the clear winner  

Yes, that's exactly it. I couldn't keep up with your sunflower seed eating pace, though. Took me 21 seconds apiece. Dammit, Boubabi! You win again!

Just now, der meister said:

Yes, that's exactly it. I couldn't keep up with your sunflower seed eating pace, though. Took me 21 seconds apiece. Dammit, Boubabi! You win again!

Is that your attempt at shit talking ? Jesus Christ. Eating sunflower seeds ? That's all you got ? 

4 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Well that was about the level of comeback I was expecting.

I missed some of you :P

Remember that time I gave Xander Finn his only 100 point season? ;) I will always welcome an active/inactive Jericho onto my teams. :lol:

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

Remember that time I gave Xander Finn his only 100 point season? ;) I will always welcome an active/inactive Jericho onto my teams. :lol:

You're alright!

12 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

lol boubabi what you never fail to see is that you're not wrong its just how you carry yourself is what puts everyone off.

He's not wrong about biased voting though and people are showing that in this thread. Yeah, he's going about this very poorly, but imagine if this was actually close, statistically. Boubabi wouldn't stand a chance in the vote

• Commissioner
33 minutes ago, street said:

He's not wrong about biased voting though and people are showing that in this thread. Yeah, he's going about this very poorly, but imagine if this was actually close, statistically. Boubabi wouldn't stand a chance in the vote

Having legitimate complaints doesn’t give someone the right to voice them in a completely inappropriate manner. We’ve been trying to get this across to him for months and so far it hasn’t stuck. He isn’t voicing his concern as “public votes inherently add bias to the process so I feel as if a less deserving candidate might win.” Rather he’s telling anyone and everyone that has a difference of opinion that their opinion is wrong and they are an idiot for having it. It completely devalues any bias argument because it makes it out that any non-cornerstone vote is an idiot or bias. That’s even ignoring the fact that everyone else’s apparent bias is an issue but his bias is not?

Public polls, by nature, have differences of opinion. Have some people shown they are voting for bias reasons? Yes but it can’t be helped if we don’t want to change the way the Slobo has always been run. At the end of the day @Will is right that any bias that has always been in the vote makes no difference in the end and it never has.

Short of getting everyone’s reason for voting and then judging the validity of it, there is no true way to nail down bias votes entirely. It’s simply part of the process with how the slobo vote goes and always has been. If we want to change how this award is ha does that’s fine but that’s not how the argument has been shaped.