S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I voted for DeGrath because @boubabi is incredibly intellectually dishonest and I want to fuck with him.

Best part is that whether he rejects my logic or not my vote is equal to his. Welcome to democracy bitch! I have the high ground.

Come on now, as annoying as he's been in this thread, this is the exact kind of trolling that is completely unnecessary. If I see anymore in here, you'll all get similar suspensions.

1 hour ago, sterling said:

Come on now, as annoying as he's been in this thread, this is the exact kind of trolling that is completely unnecessary. If I see anymore in here, you'll all get similar suspensions.

Brah I've been out of this place for weeks. That shit can't hurt me. You definitely have the moral high ground, but you guys let this turd do SOOO much worse than that. Let's see some consistency ya?

You really can't let all that hate speech go and then get uppity over some mean spirited trolling.

1 hour ago, sterling said:

But yet Boubabi's past trolling just got swept under the rug...? I mean the recent stuff is warranted but the trash talk to people even after the board warning somewhat makes us not believe those in power.

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

Brah I've been out of this place for weeks. That shit can't hurt me. You definitely have the moral high ground, but you guys let this turd do SOOO much worse than that. Let's see some consistency ya?

You really can't let all that hate speech go and then get uppity over some mean spirited trolling.

Exactly. Anyone who dishes out suspensions can't be trusted anymore anyways because they lack consistency in their rulings.

• Commissioner
37 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Exactly. Anyone who dishes out suspensions can't be trusted anymore anyways because they lack consistency in their rulings.

Lack consistency? He banned Boubabi and then threatened to do the same, how is that lacking consistency?

We’re ya doing things but having everyone constantly calling for everyone else to be banned isn’t helping anything.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Jericho said:

I regret NOTHING!

To be fair, Finn joining did majorly slow down Cornerstone’s production.

I voted for DeGrath because I hate boubabi.

Oh and because I believe Degrath's season as a goalie was really good. So please don't ban me Sterling lol.

Also, despite any member bias, the better player is going to win out in an award like this anyway, so being upset that not everyone voted for you is silly - Cornerstone is clearly going to win the award, and if he's still going to win the award given the outbursts in this thread, then clearly a member's status isn't going to hold any player back from winning, now or in the future.

(should maybe have some regulations since I pay no attention and have a vote)

Edited by Molholt

• Senior Admin
51 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Blah blah blah

for someone who is so offended you had no problem egging him on all day yesterday

5 minutes ago, Will said:

Blah blah blah

for someone who is so offended you had no problem egging him on all day yesterday

Blah blah blah

for someone in charge you do a good imitation of a turtle. If you consider that egging someone on, time to get your eyes checked.

21 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Lack consistency? He banned Boubabi and then threatened to do the same, how is that lacking consistency?

We’re ya doing things but having everyone constantly calling for everyone else to be banned isn’t helping anything.

Yeah yeah, doing things, but yet not coming through. I got it

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

But yet Boubabi's past trolling just got swept under the rug...? I mean the recent stuff is warranted but the trash talk to people even after the board warning somewhat makes us not believe those in power.

You're not innocent either and you know it. We've warned you to stop getting into confrontations with him many times as well.

57 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I voted for DeGrath because I hate boubabi.

Oh and because I believe Degrath's season as a goalie was really good. So please don't ban me Sterling lol.

Also, despite any member bias, the better player is going to win out in an award like this anyway, so being upset that not everyone voted for you is silly - Cornerstone is clearly going to win the award, and if he's still going to win the award given the outbursts in this thread, then clearly a member's status isn't going to hold any player back from winning, now or in the future.

(should maybe have some regulations since I pay no attention and have a vote)

If you would have read the thread you'd see I argued for the goalie as well. The specifics of trolling and abusing functions on the board have nothing to do with the award voting process, but unfortunately some members can't control themselves in these situations.

14 minutes ago, sterling said:

You're not innocent either and you know it. We've warned you to stop getting into confrontations with him many times as well.

I was going around shit talking other members players? I basically got warned before because I brought it to the attention of some. Maybe...pay attention before he blows up then?

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

To be fair, Finn joining did majorly slow down Cornerstone’s production.

I live to serve.

All jokes aside though, Boubs is a little lacking in the mental faculties department. He makes the most ham-fisted arguments for players and has no problem showing bias. I dunno if Cornerstone was the better candidate here or not, back back in the BoG voting days he'd change his criteria for how an award should be voted from year to year based on which argument suited the player he wanted to win. I have no issues with someone having a different logic line than I do, and thus reaching a different conclusion, but they need to be consistent.

@diamond_ace and I used to disagree on half of the awards back in the day, but both of us had sound logic and we maintained consistency from year to year. People can evolve their opinions over time but Boubs literally goes "Ok, which argument makes it so I can pick my own player/my teammate, that's what matters most this year." And if you vever call him on it, he just fires back with ad-hominem because his debate skills are shit-tier.

Also Jason, heard you got engaged recently. Congrats dude!

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I live to serve.

All jokes aside though, Boubs is a little lacking in the mental faculties department. He makes the most ham-fisted arguments for players and has no problem showing bias. I dunno if Cornerstone was the better candidate here or not, back back in the BoG voting days he'd change his criteria for how an award should be voted from year to year based on which argument suited the player he wanted to win. I have no issues with someone having a different logic line than I do, and thus reaching a different conclusion, but they need to be consistent.

@diamond_ace and I used to disagree on half of the awards back in the day, but both of us had sound logic and we maintained consistency from year to year. People can evolve their opinions over time but Boubs literally goes "Ok, which argument makes it so I can pick my own player/my teammate, that's what matters most this year." And if you vever call him on it, he just fires back with ad-hominem because his debate skills are shit-tier.

Also Jason, heard you got engaged recently. Congrats dude!

To be fair, for any defensive award, our arguments basically boiled down to:

me: shot blocks are a thing
you: shot blocks are not a thing

Also, yes I did, super happy :)

2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

To be fair, for any defensive award, our arguments basically boiled down to:

me: shot blocks are a thing
you: shot blocks are not a thing

Also, yes I did, super happy :)

To be fair, that's kind of a shit representation of my arguments back in the day, I just didn't put weight them the same vs offensive stats as you did. Obvs they were still considered.

But you get what I'm saying. Both of us had retentively self-consistent logic, and while we wouldn't agree with each other's conclusions we could say that they were sound in the systems we'd created. I've also never felt someone argues in bad faith quite as much as boubs. He's not interested in finding out what is true, he just wants to win the argument, even when he has to be deceitful to do it. How many times did he strawman people in this thread? Re-frame their statements in a way that completely strips their meaning away. Catching someone on a misused word is not how you argue when you want to find out what someone thinks. You should be defeating the best possible version of their argument. Anytime I've ever argued with someone in the BoG or a GM back in the day it seemed like the other guy was interested in that. With boubs it feels like he tries to play semantics, which is hilarious because his lack of a grasp of the English language makes it work very poorly for him. Obviously I give a lot of leeway to the guys who speak English as a second/third language with the nuances of English, but he chooses to try and play that game with people without having a mastery of it himself. Really poor choices.

Also yeah, that shit's the best. Planning a wedding has been a HUGE pain in the ass, but the engagement part is great!