S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, boubabi said:

Yes, you are confirming what I'm saying. Beketov is too blind to see

20 bucks that kendrick also voted for degrath, dunno why 

No, I’m confirming that in a world of toddlers, you have a tantrum if you don’t get the shiniest balloon 

Just now, der meister said:

No, I’m confirming that in a world of toddlers, you have a tantrum if you don’t get the shiniest balloon 

go write your children's book instead of wasting everyone's time 

Edited by boubabi

• Senior Admin
5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

welcome to public voting 

Calm down everyone. 

This post actually makes sense! There is a price to be paid with public voting, that's nothing new at all. There has always been to some degree people who vote based off personal things rather than stats - not just this award and not just with boubs, but I mean we've all seen this in this vote, grimm jonsson votes, ect ect over the years. But, in my opinion, it's typically not so bad as to effect the end result.

I get the frustration that comes with this, but I think this is more a problem with the process than it is with, say, Beketov. I'm not really sure why you're blaming him for this when he's just running the vote the same way its always been. I think its very difficult for us to declare something as biased on a public vote and nullify the votes or something, whether you agree with it or not it's kind of hard to say someone is voting unfaithfully with a public vote. And I'm not necessarily saying that's what is happening here, Corrnerstone would be my choice but to me DeGrath would be #2 so I don't find it particularly surprising that he gets some votes. But if it is happening to some degree, it's nothing new and something that has probably happened on every single slobo vote ever. 

So I don't deny that there's problems with public voting, but If we want to have a discussion about changing the process and moving away from public voting I think we can do that without having this turn into a pointless fight. At least in the BOG people are more expected to justify there decisions and frankly its much easier to call someone out there who signed up for that job and who willingly takes on that responsibility for award voting than it is to call out your average member for making a choice they are entitled to whether we agree with it or not. 

I personally like the idea of an award committee with rotating members or something to decide all the awards including this one. But that's just an idea and I know I'd be open to any discussion on improving the award process. 

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

go write your children's book instead of wasting everyone's time 

My children’s book is done. I’m here now to try to teach you a lesson instead.

1 - every year, a boubabi player is up for this vote.

2 - every year, you complain when ANYONE but your player gets a vote.

3 - every year, you wonder why it turns into a popularity contest.

try looking at point 2, or just refer to my first post that said try shutting your damn mouth sometimes.

1 minute ago, Will said:

And I'm not necessarily saying that's what is happening here, Corrnerstone would be my choice but to me DeGrath would be #2 so I don't find it particularly surprising that he gets some votes.

There's no 2nd votes so this is irrelevant 

1 minute ago, Will said:

So I don't deny that there's problems with public voting, but If we want to have a discussion about changing the process and moving away from public voting I think we can do that without having this turn into a pointless fight.

I'm pointing the flaws of public votings for years and yet nothing changes. That's just how beketov works, ignores everything that comes from my mouth

The vote should be in the bog and everyone writes their vote, no secrets. If you trust those people and the BoG, they should be able to defend their votes. Public voting is just rats voting for their teammates or against someone

My children’s book is done. I’m here now to try to teach you a lesson instead.

1 - every year, a boubabi player is up for this vote.

2 - every year, you complain when ANYONE but your player gets a vote.

3 - every year, you wonder why it turns into a popularity contest.

try looking at point 2, or just refer to my first post that said try shutting your damn mouth sometimes.

Yes, that's called "building a case. It turns in a popularity contest because the voters have no integrity and the blue team doesn' t see that 

Yes, that's called "building a case. It turns in a popularity contest because the voters have no integrity and the blue team doesn' t see that 

Again, you miss the point. Calling out anyone who votes against you isn’t building a case. It’s being a brat and it drives people away 

you need to remind them EVERY YEAR what is the trophy about, because they sure love to forget about it. Maybe they try to convince them self about their own bias voting, who knows  

Again, you miss the point. Calling out anyone who votes against you isn’t building a case. It’s being a brat and it drives people away 

tell me your votes then, wanna have a constructive argument ? Tell me why you voted for degrath 

unfortunately you won't, because you aren't built to defend that vote with valid arguments 

Edited by boubabi

oh, and yo uwonder why I'm building a case every year ? Because people like @der meister and @Gooningitup and @Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) still fucking exists and they have a vote 

We exist because unlike you, we tend to not whine and cry if things don't go our way. We are adults about the matter when you are still sitting at the children's table. Maybe the VHL would be more entertaining and it would be a good place to enjoy if you either shut your mouth as der said or you just went away. I still wonder why you "exist" on the VHL.

Just now, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

We exist because unlike you, we tend to not whine and cry if things don't go our way. We are adults about the matter when you are still sitting at the children's table.

are yo ufucking serious ? Yo uare fucking banned on sba and you have the worst reputation on sim leagues. You can't talk shit 

Just now, boubabi said:

are yo ufucking serious ? Yo uare fucking banned on sba and you have the worst reputation on sim leagues. You can't talk shit 

http://sba.today/forums/index.php?/profile/2473-kgr/

I think this link says otherwise ;) oh and for worst rep, congratulations for taking that from me.